#5101 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

I think Lee can be a star.  Let him win the damn thing.  They won't but should.

If Punk appears, and there is about 5% chance of that, he is winning.  The only was they get him back in main event type, WM appearance.  

They definitely think a lot of Lee. The way he's been booked since The Saudi Incident has made that pretty clear. 

I'm 100% here for Brock/Lee. Hehehe, Broccoli. LOL

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#5102 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,683 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

I would put Rousey at having the best chance to win, and I don't know if she's in or not. 

I gotta think that whoever wins is currently not a member of the Raw/SD team because I can't see any of them being big draws as a well-hyped match. Rousey, Baszler, Ripley...MAYBE Io or Belair. But that's really it. And whoever wins has to be facing Becky for it to be a big draw. Sasha/Becky, Charlotte/Becky...those have happened.

They definitely have 30. They'll just have to gut NXT completely in order to get there.

That's pretty much exactly what will happen. Maybe a couple of the throwbacks, but I wouldn't count on but like 2-3 of those. Only so many times you can go back to the well on Molly Holly.

I think you'll be surprised how easy it will be to get to 30. Only 10 of them really have a shot, but isn't that how the mens side works too?

@JeremyMStrain

#5103 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,683 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

They definitely think a lot of Lee. The way he's been booked since The Saudi Incident has made that pretty clear. 

I'm 100% here for Brock/Lee. Hehehe, Broccoli. LOL

I figured a "big man" showdown is going to happen. Braun and Lee, or Lee eliminates Brock, even though he doesn't win. SOMETHING along those lines to elevate him a bit more, get him more screen time, and he hits big time card come SummerSlam. But who knows...they tend to do the tired old thing cause they don't trust untested champs. Seems like Kofi's reign worked well...I don't know why you get away from that.

@JeremyMStrain

#5104 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

I figured a "big man" showdown is going to happen. Braun and Lee, or Lee eliminates Brock, even though he doesn't win. SOMETHING along those lines to elevate him a bit more, get him more screen time, and he hits big time card come SummerSlam. But who knows...they tend to do the tired old thing cause they don't trust untested champs. Seems like Kofi's reign worked well...I don't know why you get away from that.

They've done really well with untested champs as of late, which is why the fact that they're scared to do it AGAIN doesn't baffle me. Jinder's run and Kofi's runs were both positive. Bray's doesn't count I GUESS, but it kinda should. 

#5105 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

They've done really well with untested champs as of late, which is why the fact that they're scared to do it AGAIN doesn't baffle me. Jinder's run and Kofi's runs were both positive. Bray's doesn't count I GUESS, but it kinda should. 

I am not sure I would agree about Jinder, but there were reasons they put the belt on him, but I like the unexpected champions.

Another reason for having Keith Lee win the Rumble, and take the belt from Lesnar.  I know, not going to happen, but it would be good IMO.

@mikeghg

#5106 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:22 PM

I am not sure I would agree about Jinder, but there were reasons they put the belt on him, but I like the unexpected champions.

Another reason for having Keith Lee win the Rumble, and take the belt from Lesnar.  I know, not going to happen, but it would be good IMO.

Welp, Lee's chances just went down, now that he has a belt!

I was a fan of Jinder's reign. His entrance, his demeanor, the Singhs. It all worked.

#5107 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

Welp, Lee's chances just went down, now that he has a belt!

I was a fan of Jinder's reign. His entrance, his demeanor, the Singhs. It all worked.

Yes they did.  Glad to see Lee get a belt though.  Hopefully they keep building him.

As far as Jinder, I thought he was awful in the ring.  Agree that the build up to him certainly worked.  

@mikeghg

#5108 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

Again a real good NXT show, in Worlds collide last night.

DIY vs. Mustache Mountain and UE vs. Imperium, were both terrific.

@mikeghg

#5109 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,191 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:16 PM

Don’t have the network anymore but read the live tweets of the RR. Sounds like it was a rumble for the ages.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5110 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,989 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:22 PM

Strong show. Don't like Charlotte but glad they're moving away from the Roman and Seth show. I was entertained.

#5111 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:39 AM

The women's rumble was fantastic. Definitely the better of the two and easily the best of the women's rumbles to date. They told a helluva story with Bianca, Charlotte and Shayna.  The Otis/Mandy spots were also really great. "Santina" rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but I thought it was funny. Sasha was injured so I think it was a last-second thing.

The men's rumble was...pretty good. The first half? I understand what they were going for, and I figured that they would do that...but it went on way too much. The second half was really good. Edge looked -great-, and the Rated RKO callback was awesome. The pop was the biggest pop I've heard since Kofi's win.

Drew winning was 100% the right call.

Lots of men's talent missing from the Rumble without mention. Truth, Andrade, Buddy (though he was obviously involved), Ali, Cedric, Jinder. It's insane how far Ali has fallen. Yikes.

#5112 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

I thought the show was very good.  I liked both Rumbles. and I had a hunch Edge was going to the surprise.

He hung in for awhile, looked good, and took a number of bumps.  It also looks like they may have set him up for a Mania match with either Styles or Orton.

@mikeghg

#5113 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

The women's rumble was fantastic. Definitely the better of the two and easily the best of the women's rumbles to date. They told a helluva story with Bianca, Charlotte and Shayna.  The Otis/Mandy spots were also really great. "Santina" rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but I thought it was funny. Sasha was injured so I think it was a last-second thing.

The men's rumble was...pretty good. The first half? I understand what they were going for, and I figured that they would do that...but it went on way too much. The second half was really good. Edge looked -great-, and the Rated RKO callback was awesome. The pop was the biggest pop I've heard since Kofi's win.

Drew winning was 100% the right call.

Lots of men's talent missing from the Rumble without mention. Truth, Andrade, Buddy (though he was obviously involved), Ali, Cedric, Jinder. It's insane how far Ali has fallen. Yikes.

They should move Cedric and Ali back to NXT.

I was surprised no Andrade, but he is getting pretty good run.

@mikeghg

#5114 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:53 AM

I thought the show was very good.  I liked both Rumbles. and I had a hunch Edge was going to the surprise.

He hung in for awhile, looked good, and took a number of bumps.  It also looks like they may have set him up for a Mania match with either Styles or Orton.

The first spear (which they missed on TV, but you can find on twitter) was bonkers. Man, that might be the best spear he's ever hit. Dolph is a -master- seller.

#5115 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

The first spear (which they missed on TV, but you can find on twitter) was bonkers. Man, that might be the best spear he's ever hit. Dolph is a -master- seller.

My son has said for a long time that no one is better at selling the hit then Ziggler.

I suspect Edge works a PPV schedule.  I would be very surprised if he is not at Mania.

On a related matter, his wife, must have gotten stitches last night.  She was a bloody mess.

@mikeghg

#5116 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:37 PM

Drew winning the Rumble was the right move.  The way they did it perfectly sets up Drew_Brock at Mania, where I think Drew gets the belt.

I have been critical of Brock, but I thought he did the work last night.  I question some of the guys they had work for him, but it was well orchestrated.

On the woman's side, it looks like Becky-Charlotte again.

@mikeghg

#5117 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

Dammit Joe got hurt again. Fuck.

#5118 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:20 PM

What a fantastic episode of Raw.

You know you did the damn thing when you even made Mojo look great.

#5119 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

What a fantastic episode of Raw.

You know you did the damn thing when you even made Mojo look great.

The shows have been getting better.  It seems to me they are building good story lines to lead to Mania.

FWIW, Joe's injury was real.  He has a concussion.

@mikeghg

#5120 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,377 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:21 PM

I really like the heat between Drew and Brock.  Brock will disappear for about a month. then they will begin to build up to WM.

Have to think Drew takes the belt at WM.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners