#4961 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:55 PM

I had a feeling this was how it was leaning. Let guys move between shows to pop in and out. Maybe not full on feuds, but like spot matches and stuff. I've been in wait and see mode instead of figure it out mode though. I figure there's going to move some moves and counter moves between them and AEW for a while.

I think this was a way to combat people running out their contracts and going over there though. Can you imagine the jump start it'd have given their women's division if say Sasha and Alexa went over there? Putting Ronda and Nia on the Total Divas show puts them on TV without having to wrestle. I feel like they should be doing that with everyone out on leave or without a storyline. Fuck, make a show for the younger guys too.

I would be surprised if there is much flipping between shows.

FOX wants their own guys.

There could be flipping between RAW and NXT

I expect SD to be loaded up.  There are rumors that SD will be the A show.

@mikeghg

#4962 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, USA and FOX are not going to exchange talent, I'm sure. 

#4963 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

Watched the AEW show on DVR last night.  I thought it was pretty good, but IMO, not as good as NXT.  The advantage they have is JR and Schiavoni.

• DuffMan likes this
@mikeghg

#4964 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:03 PM

Pyro to start Smackdown!

#4965 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

Damn The Rock still has it!

#4966 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:47 PM

Erin Andrews messed up in her interview with Kofi

#4967 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:44 PM

Damn The Rock still has it!

Still the best mic skills in the biz. 

Event has a PPV feel to it. Interested to see how this goes when they are six weeks in and they have to tell stories and you don't have all the belts in the business in action and don't have celebrities and legends propping it up.   

@BSLMikeRandall

#4968 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:24 PM

Really good show.  It had a sports feel to it.  Lets see if they can maintain it

@mikeghg

#4969 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:27 AM

I liked the AEW show. But their thing is "we're not WWE". So they end their show revealing their version of Brock Lesnar. Ugh.

I will say that I like them putting win-loss records up with the names on the graphic. I've always thought that stats was the next step. High risk move hit/miss percentage. Kick out after a finisher percentage. Finisher success%. 

WWE responds two nights later by disrespecting Kofi with a squash, and introducing another MMA fighter to the fold. Ugh.

Interested to see if the "sport" feel sticks on Fox. When Tyson Fury jumps the barricade and is immediately stopped by 15 security guards, it suspends your disbelief for a bit which is what you want wrestling to do at times. Fury is a few eggs short of a dozen, so wouldn't be shocked that he'd cross the line there off-script. When Rob Gronkowski jumped the barricade and got in the ring, no one stopped him, so you know it's scripted.

I'd expect SD on Fox to do plenty of cross promotion. Ronda Rousey is acting on a show on Fox now, so I don't doubt she shows up for a couple shows. I'd expect to see Michael Strahan effect the outcome of a match in the next 4 months. Joe Buck on guest commentary for a match once. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4970 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:19 AM

Missed the end of SD.  I don't mind so much that Lesnar won but damn after all this time with Kofi being the champ to have him lose like that is f'd up.

WWE universe is pissed about the Rollins-Bray match last  night as well.

#4971 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,822 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:38 AM

They almost (but didn't) killed both their top face and their most interesting character in one match. It was incredibly stupid.

#4972 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,260 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

Missed the end of SD.  I don't mind so much that Lesnar won but damn after all this time with Kofi being the champ to have him lose like that is f'd up.

WWE universe is pissed about the Rollins-Bray match last  night as well.

Yep, feel the same. To go through all the trouble of such an important win, and then give him an honest to god decent sized run, then just SQUASH him like that is just why you want to root for another organization to come along and kick them in the teeth.

All of Hell in a Cell was stupid. What was accomplished by anything on this card? New women's tag champs? Ok, that was about due (they should actually change hands more often since there is only one title for both shows). New SD women's champ? Ok cool, same thing applies here, super happy for Bayley and a great run, but you gotta move them around to stir storylines.

That's it.

If survivor series isn't LIT with like 5 elimination matches, I'm gonna be so mad.

• DuffMan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#4973 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

I liked most of HIAC (Ali vs The Racist was very, very good!), but nothing...NOTHING...washed away the stink of that ending. 

Wow. That was seriously the best thing the WWE had going, and they ruined it. This is like if they brought up Velveteen Dream and pretty much made him Prince. You KNOW better. DO BETTER. 

I'm pretty damn mad. I was really rooting for Bray, and he's so damn good at this...and Creative just destroyed 6 months of his work in 20 minutes.

#4974 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

That said...

Ali is going to be a star pretty soon. The RKO escape (and the way he sold the ACTUAL RKO)...wow. That was insane. 

The Kabuki Warriors are pretty awesome as a tag team (new music, please!)

Sasha/Becky was fantastic. 

#4975 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,822 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

Loved the Great Kabuki green mist and the Becky Lynch/Sasha match was good.

I don't know about Ali, though. He's obviously very talented but could see WWE doing nothing with him.

#4976 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

Loved the Great Kabuki green mist and the Becky Lynch/Sasha match was good.

I don't know about Ali, though. He's obviously very talented but could see WWE doing nothing with him.

Absolutely, but given that they were fully intending to push him at WM, I gotta think that there's a "there" there.

THOUGH, that's the same thing that happened to Finn and we see where that left him. 

#4977 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,911 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:00 PM

Smack down and the “draft” is so cheesy after watching AEW.

“Draft rooms” lol. Cut to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman for a meaningless 30 seconds. Cut to the Fox NFL Sunday crew where they name some old wrestlers for a minute.

It’s really really bad.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4978 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:02 PM

Smack down and the “draft” is so cheesy after watching AEW.

“Draft rooms” lol. Cut to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman for a meaningless 30 seconds. Cut to the Fox NFL Sunday crew where they name some old wrestlers for a minute.

It’s really really bad.

Lets see were the production is a few weeks down the road.  I have been impressed by AEW, but the talent in the WWE is much

better.

AEW definitely has a WCW feel.  They even dusted off, Tully Blanchard.

@mikeghg

#4979 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,260 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

Lets see were the production is a few weeks down the road.  I have been impressed by AEW, but the talent in the WWE is much

better.

AEW definitely has a WCW feel.  They even dusted off, Tully Blanchard.

Gotta give them time. There's no reason to up overhead expenses that come with production value until they have more of a roster to be a direct threat with.

WWE was smart and went on a run of contract extensions this past year, Roman, Braun, Brock and his surprise 1 year deal, and a few others.

There are a couple coming up on the end of their deals that should be fair game for AEW, but only one really moves the needle for them, and he's been such a WWE company guy I don't know if he leaves. Rumor has it AEW has made a can't turn it down offer, and this guy is reportedly a shrewd businessman...so we'll see. (It's Randy Orton). The revival are both coming up, but WWE has a clause standard in their contracts that they can extend contracts equal to the amount of time missed for serious injuries...basically like time not on the active roster doesn't count against service time. They use it all the time and extend a couple months out here and there. Thats why not every contract ends in April with Wrestlemania being their fiscal year.

Sasha just signed a new deal, I'm sure everyone figured out with her push as soon as she returned. And I'm sure that was fear of losing her to AEW. She's a legit top talent here, but there she's a superstar with no rival, face of the company kinda thing.

Mandy Rose is coming up on the end of her deal though...dunno about the other ladies though, harder to find contract info for them, except Ronda who is through April 2021.

@JeremyMStrain

#4980 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

Gotta give them time. There's no reason to up overhead expenses that come with production value until they have more of a roster to be a direct threat with.

WWE was smart and went on a run of contract extensions this past year, Roman, Braun, Brock and his surprise 1 year deal, and a few others.

There are a couple coming up on the end of their deals that should be fair game for AEW, but only one really moves the needle for them, and he's been such a WWE company guy I don't know if he leaves. Rumor has it AEW has made a can't turn it down offer, and this guy is reportedly a shrewd businessman...so we'll see. (It's Randy Orton). The revival are both coming up, but WWE has a clause standard in their contracts that they can extend contracts equal to the amount of time missed for serious injuries...basically like time not on the active roster doesn't count against service time. They use it all the time and extend a couple months out here and there. Thats why not every contract ends in April with Wrestlemania being their fiscal year.

Sasha just signed a new deal, I'm sure everyone figured out with her push as soon as she returned. And I'm sure that was fear of losing her to AEW. She's a legit top talent here, but there she's a superstar with no rival, face of the company kinda thing.

Mandy Rose is coming up on the end of her deal though...dunno about the other ladies though, harder to find contract info for them, except Ronda who is through April 2021.

I was talking about SD production.  I think it will settle in.  They clearly were spoofing the NFL draft on Friday night.  I thought it was pretty funny.

The AEW looks legit right now.  The men's talent is not on a par with WWE but is good enough.  They are lacking, on the female division side.  The championship match two weeks ago, IMO was bad.   They will continue to sign talent the WWE is not using which will help them build.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners