#5041 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:29 PM

How much of this show is kayfabe? Some of it has to be right? He can't possibly be hired to be on this WWE talk show without having met with WWE. There has to be a script to follow, approved by Vince. Nothing with the WWE logo on it happens without his fingers on it, right?

I get that on say NFL pregame shows, Roger Goodell doesn't write the script. But this is clearly different. 

I am sure some, but Punk seemed pretty upfront.  Vince may be willing to take some hits to get Punk back into a ring.

@mikeghg

#5042 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:31 PM

One other thing, Punk criticized the story lines, but no individual.

@mikeghg

#5043 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:46 AM

There were some really good matches on NXT last night.

Ricochet and Riddle and the Revival Vs. Fish and O'Reilly.   The later was excellent.

@mikeghg

#5044 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

War Games was terrific.  The main event ended with Ciampa and Cole pulling of a finishing move that was incredible and IMO dangerous.

@mikeghg

#5045 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

And KO is now on NXT

@mikeghg

#5046 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:10 PM

Actually KO is not on NXT.  It looks like they were trying to lessen the load on some of the NXT talent with War Games, the day before SS.

@mikeghg

#5047 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:13 PM

Some NXT talent seems to be in line for major pushes.  

Cole, Lee, Ripley and Baszler all played major roles all week leading to War Games and SS.

All were terrific.

@mikeghg

#5048 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

Some NXT talent seems to be in line for major pushes.  

Cole, Lee, Ripley and Baszler all played major roles all week leading to War Games and SS.

All were terrific.

Keith Lee kinda got the Roman Reigns rub, which is pretty crazy since nobody could have predicted this even 6 weeks ago.

He looks like a star. He just needs a good story other than RAWR STRONG FIGHT.

Obviously Ripley will be the face of the women's division within the year. She's amazing in every way. 

#5049 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

Royal Rumble is going to be fun with all the NXT guys. They went all in with making it an equal third brand.

#5050 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,402 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

Keith Lee kinda got the Roman Reigns rub, which is pretty crazy since nobody could have predicted this even 6 weeks ago.

Obviously Ripley will be the face of the women's division within the year. She's amazing in every way. 

I don't know that this was ever even a problem back in the Golden Years we grew up with...but there's too much legit talent for storylines. So many people that need more time are getting squeezed right now, and it just keeps getting worse. I'm glad they went the 3 brand strat...especially since I was pretty much begging for it for a couple years...but now I feel like they still need more competition from the outside just to get all these people some spotlight.

I mean really...we had the top like 20 guys back then, the same ones recycled into new storylines over and over...and a bunch of jobbers for the weekly shows. It was a BIG deal to see a name guy vs name guy back then. Now they have like 20 guys per brand, PLUS a women's division, AND people in the minors kicking down the door.

@JeremyMStrain

#5051 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

Lee, IMO is the best big guy on the roster and I just don’t mean just NXT.

He is a STAR

@mikeghg

#5052 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:29 AM

Lee, IMO is the best big guy on the roster and I just don’t mean just NXT.

He is a STAR

Agreed. Also, he's seriously the nicest guy. And he checks literally every box. "Legit" background in football, fantastic talker, strong as an ox, and incredibly athletic. He passes Shoemaker's "Randy Orton Test" easily.

You could see him headlining WM by 2021, and it wouldn't be unreasonable at all. Hell, you could convince me of 2020.

#5053 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:30 AM

BTW I'm just watching Raw and the Rusev segment...man, I marked out. The storyline is so crappy, but if that was the payoff, I'm 100% in.

Also the way he was "served" was HILARIOUS. I've seen worse happen to people, but that one's pretty damn great.

#5054 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

BTW I'm just watching Raw and the Rusev segment...man, I marked out. The storyline is so crappy, but if that was the payoff, I'm 100% in.

Also the way he was "served" was HILARIOUS. I've seen worse happen to people, but that one's pretty damn great.

I am sick of the story line.  Lana and Rusev and to a degree Lashley must have been desperate for TV time.  The whole thing reminds somewhat of the attitude era.

This week Lashley and Lana got arrested.  

Move on.

@mikeghg

#5055 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

Luke Harper finally got his release, how long before he shows up on AEW?

#5056 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:21 AM

Luke Harper finally got his release, how long before he shows up on AEW?

I really don 't  watch AEW much they should sign him yesterday.  IMO, he is a really talented big guy.  I have always been a little shocked that he did not click with Vince.

@mikeghg

#5057 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

I really don 't  watch AEW much they should sign him yesterday.  IMO, he is a really talented big guy.  I have always been a little shocked that he did not click with Vince.

He had that one sort of push a year and half ago before mania.  Crowd seemed to be getting behind him a bit as well and then that was it.

#5058 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

Luke Harper, the Ascension, and Sin Cara all released. Gotta be net positives for all of them. 

I don't think Luke goes to AEW, at least not yet. I think he's the type of guy that could get a lot more money on individual dates before settling down again.

#5059 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,402 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Luke Harper, the Ascension, and Sin Cara all released. Gotta be net positives for all of them. 

I don't think Luke goes to AEW, at least not yet. I think he's the type of guy that could get a lot more money on individual dates before settling down again.

Could be...but I know they haven't been shy talking about going after him, let's be honest, the biggest thing holding them back is having enough talent to show. I think they'll start spending production money once the roster really warrants it, but when one of your top of the line card draws is Jericho...that's not super ideal (mostly because of his other commitments and he isn't a long term investment).

IMO gotta get all these guys and let things start to work themselves out, right now they need depth. Sin Cara could help jumpstart a lightweight division, or put up some crazy matches with some of the younger high impact guys. Ascension would be a good splash in the tag team ranks.

Gotta get what you can for now, worry about raising the bottom talent line later.

@JeremyMStrain

#5060 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:07 PM

Could be...but I know they haven't been shy talking about going after him, let's be honest, the biggest thing holding them back is having enough talent to show. I think they'll start spending production money once the roster really warrants it, but when one of your top of the line card draws is Jericho...that's not super ideal (mostly because of his other commitments and he isn't a long term investment).

IMO gotta get all these guys and let things start to work themselves out, right now they need depth. Sin Cara could help jumpstart a lightweight division, or put up some crazy matches with some of the younger high impact guys. Ascension would be a good splash in the tag team ranks.

Gotta get what you can for now, worry about raising the bottom talent line later.

I think they're really hurting for female talent, and that's going to be really clear, really soon. 

The Ascension (and, inevitably, The Revival) will shoot up that tag division like nobody's business. They are perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners