#4821 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

Bray makes his return!  And they feed him Balor, come on man!

#4822 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:43 AM

Bray makes his return!  And they feed him Balor, come on man!

Baylor taking time off, so that may have been the reason.

@mikeghg

#4823 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

I thought the PPV was good, and last nights show was pretty good.

Hate the idea of drop in Lesnar having the belt again, but knew he was getting it when, he won the brief case.

@mikeghg

#4824 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

KO was magic again last night on the mic.  I wish they would get Shane the hell out of the story lines, but since that is not going to happen, KO is going to make it work.

Miz and KO are the best they have on the mic.

@mikeghg

#4825 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

Tomorrow's Raw, should be interesting.  A lot of the legends returning.

@mikeghg

#4826 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:29 PM

Raw was entertaining last night.

The show started with Cena, and ended with Stone Cold.  Both did their thing.

Flair, Hogan, Million Dollar Man, Alandra Blaze, Kelly Kelly and others were there.

@mikeghg

#4827 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,118 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Raw was entertaining last night.

The show started with Cena, and ended with Stone Cold.  Both did their thing.

Flair, Hogan, Million Dollar Man, Alandra Blaze, Kelly Kelly and others were there.

They nailed the 24/7 title pretty well, and I'm glad they did the whole Hardcore Title-style runaround with the title throughout the show.

#4828 Russ

Russ

• Moderators
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:59 PM

How do you have the old guys come out and bury main roster guys like DX did to OC?

#4829 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

How do you have the old guys come out and bury main roster guys like DX did to OC?

I kind of thought it was funny.

It was a way to get DX out there.  I also wonder if it is setting something up with Michaels and AJ.

AJ  has been asking HBK to do a match for a couple of years.   AJ's yelling last night was directed directly to HBK.  Probably not going to happen, but Sean did get in the wring as a tag with HHH, last year, so maybe

@mikeghg

#4830 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,264 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

I took all of it as a nostalgia show. They had some kinda veteran in with every match and promo all night. That specific one was here's the new iconic stable, but these were the originals. It was all kind of a one off thing to tie in the old era with the new, nothing but a gimmick show basically. Not a bad time for it since it's space filler before Summerslam and if you have too many people having run ins with their SS opponents already it's going to get old and tired by the time SS hits.

I think there should be a couple "grudge" match type feuds where every week something new is happening and things are escalating, but I think there should be a few that are just scheduled matches, maybe a little trash talk, but having every single match have this side jumps this side, then this side gets payback and jumps that side, then they have this supposedly INTENSE feud which lasts one match and then its over. It's all kinda stale.

I feel like back in the 80's and 90's there would be some matches they just made almost out of the blue for PPV cause it looked like a good match. Oh Shawn Michaels is the IC champ and needs an opponent? These two guys have been feuding for a month or so, how about the winner on Raw gets the IC match next week, no run ins, no triple threats, just whoever is the #1 contender is the only one with a title shot.

@JeremyMStrain

#4831 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:31 PM

Baylor taking time off, so that may have been the reason.

Is he still taking time off, because now he's facing Bray at Summer Slam. This one sucks, Bray 2.0 is great and obviously needs to win his first match back but does it have to come at Finn's expense ( not that he's been getting pushed)? And will this just be Finn or do we get Demon Finn (who's never lost).

#4832 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,264 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:36 PM

Is he still taking time off, because now he's facing Bray at Summer Slam. This one sucks, Bray 2.0 is great and obviously needs to win his first match back but does it have to come at Finn's expense ( not that he's been getting pushed)? And will this just be Finn or do we get Demon Finn (who's never lost).

Feels like just him, and then they keep battling and set up for a Demon vs Demon match at a later pay per view. I figured it was either going to be that, or he takes some extended time off, and comes back to join the OC on Raw.

@JeremyMStrain

#4833 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:38 PM

Feels like just him, and then they keep battling and set up for a Demon vs Demon match at a later pay per view. I figured it was either going to be that, or he takes some extended time off, and comes back to join the OC on Raw.

Finn should have his own faction not be a part of someone else's.

#4834 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,264 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

Finn should have his own faction not be a part of someone else's.

SHOULD, but they've misused him from the start, and they need someplace to stick him. If they aren't going to put him in the world title hunt, and i doubt they do, they need something to stick him in. It would make the OC much more dangerous.

@JeremyMStrain

#4835 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:41 AM

SHOULD, but they've misused him from the start, and they need someplace to stick him. If they aren't going to put him in the world title hunt, and i doubt they do, they need something to stick him in. It would make the OC much more dangerous.

Balor is supposedly taking time off, after SS.  That keeps him out of story lines, but he has been misused.

@mikeghg

#4836 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

Goldberg and Ziggler at SS.

That will be short

@mikeghg

#4837 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:06 PM

Looks like Bryan and Reigns too.

That is a fresh match

@mikeghg

#4838 SunspotRob

SunspotRob
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

I don't like Kevin Owens as a face. He's one of those guys that should always be a heel. Like Somoa Joe.

#4839 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,818 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

As good as KO is on the mic, he is gold as either way.

I do agree he is a natural heel though

@mikeghg

#4840 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,118 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:08 AM

A great show. Pretty much top to bottom.

Bray Wyatt though. Holy shit. They struck gold here.

Outside of Nakamura's Lee England entrance, that's the best entrance I've seen on the main roster since...man...Miz's "Hate Me Now" entrance? Gotta be something better since then, but nothing's coming up. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners