#4801 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

Are these on screen character roles or backstage, writing, supervisory roles?

Back stage, supposedly with creative control

Still reporting to Vince though.

@mikeghg

#4802 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

Word is behind the scenes supervisory. They want two distinct personalities for each show, and Vince is supposed to back off to have more to do with XFL in launch year.

They are trying to use the model with Trips and NXT, that is his baby, he did it with almost no meddling and it's the diamond right now, so they are thinking let Heyman do his style (ECW without all the hardcore), and Eric do his (WCW without all the gimmicks) and see what happens.

I also think USA and Fox have been on them about story lines and ratings.  Rumor has it, that Vince may slow down some too.

Evidently HHH could have had SD, but did not want to split time between NXT and SD.

If Vince leaves it alone, this could work.

@mikeghg

#4803 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,654 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

I also think USA and Fox have been on them about story lines and ratings.  Rumor has it, that Vince may slow down some too.

Evidently HHH could have had SD, but did not want to split time between NXT and SD.

If Vince leaves it alone, this could work.

Yeah I believe that. EVERYONE has had issues with their creative process recently. I've said it for years. You can't be your best if you are competing against yourself.

I had a feeling it might have something to do with him having young kids at home too, his are about the same age as mine, and I imagine if he was in a role where he had to be on the road every week that'd eat him up. That and like you said, he's already running NXT and killing it there.

@JeremyMStrain

#4804 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

Yeah I believe that. EVERYONE has had issues with their creative process recently. I've said it for years. You can't be your best if you are competing against yourself.

I had a feeling it might have something to do with him having young kids at home too, his are about the same age as mine, and I imagine if he was in a role where he had to be on the road every week that'd eat him up. That and like you said, he's already running NXT and killing it there.

Yea, I am sure that is part of it.

Stephanie has commented that she is working a reduced schedule to be home more for their girls.

@mikeghg

#4805 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,654 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

Yea, I am sure that is part of it.

Stephanie has commented that she is working a reduced schedule to be home more for their girls.

Makes complete sense. She grew up with that kind of schedule at home with Vince, I'm sure that shaped the way she does things one way or the other completely. I've heard before that ALL of them (Vince and Linda included) really changed things once the grandbabies got there though. Remember they went through that period where we never saw one of them on screen after them being fixtures for so long?

Completely respect that.

I've wondered for years when this generation is up, does it become just a hand me down to Shane? Is it split between the two? Do things get done even more different than that? More collaborative maybe? I've been itching to see what their take on how things are done. I know with Vince's dad, he ran the show, and then Vince was groomed and ran the show, but this generation has been doing it from jump their whole lives. I can't see that one guy takes the whole thing working anymore.

@JeremyMStrain

#4806 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

I've wondered for years when this generation is up, does it become just a hand me down to Shane? Is it split between the two? Do things get done even more different than that? More collaborative maybe? I've been itching to see what their take on how things are done. I know with Vince's dad, he ran the show, and then Vince was groomed and ran the show, but this generation has been doing it from jump their whole lives. I can't see that one guy takes the whole thing working anymore.

I think Shane takes over entirely. And I think that's why he came back.

#4807 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,654 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:41 PM

Very possible, and complete honesty, I think if that happens, Trips and Steph start their own company, not a work. I just smell better drama coming from their real life stuff than on screen stuff.

@JeremyMStrain

#4808 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:13 AM

I think Vince has set the company in sections for each to run.  I do think Shane runs the day to day main roster operations though.

Don't be surprised if Stephanie runs the corporation.

@mikeghg

#4809 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

Watched the AEW show and thought it was okay but not great.

The 6 man tag was good, and the end of the Cody Rhodes-Allin match was good, but the match as a whole, not that much.  Dillinger smashing Rhodes in the head, seemed over the top.  Rhodes has to get his hands up there.

Moxley(Ambrose) vs. Janela, in an unsanctioned hard core match was very scripted, but Omega attacking Moxley at the end had some heat.

Not a great show.  AEW has some work to do.

@mikeghg

#4810 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:51 PM

Holy shit I think WWE got a fire lit under them. This is the best Raw they've had in AGES.

#4811 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,150 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

Holy shit I think WWE got a fire lit under them. This is the best Raw they've had in AGES.

Even Graves said “Holy Shit” on air during the first match.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4812 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:40 AM

The first segment had Heyman all over it.

Real good show.

@mikeghg

#4813 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

KO with a topnotch promo last night.

#4814 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:17 PM

KO with a topnotch promo last night.

It was great and a hell of a lot of truth to his rant.

KO and Miz are the best on the Mic.

@mikeghg

#4815 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

I think they want KO to evolve into a Stone Cold role, right down to the Stone Cold Stunner.

@mikeghg

#4816 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:40 AM

I know Bischoff hasn't officially signed on yet but I feel like he requested this because it's really sudden and REALLY 90s.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#4817 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

Yea, I think you are seeing the hand prints of Heyman and Bishoff already.

@mikeghg

#4818 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

I think there will be some wrestlers who are after thoughts right now, that will get a boost when Heyman and EB take over.

@mikeghg

#4819 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

If you get the chance, check out the first 25 minutes of The Big Picture ( a podcast on the Ringer).   Shoemaker comes on they talk about the acting careers of various WWE guys.  It's a good listen.

#4820 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,314 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

The Evolve show was interesting yesterday.  It certainly felt like an audition for some of the participants.  Cole, Riddle, Gulak and Gargano all played a role and Heyman returned to Philly and cut one of his excellent spots.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners