Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:22 AM

RIP Rocky Johnson. 

One of the stars of Saturday morning wrestling, back in the day.

RIP Rocky

@mikeghg

#5082 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

NXT's match between Riddle/Dunne and...I don't even know their named...is BONKERS.

The guy that showed up looking like The Mad Mod is incredible.

#5083 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

NXT's match between Riddle/Dunne and...I don't even know their named...is BONKERS.

The guy that showed up looking like The Mad Mod is incredible.

Terrific match, I also don['t know who the other guys were, but that was damn good.

NXT, IMO constantly tops both Raw, SD and the AEW show.

@mikeghg

#5084 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,269 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

I can't get into NXT. I don't know why.

I like AEW but it's stars and scrubs for sure. Jericho, Moxley, Omega, Young Bucks. MJF is a hell of a heel right now and great on the mic. But some of the lesser stars will miss their mark sometimes. They are not as polished.

I like AEW cause its two hours, there isn't a PPV every month so they will have PPV caliber matches on TV. They aren't afraid to take chances. You don't want to see anyone hurt, but almost every person on the roster has a pile driver in the arsenal where as WWE is like Undertaker and no one else because of the danger.

Jim Ross, Tony Schivone, thats the voice of my childhood.  

I like the little factoids on the name graphic and the records.

I always thought stats was the next evolution of wrestling. Submission%, Pin fall%, Finisher resulting in pin fall%, DQ%. Average time in a submission before tapping out. Weapons used, weapons against, 

Someone with a high percentage of reversals would be an intriguing matchup against someone who has a high percentage of pin falls after just one finisher. They are slippery, but get caught once, and they are done. 

Wrestling dabbles with stats when it comes to the Royal Rumble. Most eliminations, most entries, longest lasting. You also have win streaks, and undefeated streaks, and title reigns. I just figured a kid with an iPad keeping track of everything would be the next step by now.

• Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5085 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

I am the reverse.  I can not get into AEW.  I don't think it is a very good product right now.They have some talent, but the bottom part of the roster is not very good IMO.

I really think NXT is the best wrestling show on TV right now.

• The Epic likes this
@mikeghg

#5086 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

NXY will get stronger now that Gargano is back and Dream is supposed to be back shortly.

@mikeghg

#5087 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:49 AM

I do agree that the AEW announcing team of Ross and Shiavoni, is far better than any of the WWE teams.

@mikeghg

#5088 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:17 PM

NXY will get stronger now that Gargano is back and Dream is supposed to be back shortly.

I feel a little bad for Dream, because they're plugging along fantastically without him. 

I bet that when they call UE up (which I assume will be soon), to bolster the tag team division, it will coincide with his return.

#5089 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

BTW, I always watch old Royal Rumbles to get hyped for the upcoming Rumble.

I cannot stress how good 2018's Rumble was (the one Nakamura won). It was -really- well done, upon rewatch. Might be my favorite.

#5090 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,854 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:07 PM

BTW, I always watch old Royal Rumbles to get hyped for the upcoming Rumble.

I cannot stress how good 2018's Rumble was (the one Nakamura won). It was -really- well done, upon rewatch. Might be my favorite.

I do the same thing. 18 was good. 92 is my favorite and 1990 is pretty good too. I also enjoyed the one where Vince runs down and pulls both quads.

#5091 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:56 AM

I feel a little bad for Dream, because they're plugging along fantastically without him. 

I bet that when they call UE up (which I assume will be soon), to bolster the tag team division, it will coincide with his return.

That will be interesting to see if the bring UE up.  They consistently say there is no longer a main roster.   

@mikeghg

#5092 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

That will be interesting to see if the bring UE up.  They consistently say there is no longer a main roster.   

It's not, but in the realm of having good rosters, NXT can lose UE and Raw -really- needs some new tag team blood. 

The only other option would be possibly throwing Mustache Mountain on Raw, and I wouldn't be against that.

BTW, guesses on Royal Rumble winners, in order of who I think will win:

1) Drew McIntyre

2) Roman Reigns

3) Ali

4) Ciampa

5) Cena

6) Brock

7) Andrade

8) Braun

I COULD see Rusev, maybe. They've stuck on this storyline for so long for a reason.

I don't think they go back to the well with Kofi. 

#5093 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:48 PM

It's not, but in the realm of having good rosters, NXT can lose UE and Raw -really- needs some new tag team blood. 

The only other option would be possibly throwing Mustache Mountain on Raw, and I wouldn't be against that.

1) Drew McIntyre

2) Roman Reigns

3) Ali

4) Ciampa

5) Cena

6) Brock

7) Andrade

8) Braun

I COULD see Rusev, maybe. They've stuck on this storyline for so long for a reason.

My issue, with bringing UE up, is that Vince does not really value tag team.   He would rather waste time on some silly story line, then to build the tag division.

Case in point, the Street Profits, who I think are good are being used on a SNL type skit.

@mikeghg

#5094 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:50 PM

1) Drew McIntyre

2) Roman Reigns

3) Ali

4) Ciampa

5) Cena

6) Brock

7) Andrade

8) Braun

Keith Lee would be a great RR winner.   They are constantly looking for their next Big Man.   Keith Lee can be that star.

There will be some surprises.  Cena may be one.   CM Punk would make the crowd explode.

@mikeghg

#5095 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

Keith Lee would be a great RR winner.   They are constantly looking for their next Big Man.   Keith Lee can be that star.

There will be some surprises.  Cena may be one.   CM Punk would make the crowd explode.

Crap, totally forgot Keith Lee. I'd put him just above Cena. 

Lee will definitely be one of those guys that could get that insane 'Final Person Eliminated' pop that guys like Reigns have gotten.

You -cannot- have Punk in there unless you intend for him to win. 

#5096 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:01 PM

My issue, with bringing UE up, is that Vince does not really value tag team.   He would rather waste time on some silly story line, then to build the tag division.

Case in point, the Street Profits, who I think are good are being used on a SNL type skit.

I agree, but to be fair, Street Profits are excellent narrators. The SNL skit was dumb, but their backstage stuff has been mostly excellent. Somewhat like Breezango. And they've done enough wrestling where they're getting their fair share of TV time. They haven't been wasted by any stretch. 

#5097 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

I agree, but to be fair, Street Profits are excellent narrators. The SNL skit was dumb, but their backstage stuff has been mostly excellent. Somewhat like Breezango. And they've done enough wrestling where they're getting their fair share of TV time. They haven't been wasted by any stretch. 

They are getting air time, but I want to see them in a meaningful story line.   

@mikeghg

#5098 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:05 PM

Crap, totally forgot Keith Lee. I'd put him just above Cena. 

Lee will definitely be one of those guys that could get that insane 'Final Person Eliminated' pop that guys like Reigns have gotten.

You -cannot- have Punk in there unless you intend for him to win. 

I think Lee can be a star.  Let him win the damn thing.  They won't but should.

If Punk appears, and there is about 5% chance of that, he is winning.  The only was they get him back in main event type, WM appearance.  

@mikeghg

#5099 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

The interesting thing, to me is how they get to 30 on the womans RR.  I count 16, when you eliminate Bayley  and Becky (current champs).

I expect Naomi, Jax and Snuka's daughter, and a few NXT stars, so how they get the last 6 or 7 might be surprising.

I am guessing Charlotte, gets a lot of consideration to win, but would not be surprised to see Baszler get in and win.

Also would not be shocked to see the return of Rousey.  And if that is the case she wins and sets up a match with Becky at WM.

@mikeghg

#5100 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

The interesting thing, to me is how they get to 30 on the womans RR.  I count 16, when you eliminate Bayley  and Becky (current champs).

I expect Naomi, Jax and Snuka's daughter, and a few NXT stars, so how they get the last 6 or 7 might be surprising.

I am guessing Charlotte, gets a lot of consideration to win, but would not be surprised to see Baszler get in and win.

Also would not be shocked to see the return of Rousey.  And if that is the case she wins and sets up a match with Becky at WM.

I would put Rousey at having the best chance to win, and I don't know if she's in or not. 

I gotta think that whoever wins is currently not a member of the Raw/SD team because I can't see any of them being big draws as a well-hyped match. Rousey, Baszler, Ripley...MAYBE Io or Belair. But that's really it. And whoever wins has to be facing Becky for it to be a big draw. Sasha/Becky, Charlotte/Becky...those have happened.

They definitely have 30. They'll just have to gut NXT completely in order to get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners