#4461 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:57 AM

Big E is really leaning into the race thing. Check out his last video on twitter.

#4462 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,865 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

Big E is really leaning into the race thing. Check out his last video on twitter.

Wheeeeeew yeah he did. Man, is their contract almost up? Cause that was a shot across the bow if I've ever seen one. He's 110% right though. At what point do you realize 250 day grinds and sacrifices aren't worth it if your elevator only goes to the 5th floor. It's crazy enough to expect that from the ones that get to go to the penthouse.

I know some people will counter with. Well the ROCK...yeeeeeeah, but let's be real, it's just as likely that he got where he did because he was SUCH a rare talent, as it is of who his father and grandfather were. Vince has been loyal to that whole family over the years. Cousins, brothers, sisters, they've always got a spot. I don't think that one really falls under the race card.

@JeremyMStrain

#4463 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:43 AM

Wheeeeeew yeah he did. Man, is their contract almost up? Cause that was a shot across the bow if I've ever seen one. He's 110% right though. At what point do you realize 250 day grinds and sacrifices aren't worth it if your elevator only goes to the 5th floor. It's crazy enough to expect that from the ones that get to go to the penthouse.

I know some people will counter with. Well the ROCK...yeeeeeeah, but let's be real, it's just as likely that he got where he did because he was SUCH a rare talent, as it is of who his father and grandfather were. Vince has been loyal to that whole family over the years. Cousins, brothers, sisters, they've always got a spot. I don't think that one really falls under the race card.

To be fair, this is a work; they're not going anywhere. We know how this ends (or how it SHOULD end). 

But all of the good storylines have massive truths in there, and this is no exception. If you ever look at the HHH/Booker promos, the parallels are pretty clear. They're the fun ones that make the crowd laugh. You can be champs, sure...just not THE champ. 

I, personally, think that this is going a little too far. Especially for a match that isn't going to headline WM. But they're making me feel, and I'm invested. So I guess that's all you can ask for.

#4464 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:51 AM

Didn't see the Twitter from Big E, but clearly they are following the same story line, that Bryan did years ago.

Look for the Occupied Smack Down next week.

I expect Kofi beats Bryan at Mania.

@mikeghg

#4465 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

Didn't see the Twitter from Big E, but clearly they are following the same story line, that Bryan did years ago.

In short, Big E was teasing leaving the WWE because black people have a glass ceiling. 

#4466 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

In short, Big E was teasing leaving the WWE because black people have a glass ceiling. 

Sadly, I think that has been true, but I think the tease is part of the story line.

I think Kofi, gets the belt at Mania.

@mikeghg

#4467 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

Tony Neis and Cedric put on one hell of a match last night on 205.  Terrific stuff.

I think Cedric is the next to go to the main roster.  They have done all they can do with him on 205.

Besides that, he is clearly over 205.

Not as much as Murphy but over 205.

Neil and Murphy at Mania.  The pre-show no doubt.

@mikeghg

#4468 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,865 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

To be fair, this is a work; they're not going anywhere. We know how this ends (or how it SHOULD end). 

But all of the good storylines have massive truths in there, and this is no exception. If you ever look at the HHH/Booker promos, the parallels are pretty clear. They're the fun ones that make the crowd laugh. You can be champs, sure...just not THE champ. 

I, personally, think that this is going a little too far. Especially for a match that isn't going to headline WM. But they're making me feel, and I'm invested. So I guess that's all you can ask for.

If it is, and they are getting better at blurring real/fake then good on them...in a way. Doesn't really make it less true though.

I like where it's headed, but part of me is scared that they'll do all this and then swerve and be like HAH, you thought we'd actually give him the belt. I feel like they played this out a little bit in that Jeff Hardy/Undertaker storyline back in like 2000. Just you know without the racial undertones.

@JeremyMStrain

#4469 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,865 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

I may be giving them credit, but it could be a bigger storyline where HHH gets offended by that and gives Kofi the match, and then Vince gets mad at trips and starts a war with him. Being behind NXT and a lot of the younger stars, and most people knowing that it could lead to the old vs new, kind of a different take on WCW vs WWE, and give a good way to really introduce and put over the new wave.

Probably just overthinking...but would be an interesting view that also gets us the Kofi match without him being constantly chased down by Vince.

@JeremyMStrain

#4470 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:14 PM

I may be giving them credit, but it could be a bigger storyline where HHH gets offended by that and gives Kofi the match, and then Vince gets mad at trips and starts a war with him. Being behind NXT and a lot of the younger stars, and most people knowing that it could lead to the old vs new, kind of a different take on WCW vs WWE, and give a good way to really introduce and put over the new wave.

Probably just overthinking...but would be an interesting view that also gets us the Kofi match without him being constantly chased down by Vince.

I agree that "how Kofi gets the match" is going to lead to its own storyline, independent from "Kofi wins the title." It can't be Shane, so it pretty much has to have HHH involved somehow. 

I think that the backstage gathering that was supporting Kofi is going to lead to some sort of walkout next week. Kinda reminding me of the "unsafe work environment" angle that led the first 30 minutes of Raw back in the day, with Cena/Punk/HHH. That was -really- cool.

#4471 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,865 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

I agree that "how Kofi gets the match" is going to lead to its own storyline, independent from "Kofi wins the title." It can't be Shane, so it pretty much has to have HHH involved somehow. 

I think that the backstage gathering that was supporting Kofi is going to lead to some sort of walkout next week. Kinda reminding me of the "unsafe work environment" angle that led the first 30 minutes of Raw back in the day, with Cena/Punk/HHH. That was -really- cool.

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking too. Steph is off in her own mess with the women's division and Ronda, and it wouldn't make any sense for her to jump in this.

HHH has his Batista thing right now, but even that planted seeds of HHH v Vince. With all these young guys coming up right now, except for poor Ciampa, it could be a better done version of the Nexius storyline. Vince and his company guys and proven winners against HHH and his hungry youth trying to prove themselves. I guess if you look back recently there are kinda seeds for it all over. Vince stepping up to AJ and trying to get his ruthless side out. This meddling on behalf of Bryan. Makes you double take.

@JeremyMStrain

#4472 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

Interesting, I was thinking it was going to be a fan take over, like the one Bryan led.

There could be a number of swerves, but it is good Kofi is getting this push.  It is long over due and Kofi is a good guy. He is always one of the most friendly people at the Access settings.  

Interesting, now he will probably be part of the VIP talent and his Access settings will be ones that the fans have to pay extra for.

@mikeghg

#4473 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:42 PM

The other thing that is interesting, is how long they will let this Daniel Bryan heel turn go on.

His merch sales are down, so eventually they will flip him back.

@mikeghg

#4474 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:25 PM

Interesting, I was thinking it was going to be a fan take over, like the one Bryan led.

There could be a number of swerves, but it is good Kofi is getting this push.  It is long over due and Kofi is a good guy. He is always one of the most friendly people at the Access settings.  

Interesting, now he will probably be part of the VIP talent and his Access settings will be ones that the fans have to pay extra for.

I feel like if they do a fan takeover, the Kofi/DB parallels will just be too much. Like, they gotta do something different somewhere down the line. I mean, Becky/Ronda has real Stone Cold parallels, but they're not having her drive a beer truck down the ramp, know what I mean?

One random thing to add: I think we're seeing Daniel Bryan's best work right now. And that's pretty crazy.

#4475 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

The other thing that is interesting, is how long they will let this Daniel Bryan heel turn go on.

His merch sales are down, so eventually they will flip him back.

He's -so- good at this, though. Like, insanely good. And of course his merch will be down, because now he really shouldn't have merch. 

I hope they're paying him accordingly, now that he looks like he's good to work full-time for the foreseeable future. 

• Mike B likes this

#4476 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

He's -so- good at this, though. Like, insanely good. And of course his merch will be down, because now he really shouldn't have merch. 

I hope they're paying him accordingly, now that he looks like he's good to work full-time for the foreseeable future. 

They always follow their wallets though.

Your right, he is great at it.

He is one of the better mic guys as a heel.

Speaking of Mic skills.  Miz did it again last night.   A great promo.  

@mikeghg

#4477 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,865 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:28 PM

I feel like if they do a fan takeover, the Kofi/DB parallels will just be too much. Like, they gotta do something different somewhere down the line. I mean, Becky/Ronda has real Stone Cold parallels, but they're not having her drive a beer truck down the ramp, know what I mean?

One random thing to add: I think we're seeing Daniel Bryan's best work right now. And that's pretty crazy.

Nope, of course not! She will drive a truck of Spiked Seltzer. Duh.

@JeremyMStrain

#4478 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

The WWE may be re-thinking the Angle-Corbin match.  

They said they were surprised over the back lash.

From a source: Angle vs Corbin is being “reconsidered”. WWE did not expect this type of negative reaction, and thus, they don’t want such a negative feel to Kurt’s final contest.

This kind of says it all.

No offense, but? HBK's last match = Undertaker Stone Cold's last match = The Rock Ric Flair's last match = Shawn Michaels Kurt Angle's last match = ....Baron....Corbin..

@mikeghg

#4479 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Moderators
  • 8,718 posts
  • LocationThe BQ

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:59 PM

He's just a sexy Kurt
He'll make your ankle hurt
  • The Epic likes this

#4480 The Epic