#4781 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

I feel like the Kofi/Ali match eventually has to happen before he loses the title. But that's just me.

I want them to keep the belt on Kofi until at least SS.   I have seen Kofi interact with fans, and been able to talk to him one time and from what I have seen he is a genuine good guy.  I like to see that rewarded.

@mikeghg

#4782 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:25 PM

I think Ali will eventually be...maybe not the face of the company, but the Miz-like "I'm going to participate in everything that you throw at me" guy. He's an amazing guy with an amazing backstory...and he just speaks so passionately about -everything-. It's nice to see.

#4783 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

I think Ali will eventually be...maybe not the face of the company, but the Miz-like "I'm going to participate in everything that you throw at me" guy. He's an amazing guy with an amazing backstory...and he just speaks so passionately about -everything-. It's nice to see.

He is really talented, but like Kofi and others, he has one issue.  Vince will always take the average big guy over the very good smaller wrestler.

• Russ and The Epic like this
@mikeghg

#4784 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:46 PM

Super Showdown was bad.

Two decent matches in the whole thing

@mikeghg

#4785 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,646 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:26 PM

http://www.ladbible....-match-20190613
@BSLRobShields

#4786 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

Good PPV tonight.

They redeemed themselves after a terrible Saudi show.

Cool ending in the main event.

Mixed tag team coming.....

really not a bad match tonight.

@mikeghg

#4787 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Moderators
  • 8,763 posts
  • LocationNaughtyham

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:34 AM

It was a good show.

I've been thinking about why WWE just isn't clicking with me lately. They're great in ring. I just don't care about any of them. They can wrestle but they can't build characters anymore. Hopefully that will change soon.

#4788 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:54 AM

It was a good show.

I've been thinking about why WWE just isn't clicking with me lately. They're great in ring. I just don't care about any of them. They can wrestle but they can't build characters anymore. Hopefully that will change soon.

I think your feeling is shared by others.

I really think part of the problem, is they do not stay the course and build on the character.

They have some that could develop as fan favorites.

Ricochet, Becky, Rollins and others could get there.

There is one that is there if they let it happen.  Daniel Bryan clearly loves being a heal, but the fans want him to be a face.  His home crowd last night was almost demanding it.,

@mikeghg

#4789 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:29 AM

Something I would love to see done, let the two main belts change hands on a Smackdown or Raw.   I know PPV's are the blowoff to feuds and when the belts change hands, but just putting in a little unpredictability could be great.  I'm not saying do this all the time, but once or twice a year  for each belt could really help out.

#4790 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:39 AM

I...I think Rollins is trying to single-handedly make the WWE matter again.

It looks like he's having a little success, too.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#4791 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

I...I think Rollins is trying to single-handedly make the WWE matter again.

It looks like he's having a little success, too.

Agreed, I actually liked the angle with him and Becky together.

They have others, who certainly could excite the fans, but they are too busy getting Shane on TV 45 minutes a show.

@mikeghg

#4792 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:33 AM

Agreed, I actually liked the angle with him and Becky together.

They have others, who certainly could excite the fans, but they are too busy getting Shane on TV 45 minutes a show.

Shane should be elevating Drew and Elias not the other way around.

Apparently Bray's friends were at Raw and SD this week. Does that mean he finally returns soon?

#4793 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:59 AM

Shane should be elevating Drew and Elias not the other way around.

Apparently Bray's friends were at Raw and SD this week. Does that mean he finally returns soon?

Agreed.  Drew could be the main heel on Raw, but instead they have him caddying for Shane.

I wonder if the plan is to turn Drew face.

@mikeghg

#4794 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:57 AM

Very solid Masked Man pod this week with Bryan Diperstein.

Doubt it will happen, but I love their idea of Taker's return being used to put Bray over.  That would really legitimize Bray 2.0!

#4795 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

Masked Man and Cheap Heat were both great.

Serious Dip as a member of the podcast was pretty friggin' special. His jokes get a little stale, but playing it straight was pretty awesome. I hope he does it more.

#4796 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,662 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:08 AM

Vince shaking things up.

Paul Heyman will be Executive Director of Raw

Eric Bishoff will have the same role on Smackdown beginning in October when the show moves to Fox.

@mikeghg

#4797 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,032 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

Vince shaking things up.

Paul Heyman will be Executive Director of Raw

Eric Bishoff will have the same role on Smackdown beginning in October when the show moves to Fox.

Are these on screen character roles or backstage, writing, supervisory roles?
@BSLMikeRandall

#4798 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,090 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

Are these on screen character roles or backstage, writing, supervisory roles?

Word is behind the scenes supervisory. They want two distinct personalities for each show, and Vince is supposed to back off to have more to do with XFL in launch year.

They are trying to use the model with Trips and NXT, that is his baby, he did it with almost no meddling and it's the diamond right now, so they are thinking let Heyman do his style (ECW without all the hardcore), and Eric do his (WCW without all the gimmicks) and see what happens.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#4799 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

Word is behind the scenes supervisory. They want two distinct personalities for each show, and Vince is supposed to back off to have more to do with XFL in launch year.

They are trying to use the model with Trips and NXT, that is his baby, he did it with almost no meddling and it's the diamond right now, so they are thinking let Heyman do his style (ECW without all the hardcore), and Eric do his (WCW without all the gimmicks) and see what happens.

If they actually stick with it, I think that it could solve all of their problems. Like, -all- of them.

• DuffMan likes this

#4800 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 11,090 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:04 AM

If they actually stick with it, I think that it could solve all of their problems. Like, -all- of them.

Yeah it didn't point to anything in writing, and stuff from people on the inside, but seemed that Vince took Ambrose's comments to heart, and realizes that the way they've been doing things and their storytelling is awful. Maybe it's just concern that there's an upstart out there doing all the right things so far. Maybe it's just too many irons in the fire and needing to separate out some stuff. Maybe it's just info like that getting publicly out there. Whatever it is, it seems like he's open to some change.

One of the questions asked though was that it was curious that Trips didn't get one of the big shows to run, but did remark that NXT is really already his show with his stamp, so maybe they are viewing it was a 3 show company already and didn't want to mess with that.

• The Epic likes this
@JeremyMStrain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners