#5001 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

Graves has a new podcast which kiiiinda blurs the line between real and fake. It's pretty good stuff. 

#5002 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,909 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:26 PM

So Crown Jewel was yesterday, forgot all about of that.   Bray took the strap from Seth.  In related news many of the roster is stuck in Saudi Arabia for undisclosed reasons and wont be on SD tonight.  Could make for a different SD than originally planned.  Hopefully everyone gets out of there ASAP.

#5003 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 01 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

So Crown Jewel was yesterday, forgot all about of that.   Bray took the strap from Seth.  In related news many of the roster is stuck in Saudi Arabia for undisclosed reasons and wont be on SD tonight.  Could make for a different SD than originally planned.  Hopefully everyone gets out of there ASAP.

If there was a better time for an hour-long showcase match for someone (Sami???), I can't think of one. 

#5004 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:16 PM

If there was a better time for an hour-long showcase match for someone (Sami???), I can't think of one. 

I sped through SD last night.  Bryan and Cole was fantastic.  A very good show.  The WWE does better when they do not have time to plan some of their dumb ass story lines.

• DuffMan likes this
@mikeghg

#5005 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,909 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:53 PM

I sped through SD last night.  Bryan and Cole was fantastic.  A very good show.  The WWE does better when they do not have time to plan some of their dumb ass story lines.

Like Rusev, Lana & Lashley?

#5006 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:57 PM

Like Rusev, Lana & Lashley?

Exactly.  I watched last night, and wondered what other female they are going to add to the story line.

@mikeghg

#5007 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,309 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

It's funny, I asked for a SD/RAW/NXT storyline for Survivor Series a few weeks ago, and now looks like I'm going to get it because of a travel screw up rewriting plans.

What I'm more interested in, is who else is going to jump to NXT, they are clearly looking to move some more main-liners over there, and creating the whole "I can just quit this show and sign with that show" just threw out the whole can't cross over thing.

Seth is my fav right now, and I love him on Raw, but a Seth/Finn feud for the NXT title is REALLLLLLY tempting. I thought maybe they'd have him and AJ fight over the whole OC thing for SS, but a lot of those NXT guys are showing they deserve the big show anyway.

@JeremyMStrain

#5008 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:17 PM

It's funny, I asked for a SD/RAW/NXT storyline for Survivor Series a few weeks ago, and now looks like I'm going to get it because of a travel screw up rewriting plans.

What I'm more interested in, is who else is going to jump to NXT, they are clearly looking to move some more main-liners over there, and creating the whole "I can just quit this show and sign with that show" just threw out the whole can't cross over thing.

Seth is my fav right now, and I love him on Raw, but a Seth/Finn feud for the NXT title is REALLLLLLY tempting. I thought maybe they'd have him and AJ fight over the whole OC thing for SS, but a lot of those NXT guys are showing they deserve the big show anyway.

I don't think Seth is going, but DB makes sense.  He really likes working with the younger guys, is not adverse to putting them over, and is still excellent in ring.  The problem is supposedly FOX asked for Bryan so not likely to move.

The NXT, Raw, SD, was in works for SS before the travel issues.

@mikeghg

#5009 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,309 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:46 PM

I don't think Seth is going, but DB makes sense.  He really likes working with the younger guys, is not adverse to putting them over, and is still excellent in ring.  The problem is supposedly FOX asked for Bryan so not likely to move.

The NXT, Raw, SD, was in works for SS before the travel issues.

The rumor is they demanded Brock too, and that's already over, so I don't think any of those rumors are true. I can't see the WWE letting a network dictate who is where anyway, they've never done that even when they were desperate for the tv deals. They sign contracts for the product, not the individual characters.

If they are going to make this a true even standing 3 shows...which I've said they needed for years...they have to balance the talent some. The NXT guys are legit, but a HUGE part of doing this is to be able to give more guys meaningful storylines and title shots, so those guys at the top of both shows being squeezed out are going to get to spread out some.

Moving Seth and letting the real big heavies battle it out a bit, Bray, Braun, Brock, Cain, Keith Lee, Big E...guys thats more believeable they can slug it out. Move Seth to a group with great performers who work hard, and put on some spectacular matches.

I just don't think they thought out this talent spread when they were doing the "draft".

@JeremyMStrain

#5010 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

The rumor is they demanded Brock too, and that's already over, so I don't think any of those rumors are true. I can't see the WWE letting a network dictate who is where anyway, they've never done that even when they were desperate for the tv deals. They sign contracts for the product, not the individual characters.

If they are going to make this a true even standing 3 shows...which I've said they needed for years...they have to balance the talent some. The NXT guys are legit, but a HUGE part of doing this is to be able to give more guys meaningful storylines and title shots, so those guys at the top of both shows being squeezed out are going to get to spread out some.

Moving Seth and letting the real big heavies battle it out a bit, Bray, Braun, Brock, Cain, Keith Lee, Big E...guys thats more believeable they can slug it out. Move Seth to a group with great performers who work hard, and put on some spectacular matches.

I just don't think they thought out this talent spread when they were doing the "draft".

I think the difference is Brock is a part timer.  You can move him around,   i am still aggravated they put the belt on him.

@mikeghg

#5011 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,309 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:50 PM

I think the difference is Brock is a part timer.  You can move him around,   i am still aggravated they put the belt on him.

Maybe...but doesn't that make it even worse? If FOX is demanding this guy and then because of his schedule they get him like 3 times a year? I'm with you, I think he's the biggest waste of a person to put a belt on, especially since the only person he will drop it to is Seth apparently.

The weird thing is, whatever is in his contract, I'm sure there's a certain number of days for him to hold the belt in there, BUT personally as much as you want to hate the guy, word is that he's actually a pretty decent human being. He'll never be the Hulk Hogan/John Cena Make-A-Wish guy, because he's SO hated in the storylines, but the fact that he dropped to Seth twice without a complaint does show a better side to him than we've seen before. I'm interested to see how he does, especially after his tantrum after Braun popped him for real a few months ago and he got all angry.

@JeremyMStrain

#5012 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,309 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

Interesting that Orton just extended with WWE....well that's not, I expected that, he's been a golden boy of theirs for years...but what is interesting is that they announced it very loudly. Seeing that he was a big target for AEW, no one can suggest they aren't taking them seriously...with the best way they can hurt them is keeping their own talent off the FA wire.

@JeremyMStrain

#5013 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

Interesting that Orton just extended with WWE....well that's not, I expected that, he's been a golden boy of theirs for years...but what is interesting is that they announced it very loudly. Seeing that he was a big target for AEW, no one can suggest they aren't taking them seriously...with the best way they can hurt them is keeping their own talent off the FA wire.

I think they were playing around for their Back Stage Show.  A lot of people thought their "big announcement", last night, was going to be Punk.  Instead they announce Orton.  

@mikeghg

#5014 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

BTW, Renee Young is pretty good on the Back Stage Show, when she can get Booker to shut up.

@mikeghg

#5015 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,309 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:10 PM

I think they were playing around for their Back Stage Show.  A lot of people thought their "big announcement", last night, was going to be Punk.  Instead they announce Orton.  

I just can't see Punk coming back. He's like the PRIME candidate to go AEW and add some level of legit to the roster.

@JeremyMStrain

#5016 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

The networks definitely pick the talent. You didn’t see each network’s “war room” full of execs on draft night?
@BSLMikeRandall

#5017 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

I just can't see Punk coming back. He's like the PRIME candidate to go AEW and add some level of legit to the roster.

He has publicly said he is not going to AEW.  He did not like how they went about recruiting him.

I do agree, he would really help them.  His wife too.  She would stand out in the awful women's division they have.

@mikeghg

#5018 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,309 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

The networks definitely pick the talent. You didn’t see each network’s “war room” full of execs on draft night?

The actors you mean?

They 100% do not. I promise you not one single person at Fox or NBC cares in the slightest who is on what wrestling show. They care that this show pulls in certain ratings in certain demographics and that's about the extent of their involvement.

Any kind of moving people around to certain shows is an attempt by WWE to spike ratings and increase their value in negotiations later.

@JeremyMStrain

#5019 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,309 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:51 AM

He has publicly said he is not going to AEW.  He did not like how they went about recruiting him.

I do agree, he would really help them.  His wife too.  She would stand out in the awful women's division they have.

Yeah I heard that too...and it doesn't really shock me, he almost has that I'm above all this broken crap and not going to stoop to their level vibe.

He is that piece though. AEW knows it, they just don't know how to get him. They played the enemy of our enemy card and it didn't work, they just didn't understand him or what he wants when they went after him.

For his side, I can see where it's not real interesting right now, unless they backed a truck up for him, because who wants to put up all that work and that schedule, but there's barely any competition and is anyone really paying attention yet? AEW tried to start "the war" a little early, They just don't have the bullets in the gun yet. They can put on some great shows, and work some great matches, but without enough of a roster and the storylines...they just aren't ready.

@JeremyMStrain

#5020 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:53 PM

Yeah I heard that too...and it doesn't really shock me, he almost has that I'm above all this broken crap and not going to stoop to their level vibe.

He is that piece though. AEW knows it, they just don't know how to get him. They played the enemy of our enemy card and it didn't work, they just didn't understand him or what he wants when they went after him.

For his side, I can see where it's not real interesting right now, unless they backed a truck up for him, because who wants to put up all that work and that schedule, but there's barely any competition and is anyone really paying attention yet? AEW tried to start "the war" a little early, They just don't have the bullets in the gun yet. They can put on some great shows, and work some great matches, but without enough of a roster and the storylines...they just aren't ready.

I'm in and out on AEW, but what I've seen has been really good. Two things:

1) They are really lacking in women's wrestling talent. They're like WWE was in about 2008, except they're not doing jello and B&P matches. 

2) Their promos are outstanding. Cody and Jericho have had two of the three best promos this whole year, and they've only been on the air, what, 5 weeks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners