5030 replies to this topic

#4981 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,207 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:49 AM

I was talking about SD production.  I think it will settle in.  They clearly were spoofing the NFL draft on Friday night.  I thought it was pretty funny.

The AEW looks legit right now.  The men's talent is not on a par with WWE but is good enough.  They are lacking, on the female division side.  The championship match two weeks ago, IMO was bad.   They will continue to sign talent the WWE is not using which will help them build.

Ahh, yeah I know what you mean. I was expecting the typical garish FOX style though. I hate watching anything on that channel.

Yeah it's hard for us to compare cause WCW and WWE were both coming up and developing at the same time. There was never really one big dog and an underdog, which is what we have now.

I said for years the best idea Vince could have ever had would be to launch a new brand through a shell company that no one knows is him. Hands off it and let someone else run it with his money. Could have been up to speed faster, could have "cut" stars to have them sign with this new org. Then you have two shows on competing basis, two different styles, but the kicker would be Vince wins either way since they are both his. They toyed with the idea with the Raw/Smackdown split, but they are both still the same company and it shows. It'd have to be completely separate down to needing separate contracts to really work.

AEW is on the way though, it's just gonna take them a while to catch up while WWE is controlling the mass of contracts, but as they start to run out and people leave for another chance it'll get more interesting. Luke Harper is an afterthought here and screen filler, but might be their best BIG man over there. You could have him come in just destroying people like old school Kane and sell that on that roster since it's mostly light-mid heavyweights and agility over there.

@JeremyMStrain

#4982 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

Ahh, yeah I know what you mean. I was expecting the typical garish FOX style though. I hate watching anything on that channel.

Yeah it's hard for us to compare cause WCW and WWE were both coming up and developing at the same time. There was never really one big dog and an underdog, which is what we have now.

I said for years the best idea Vince could have ever had would be to launch a new brand through a shell company that no one knows is him. Hands off it and let someone else run it with his money. Could have been up to speed faster, could have "cut" stars to have them sign with this new org. Then you have two shows on competing basis, two different styles, but the kicker would be Vince wins either way since they are both his. They toyed with the idea with the Raw/Smackdown split, but they are both still the same company and it shows. It'd have to be completely separate down to needing separate contracts to really work.

AEW is on the way though, it's just gonna take them a while to catch up while WWE is controlling the mass of contracts, but as they start to run out and people leave for another chance it'll get more interesting. Luke Harper is an afterthought here and screen filler, but might be their best BIG man over there. You could have him come in just destroying people like old school Kane and sell that on that roster since it's mostly light-mid heavyweights and agility over there.

Agree on Harper, what a waste of talent.  Rowan getting a push before him, is silly IMO.

@mikeghg

#4983 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

Uso's must be in the dog house.  They have not been on TV for awhile and were left out of the draft.  Too many issues.

@mikeghg

#4984 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,207 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

Uso's must be in the dog house.  They have not been on TV for awhile and were left out of the draft.  Too many issues.

Too many chefs in the kitchen. They've always been favorites of Vince, my guess is some earned time off. With the Vikings, Heavy Machinery, Street Profits, Revival, B Team, Roode/insert partner here, and don't forget about AOP who have been in the background and would make for an interesting matchup with the Vikings. There are a lot of tag teams right now.

I know Revival is probably on their way out, but that's not even including New Day and the OC, or any random pairings that crop up.

They made a point to say anyone not drafted is eligible to sign as a free agent, leaving open the window for people to fill in or jump to a different show later when they need them.

@JeremyMStrain

#4985 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,749 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Uso's must be in the dog house. They have not been on TV for awhile and were left out of the draft. Too many issues.

Draft was dumb. Didn’t watch Raw, but Neither champion picked on Smackdown. They wanted it to simulate the NFL draft. But the two faces of the company, not picked.

I took a couple months break from WWE until the Fox stuff came. I’m so much more impressed with AEW. Love me some Jericho, and hopefully Kenny Omega wrestles some more cause he’s on a whole nother level. Helps that JR and Schivone are on the call.

Might start NXT as well, but as for the two main WWE brands, I’m probably gonna go back to where I was a few years ago. Check in from RR to WM, check out for the other 8 months.

• DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4986 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

I think now that the rosters are set, we will see better story lines.

It is interesting to me that Raw got all the young top-in ring talent, while Smack Down got the bigger names.

Yea, the draft was stupid, but I think they were aiming to keep it amusing.

As for AEW, I think the shows are good, but I really feel a lot of the buzz is because it is new.  The talent IMO, is not close and their women's division is basically non existent.

@mikeghg

#4987 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,749 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:13 PM

I think now that the rosters are set, we will see better story lines.

It is interesting to me that Raw got all the young top-in ring talent, while Smack Down got the bigger names.

Yea, the draft was stupid, but I think they were aiming to keep it amusing.

As for AEW, I think the shows are good, but I really feel a lot of the buzz is because it is new. The talent IMO, is not close and their women's division is basically non existent.

Agree the women’s division needs to be built. But the fact that it’s a 2 hour show, once a week, you get quality over quantity, IMO. They don’t have Braun Stromans, and Bobby Lashleys, But I’ve been really, really impressed with the in ring abilities on AEW. The tag match last week was the best I’ve seen since I don’t know when. It is new, so we’ll see if it stands the test as the weeks go by.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4988 SunspotRob

SunspotRob
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

I think the WWE went overboard with the female wrestlers. Don't get me wrong, I love the divas but it seem to become every other match was the ladies. And while they are great to look at, watching them wrestle is laughable most of the time.

I also prefer the fresh feel of the AEW. If they could just get a few more known commodities, skies the limit for them.

Agree to loving JR and TS on AEW.

#4989 SunspotRob

SunspotRob
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:15 PM

I know this wouldn't happen, but can you imagine if during some random match on AEW, if the lights went out and the Undertaker was in the ring?? That would be shocking!

#4990 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:25 AM

NXT went OFF yesterday. Holy crap. 

I won't spoil it (until maybe Friday) but the ending...WOW. They got me good.

#4991 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

NXT went OFF yesterday. Holy crap. 

I won't spoil it (until maybe Friday) but the ending...WOW. They got me good.

Just read about that, turned it off before the end.  Wishing I hadn't.

On a related note, how long have the Fashion Police been down in NXT? I had completely forgotten about them.  I always thought Fandango was great, if he wasn't going to be used on the main shows NXT is a good place for him.

#4992 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,749 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:41 PM

I think the WWE went overboard with the female wrestlers. Don't get me wrong, I love the divas but it seem to become every other match was the ladies. And while they are great to look at, watching them wrestle is laughable most of the time.

I also prefer the fresh feel of the AEW. If they could just get a few more known commodities, skies the limit for them.

Agree to loving JR and TS on AEW.

I think they misuse some of the female talent. (Asuka, Natty, Nikki) But women’s wrestling came a long, long way. The three year stretch from WM in Dallas to headlining, rightfully, this past WM, they have at times been the only thing worth watching. While the main belt is on Jinder Mahal, or on absent Brock Lesnar. I’ve only tuned in briefly the last few months, and it has gotten stale. Mostly because of the misuse of some, mainly because we’ve seen Becky/Charlotte/Sasha 100 times.

Some of the Women should definitely jump to AEW. Asuka 100%, she’s the best “wrestler” they have and they have her playing tag team as the bukake twins or something. Kyrie whoever is the Marty Jannetty of that duo. Beat it. Nikki Cross the other. Package her back as insane female Dean Ambrose like she was.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4993 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

Just read about that, turned it off before the end.  Wishing I hadn't.

On a related note, how long have the Fashion Police been down in NXT? I had completely forgotten about them.  I always thought Fandango was great, if he wasn't going to be used on the main shows NXT is a good place for him.

A few months, once Fandango was fully healed. I think this is the best place for them. Especially the whole "new outfits every week" thing. That's friggin' awesome. 

BTW...Swerve Scott?!?!?!? Holy crap. Stud.

#4994 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

Balor/Gargano could be a great in ring feud.

@mikeghg

#4995 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,207 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:58 AM

A few months, once Fandango was fully healed. I think this is the best place for them. Especially the whole "new outfits every week" thing. That's friggin' awesome. 

BTW...Swerve Scott?!?!?!? Holy crap. Stud.

Well basically the stuff we've been dreading coming for over a year is really kicking off this morning. Go see why Jay Lethal is trending on twitter.

Myles from NXT just openly declared war on the WWE, posting internal emails, and flat out calling them oppressive and racist. I don't know if he wants out of his contract so he can go somewhere else, or if he's just making a Kap-like stand, I kind of respect either...and it's not like he's not wrong, we've talked about it for a long time here...but doing it like this is going to be tough. People turning on each other...nothing brings out the worst in people like public ego bruising.

@JeremyMStrain

#4996 SunspotRob

SunspotRob
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:17 PM

There you go..... Raw starts off with Becky Lynch again. I'm really sick of her.

#4997 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,749 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:03 PM

Watched NXT because no World Series and Steelers/Dolphins....ummmmm. No.

Keith Lee. Holy shit. Big man looked like a luchador. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4998 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:21 AM

Well basically the stuff we've been dreading coming for over a year is really kicking off this morning. Go see why Jay Lethal is trending on twitter.

Myles from NXT just openly declared war on the WWE, posting internal emails, and flat out calling them oppressive and racist. I don't know if he wants out of his contract so he can go somewhere else, or if he's just making a Kap-like stand, I kind of respect either...and it's not like he's not wrong, we've talked about it for a long time here...but doing it like this is going to be tough. People turning on each other...nothing brings out the worst in people like public ego bruising.

He had a really, really good case and had pretty much all of social media on his side...until he brought up Jay. Then everything turned on him pretty quickly. That was incredibly dumb because nobody knows anything of what Jay's done to get to where he's been (other than be a REALLY good wrestler). 

Now he's RIGHT. That shirt is...holy crap. Just WOW. No way a black person even did QA on that. The fact that HHH and Vince were investigating this BEFORE the Jay tweet should tell you everything about this situation.

I feel bad for Cedric Alexander, who is a good friend of his, is supporting his cause, and will probably be collateral damage here. I would watch how he's booked going forward. 

#4999 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:35 AM

Watched NXT because no World Series and Steelers/Dolphins....ummmmm. No.

Keith Lee. Holy shit. Big man looked like a luchador. 

Keith Lee is insane. Phenomenal athlete, and a great person/personality. Something is missing, and I can't tell what, that separates him from the upper tier people in NXT (Gargano, Ciampa, Cole, Balor, Dream, Belair, Io, SB). Whatever it is, it's keeping Roddy Strong back too, and that's a shame.

#5000 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,207 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:53 AM

He had a really, really good case and had pretty much all of social media on his side...until he brought up Jay. Then everything turned on him pretty quickly. That was incredibly dumb because nobody knows anything of what Jay's done to get to where he's been (other than be a REALLY good wrestler). 

Now he's RIGHT. That shirt is...holy crap. Just WOW. No way a black person even did QA on that. The fact that HHH and Vince were investigating this BEFORE the Jay tweet should tell you everything about this situation.

I feel bad for Cedric Alexander, who is a good friend of his, is supporting his cause, and will probably be collateral damage here. I would watch how he's booked going forward. 

Yeah 100%. I saw it and was like man...this is like Disney and that "song of the south" cartoon level bad. You know the one they buried and pretend doesn't exist, but we grew up at the right time and all remember it.

Yeah the email he screenshotted where they said HHH approved it with this change, and then when he asked him about it he was like what are you talking about? I didn't approve any changes, I thought it was good?

Making it this public though and drawing lines in the sand...that's just not gonna work with Vince. I hope people have grown and there's not a bunch of retaliation from this...but anytime you are dealing with rich people and egos....oy. That and attacking Jay, and there was a shot at Kofi and the New Day somewhere too. I get it man, you're pissed...you should be...but lashing out in anger isn't going to help. Gotta be better than them. Shouldn't have to be. But the world is screwed up.

• The Epic likes this
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners