#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

http://baltimorespor...-mesh-trestman/

There are five FAs on the Ravens offense. Which ones are fits in Trestman's west coast scheme (which will mirror Kubiak's scheme according to Trestman) that should be retained moving forward? 

Plus what it might take to retain said players.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

I still think the a Ravens will find a way to keep Smith. I think bringing back Daniels would also be a good idea until they know about Pitta.

I don't think the Ravens should pay Forsett big money or be locked in with him. If he'd settle for a reasonable two year deal perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised to see Justin follow Kubiak to Denver.....I know I would if I were him.

As for Taylor and Reid they are both goners for sure and I wouldn't be surprised if they are both done as NFL players.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#3 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

Daniels is the first guy I thought of.   Bennett caught 90 balls in Trestman's system last year, and I think the TE will be an important position.

I think the development of Gillmore will be interesting as well.

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

Daniels is the first guy I thought of.   Bennett caught 90 balls in Trestman's system last year, and I think the TE will be an important position.

I think the development of Gillmore will be interesting as well.

Be interesting to see if they view that as a position of need in the draft, or if they tap the free agency market. I think they have plenty of money wrapped up in Pitta that the FAs like Julius Thomas, Jermichael Finley, Jermaine Gresham, Jordan Cameron are off the board.

They likely view Pitta as the number one, but think they could do better at number two, and give Gillmore competition for that spot. Maybe they could forego Daniels in search of a younger "project" guy like Fred Davis. Change of scenery, the year off he had, and you know, not playing in the worst organization of the NFL might help a guy like Davis. Same kind of deal as Daniels just had. Veteran minimum with no guaranteed money. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners