• Please log in to reply
5036 replies to this topic

#4881 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,820 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:54 AM

Charlotte is not a good face. She's a female Orton.

#4882 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

Charlotte is not a good face. She's a female Orton.

Agreed, but the only female face they have left,that matters,  is Becky.  

@mikeghg

#4883 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,221 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:40 AM

The timing makes no sense.

I have to wonder if they are flipping Charlotte back to face.

Kinda screams that the next person they want in a title feud is going to be a face. But who? Bayley's entire persona is wired to be on the good side. That scrappy, never quit thing, even when she's trying to be a heel it's not going to be believable.

Dunno...but I feel like they are spinning their wheels in the womens division right now. You got the two titles and the tag belts and they have NO idea what to do with anyone not in a title picture. So much so that they've had the champs on both brands just so they can explain why they are booking these matches. Maybe it's time for some more titles so that they can have a reason to book more matches without the same 6 people?I dunno,

@JeremyMStrain

#4884 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

Agreed, but the only female face they have left,that matters,  is Becky.  

I think Alexa/Nikki has a lot of face potential. Alexa is a natural heel but she's just so stinkin cute.

#4885 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

I think Alexa/Nikki has a lot of face potential. Alexa is a natural heel but she's just so stinkin cute.

I don't think they have decided what side Alexa and Nikki are going to fall yet.

Sara Logan could get a push too.   She was in a dark match with Dana Brooks yesterday and it stunk, but that may have been because Brooks is awful

@mikeghg

#4886 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,820 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

I don't think they have decided what side Alexa and Nikki are going to fall yet.

Sara Logan could get a push too.   She was in a dark match with Dana Brooks yesterday and it stunk, but that may have been because Brooks is awful

Apparently Dana Brooke is a very hard worker, so she's got a long leash.  But she is bad.

I'd like to see Asuka get back up the card.  She's good.  Dang good.

#4887 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

Apparently Dana Brooke is a very hard worker, so she's got a long leash.  But she is bad.

I'd like to see Asuka get back up the card.  She's good.  Dang good.

I had forgotten about Asuka.  I think Vince may have too, which stinks, because she is good.

@mikeghg

#4888 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,221 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:35 AM

Yeah that's logical seeing the current booking. Like you said Alexa is just so much of a natural heel it doesn't make sense to flip her unless you have a good storyline for it. NOW, say you could do it in a passive aggressive way, but the pieces don't really line up. With Braun and Seth fighting for the belt, and Seth recently engaged to Becks, you could have Becky interfere and then Alexa, being Braun's former mixed partner come down and even the odds to make it fair. But that only really works if Seth/Becks are heels, having it a face/face match doesn't really work.

Aside from that Alexa comes off too self serving to be believed as a face. I thought maybe Ronda coming back, but I think they really want that Ronda/Becky feud so I don't know if it makes sense to bring her back as a face, cause no one will cheer Ronda over Becky. More than likely Shayna moves up when Ronda comes back and gives her that backup to fight with anyone.

I just don't see what they do. Asuka/Kairi both could do well there, but I don't think they split them for this, especially with Paige managing them. Can't bring up a newbie and throw them right into a title picture. And Sasha is clearly also going heel, so can't bring her back to fight with Bay now...I'm just not sure they know where they are going with things right now.

@JeremyMStrain

#4889 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:59 AM

I'm trying to think of who they could send up to be a legit face right away, but the only one that really comes to mind is Toni Storm. Nobody else is ready besides Rhea Ripley and Shayna, who will both be pretty strong heels once they debut. 

Io, maybe? But they just turned HER heel.

#4890 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,221 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:16 AM

I'm trying to think of who they could send up to be a legit face right away, but the only one that really comes to mind is Toni Storm. Nobody else is ready besides Rhea Ripley and Shayna, who will both be pretty strong heels once they debut. 

Io, maybe? But they just turned HER heel.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but having Bay and Sasha team up still KINDA looks like Sasha could win the title from Becky, and then both of them hold belts while defending against another duo maybe? Or Asuka and Kairi each get shots?

I don't know what they are doing, and for the record why the hell isn't there a QUEEN of the ring tourney going on right now?

@JeremyMStrain

#4891 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but having Bay and Sasha team up still KINDA looks like Sasha could win the title from Becky, and then both of them hold belts while defending against another duo maybe? Or Asuka and Kairi each get shots?

I don't know what they are doing, and for the record why the hell isn't there a QUEEN of the ring tourney going on right now?

To be honest, if there was a QOTR (which there totally should be), I'd be 100% in on making the quarterfinals forward a PPV with -all- participants. That's 7 matches. With video packages and everything, you could easily make that 3 hours. 

Make the first round a mix of mostly WWE people, but throw 2 or 3 NXT people in there and make sure at least two advance to the PPV. Obviously Toni, Rhea, Shayna and Io should all be considered.

Also Charlotte should at least be in the final because Queen. I mean, come on.

#4892 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,221 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:43 AM

To be honest, if there was a QOTR (which there totally should be), I'd be 100% in on making the quarterfinals forward a PPV with -all- participants. That's 7 matches. With video packages and everything, you could easily make that 3 hours. 

Make the first round a mix of mostly WWE people, but throw 2 or 3 NXT people in there and make sure at least two advance to the PPV. Obviously Toni, Rhea, Shayna and Io should all be considered.

Also Charlotte should at least be in the final because Queen. I mean, come on.

Right? It just struck me as odd after all the work they put into it last year. And I read that Vince was hesitant to do another all female PPV cause he thinks it won't draw without Rousey on the card. He really underestimates us as fans.

Id even go as far as say, do that, then add quicker title matches and you've got a full PPV right there.

That and if I don't get at least one full on, women's elimination style Survivor Series match, Ima be so angry.

@JeremyMStrain

#4893 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:54 AM

That and if I don't get at least one full on, women's elimination style Survivor Series match, Ima be so angry.

This is 100% going to happen. Like, I'd be right there with you losing my shit if it DOESN'T happen.

#4894 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Right? It just struck me as odd after all the work they put into it last year. And I read that Vince was hesitant to do another all female PPV cause he thinks it won't draw without Rousey on the card. He really underestimates us as fans.

Id even go as far as say, do that, then add quicker title matches and you've got a full PPV right there.

I think it is going to happen and there should not be any hesitation.

@mikeghg

#4895 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

This is pretty cool

https://www.youtube....&has_verified=1

Gears 5 is coming out this weekend and Batista will be available as a downloadable character following Clash of Champions.  Batista has long wanted to star in a Gears movie, he even looks alot like Marcus Fenix. I'm not sure we ever see that movie or not (still hoping we do) but this is a cool consolation prize.

#4896 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:05 PM

Austin showed up to a huge pop last night. The 4 horsewomen put on a show in their tag match.

#4897 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Austin showed up to a huge pop last night. The 4 horsewomen put on a show in their tag match.

Austin really seemed to be enjoying himself.

I am assuming,Austin and Taker are being used to build ratings goi9ng in to the new TV allignments

@mikeghg

#4898 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

I expect Renee Young to make the switch to SD when it goes to Fox, which might set her up to transition to FS1 as a sports anchor.

• The Epic likes this
@mikeghg

#4899 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,820 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

Austin really seemed to be enjoying himself.

I am assuming,Austin and Taker are being used to build ratings goi9ng in to the new TV allignments

It was to sell tickets to MSG.

#4900 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:48 PM

It was to sell tickets to MSG.

Yep, no doubt, but I think they are trying to gain momentum.

I thought Raw was good on Monday.  SD was kind of meh, yesterday.

@mikeghg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners