4865 replies to this topic

#4861 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,118 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:16 PM

This legit might kill the network. I DOUBT it, but this is a -bold- move. 

It's like what we were talking about last year when I said they needed another show to be able to get all the talent air time and belts to fight for.

The problem is that doesn't change anything if they keep the current format, just exposes more of the "minors" to the mainstream. Unless they are ready to make the developmental program even lower before NXT, and turn NXT into another show and mix talent up.

I ultimately think you're right, NXT isn't broke, so don't fix it. Still feel like this is a move aimed at not losing talent to AEW when contracts expire. For whatever they show, even if they aren't a threat yet, they see potential down the line.

@JeremyMStrain

#4862 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted Yesterday, 02:01 PM

NXT coming to USA

The WWE with another nut kick.  This time delivered to AEW.

@mikeghg

#4863 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted Yesterday, 02:03 PM

Murphy.Bryan last night was real good.  Murphy is talented.

@mikeghg

#4864 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,118 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted Yesterday, 02:09 PM

Murphy.Bryan last night was real good.  Murphy is talented.

I love that guys like Cedric, Murphy, Riccochet etc. are all getting big pushes right now, but it does make me wonder if they are going to expand this stuff to NXT now. Maybe bring back the Lightweight title. They've got 205, but these guys are ready for prime time and deserve more air time.

Kudos to Bryan for really putting guys over. He's like the ultimate company guy right now.

@JeremyMStrain

#4865 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 PM

I love that guys like Cedric, Murphy, Riccochet etc. are all getting big pushes right now, but it does make me wonder if they are going to expand this stuff to NXT now. Maybe bring back the Lightweight title. They've got 205, but these guys are ready for prime time and deserve more air time.

Kudos to Bryan for really putting guys over. He's like the ultimate company guy right now.

Agreed.

As for your last point, it seems like DB has assumed the Cena role.  At the end, Cena, was putting guys over.

@mikeghg

#4866 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Today, 10:20 AM

I think moving 205 to NXT seems like the proper move but I don't think they'll do that. But it works on so many levels. 

From the title run to now, this is DB's best WWE stretch. This is better than the Yes movement IMO because it ended with Kane and the injuries.

It's crazy that guys like Murphy, Andrade and Ali were literally one decision from being completely forgotten about, and now they're here. The industry is a weird one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners