#5061 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:33 PM

Luke Harper, the Ascension, and Sin Cara all released. Gotta be net positives for all of them. 

I don't think Luke goes to AEW, at least not yet. I think he's the type of guy that could get a lot more money on individual dates before settling down again.

Sin Cara, supposedly wants to return to Mexico.

@mikeghg

#5062 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

I think they're really hurting for female talent, and that's going to be really clear, really soon. 

The Ascension (and, inevitably, The Revival) will shoot up that tag division like nobody's business. They are perfect.

Agreed. And as stacked as the WWE roster is right now, without a dedicated place to put them, there are going to be some available. The lowest tier in WWE would headline AEW right now.

The ones I'm watching, and I think their deals are coming up soon are: Ember Moon, Liv Morgan, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose and on the men's side Cesaro and the Uso's. Family name should keep the latter cozy, but if they feel like it's too crowded I could see them jet, I know they didn't make much for being such a decorated team.

I know they've been wrapping up the men when they can, but there has to be a chunk of women coming up on the expiration of their early deals. With that stacked wave coming up from NXT, not to mention Tori Storm and some UK folks knocking on the door...they've got too many mouths to feed.

@JeremyMStrain

#5063 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:02 PM

TLC was mediocre last night.  It seems like they toned down the crash factor a bit.

@mikeghg

#5064 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:17 AM

NXT good again last night.

Ripley beat Basler for the title.

• JeremyStrain likes this
@mikeghg

#5065 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,074 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:04 PM

Shoemaker went on a long rant about the Charlotte/Kairi fiasco, and I can't even say I disagree.

Someone needs to be fired or openly reprimanded.

#5066 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:48 PM

Shoemaker went on a long rant about the Charlotte/Kairi fiasco, and I can't even say I disagree.

Someone needs to be fired or openly reprimanded.

I think Kiari got hurt when she was slammed into the barrier.  I do not think Charlotte realized, Kari was hurt.  I think Becky realized it when they were outside the ring, because it looked like Kari was talking to her.   Becky then seemed to go to Asuka and tell her that she needed to go the rest of the way in the match.

The problems were numerous.

-the match seemed to long.  It had to be a half hour and I think Kari  got hurt at about the 12 minute mark.

- No communication between the girls except for Becky, who seemed to figure it out.

- The ref should have been on this.  Idid not see the X signal from him at any point.

- Charlotte should have realized Kari was hurt and not slammed her through thye table.

I don't think anyone should be fired, but it was a low for an already bad show.

@mikeghg

#5067 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

I think Kiari got hurt when she was slammed into the barrier.  I do not think Charlotte realized, Kari was hurt.  I think Becky realized it when they were outside the ring, because it looked like Kari was talking to her.   Becky then seemed to go to Asuka and tell her that she needed to go the rest of the way in the match.

The problems were numerous.

-the match seemed to long.  It had to be a half hour and I think Kari  got hurt at about the 12 minute mark.

- No communication between the girls except for Becky, who seemed to figure it out.

- The ref should have been on this.  Idid not see the X signal from him at any point.

- Charlotte should have realized Kari was hurt and not slammed her through thye table.

I don't think anyone should be fired, but it was a low for an already bad show.

Right around then, it was when they took the monitors out of the announce table. When Char swung hers, she belted Sane in the head. When Becky was talking to her apparently she was checking if she needed to bail or keep going, and she wanted to keep going even though she was REALLY out of it. That's why the powerbomb looked botched cause Sane was so sluggish she couldn't get fully in position. It's also why all 4 of them were giving her props on Twitter after, cause she was SO tough to push through that match with a severe concussion.

@JeremyMStrain

#5068 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

Right around then, it was when they took the monitors out of the announce table. When Char swung hers, she belted Sane in the head. When Becky was talking to her apparently she was checking if she needed to bail or keep going, and she wanted to keep going even though she was REALLY out of it. That's why the powerbomb looked botched cause Sane was so sluggish she couldn't get fully in position. It's also why all 4 of them were giving her props on Twitter after, cause she was SO tough to push through that match with a severe concussion.

Yep, it was botched, but not sure anyone should be fired.  

The ref, probably needed to be more aware.  I did not see the X, from the ref, which is the injury signal.

@mikeghg

#5069 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:30 AM

Andrade won the US title at a house show, in MSG last night.

I would like to see him get a push.

@mikeghg

#5070 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,205 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:56 PM

Andrade won the US title at a house show, in MSG last night.

I would like to see him get a push.

I think they did the same thing with A.J Styles a few years back against Kevin Owens. Might have been in MSG too. I know they have a soft spot for that building and always do something special in shows there.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5071 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:28 AM

I think they did the same thing with A.J Styles a few years back against Kevin Owens. Might have been in MSG too. I know they have a soft spot for that building and always do something special in shows there.

No doubt.  They always treat house shows, like PPV's when at the Garden.

MSG, has a deep history, with the WWE.  

@mikeghg

#5072 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,074 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

The wedding was awesome, and I take issue with anyone that says otherwise.

#5073 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,070 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:19 PM

What about the swerve?

On a related note remember when the Riott Squad was a legit force, Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• The Epic likes this

#5074 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:26 PM

What about the swerve?

On a related note remember when the Riott Squad was a legit force, Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I'm not going to lie, I love me some Liv. More than Mandy Rose actually. (This is all based on being hot, not wrestling skill)

I was thinking a while ago they were going to have to break up all these little factions. They have too many people on the roster and are going to have to start trimming, and ladies from those troops are exactly the ones that will get targeted. Just too much talent in NXT on top of a deep roster they already had.

@JeremyMStrain

#5075 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,074 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:28 PM

What about the swerve?

HLA!

HLA!

HLA!!!

#5076 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

Yea, they are always memorable.

Lawler's laughing in the back ground was funny.

@mikeghg

#5077 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,991 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

Should’ve brought back Bischoff for 3 minutes.
  • The Epic likes this

#5078 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,074 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

Should’ve brought back Bischoff for 3 minutes.

I see what you did there.

(RIP Umaga)

#5079 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:31 AM

The WWE will not let the Lana-Rusev- Bobby thing die.

Another segment spent on it last night,  And a match next week.

@mikeghg

#5080 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:06 PM

RIP Rocky Johnson. 

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic