#4921 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Her being his manager is good enough.  Shoot having Zayn be the mouthpiece for Nakamura is making the best use of both of their talents.

Yea, agree with both.

I do think Zayn eventually turns  on Nakamura though, or vice versa.

@mikeghg

#4922 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:23 AM

It looks like Bryan is transitioning back as a face.  I wonder if that is at the request of FOX or USA.

@mikeghg

#4923 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

It looks like Bryan is transitioning back as a face.  I wonder if that is at the request of FOX or USA.

Did they request he put on some muscle as well?  Missed when he was on SD last night but there's two screen shots of him from last night, looks like he's been hitting the gym.

#4924 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:11 PM

Someone (Shoemaker?) hinted at this being a specific ask from Fox. I can't argue with it. A face is desperately needed, and there isn't a better one.

#4925 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Moderators
  • 8,819 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:06 PM

Yea, agree with both.

I do think Zayn eventually turns on Nakamura though, or vice versa.

I dont think I've seen Zayn win a match outside of NXT. They have some work to do to make him a credible threat to Nak.

#4926 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:35 PM

I dont think I've seen Zayn win a match outside of NXT. They have some work to do to make him a credible threat to Nak.

Nah, they have done it with many others, latest example Eric Rowan.

@mikeghg

#4927 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

...I can't, either. I think he beat KO once. 

The problem is that he debuted, lost, and got injured THAT NIGHT. Just the worst possible luck.

#4928 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:09 AM

...I can't, either. I think he beat KO once. 

The problem is that he debuted, lost, and got injured THAT NIGHT. Just the worst possible luck.

Speaking of KO can he please be done with Shane?  On a related note, less Shane!

• Mike B likes this

#4929 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:13 AM

Speaking of KO can he please be done with Shane?  On a related note, less Shane!

I think they're going to end the storyline in tandem with the Fox move. I'd give it two more weeks of prominence, tops. 

• Mike B and DuffMan like this

#4930 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

Amen!

@mikeghg

#4931 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

I think they're going to end the storyline in tandem with the Fox move. I'd give it two more weeks of prominence, tops. 

I think you are right.  It also coincides with Bischoff taking over, so I am sure it is aimed at getting Shane off of TV, but Duff is right.  This has gone on, far too long.

@mikeghg

#4932 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

I think you are right.  It also coincides with Bischoff taking over, so I am sure it is aimed at getting Shane off of TV, but Duff is right.  This has gone on, far too long.

In fact...hot take...I think they open the show with that. Shane comes out, and Bischoff in some way unceremoniously evicts him, Three Minute Warning style.

It's a perfectly Bischoff thing to do and I think it's perfect for turning a corner.

• Mike B likes this

#4933 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,562 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:12 AM

In fact...hot take...I think they open the show with that. Shane comes out, and Bischoff in some way unceremoniously evicts him, Three Minute Warning style.

It's a perfectly Bischoff thing to do and I think it's perfect for turning a corner.

That would be a good way to transition.

@mikeghg

#4934 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:47 AM

John Morrison is back in WWE. 

That's awesome. 

#4935 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,204 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:04 PM

John Morrison is back in WWE. 

That's awesome. 

Looking forward to his match with Seth, after he was talking shit about him a few years ago. I don't think it was super malicious, seemed more playful than anything, but I'm sure there will be something.

That and Morrison had a really good relationship with Miz, wonder if anything will come of that.

@JeremyMStrain

#4936 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:28 PM

Looking forward to his match with Seth, after he was talking shit about him a few years ago. I don't think it was super malicious, seemed more playful than anything, but I'm sure there will be something.

That and Morrison had a really good relationship with Miz, wonder if anything will come of that.

CROSSFIT ON A POLE MATCH LET'S GOOOOO

#4937 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:51 AM

Jerry Lawler back on the announce crew for Raw?

#4938 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:52 AM

Jerry Lawler back on the announce crew for Raw?

And just in time for the ...erm...Raw ending. JFC.

The rest of the show was fantastic, and the new announce crew actually wasn't bad.

Dio is an old UNC football player. Pretty good, not spectacular.

(BTW, I asked a question on Cheap Heat for later this week. Let's see if it makes it in.)

#4939 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:45 AM

One other complaint, I know there are plenty of guys that don't get the push they deserve but damn my man  Cesaro is one step above jobber status at this point.  I don't ever expect him to hold the big belt but as a former tag team champ is it too much to see him with the IC or US belt?

#4940 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,204 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

One other complaint, I know there are plenty of guys that don't get the push they deserve but damn my man  Cesaro is one step above jobber status at this point.  I don't ever expect him to hold the big belt but as a former tag team champ is it too much to see him with the IC or US belt?

This is really the overall problem with the WWE and it's monopoly. At who's expense? They are finally committing to youth, and giving guys like Ricochet, Cedric Alexander, etc. pushes with these belts. Giving guys like that runs again just keeps doing the same ol, same ol. Even if they deserve it.

They have too much talent and not enough storylines. There's only so much they can fight over. The stupid 24/7 belt is a joke, like the hardcore belt was. Stop wasting that air time and add another tier of belts. I think this is why they had the TV title in WCW.

I had the same argument for the women when they got to the point they had 30 on the roster, you've got 4 tied up in title matches, another 4 tied up in tag title matches. What do you do with the other 22? Then you've got stretches where some of them can't get on TV for months because you only give the women 20% of the air time. One of my options when I was talking about how they needed more TV time and another show (which they might be doing now with NXT, depends on if they keep the same "minors" format) is you could have done an entire hour long show just for the women. Maybe split it, an hour for the women, an hour for light heavyweight? I dunno.

If not the other option is you let some go, cause you just can't keep them all, and AEW starts getting more and more with plenty of screen time to go around. Only a matter of time before they get a real great worker and give them time to shine and start cutting into your ratings.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners