#1 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,861 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ok, I know we are trying not to cross the streams with us and OH but, as I said in another thread, Tony is offering people a chance to come back for the month of June.

Six days in and RShack gets booted again. I literally laughed out loud at my desk when I saw that*

*Note this post is not intended to be a shot/dig at Tony or RShack, I just found the situation as a whole amusing.

http://forum.orioles... ... ost2784494
  • SammyBirdland likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

From guess where? And this time, it never ends...

First, he gave me an infraction just a couple minutes ago... and as I was reading his threatening PM about that, he changed his mind, banned me, and made it permanent...

What's funny is that he said the infraction was because I referred to an unnamed other site as a place where "people are treated decently"... he said that people over there are treated just fine... he forgot to add "when compared to other small banana republics that are owned by little tin dictators"... although I'm not sure even that would make it true... does anybody know of another site where the owner abuses his paying members, and enjoys doing that, the way he does?

Oh, well... it was a fun 2 days being back there because I was able to visit with some old friends...
  • BSLSethBondroff likes this

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,565 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Obviously Shack was banned again for basically mentioning this board. I'm sorry about that. A large portion of this board continues to post on OH. I encourage you to continue as long as you enjoy it. Message boards should be fun and a diversion.

Clearly we have a lot less traffic, and that has to be considered. However, we have yet to have to ban or reprimand anyone. I think that is a credit to the posters that are here, and the environment that is being built.

#4 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

Your Mom

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm certainly no "foxhole" guy or whatever, but those weren't innocent posts by RShack and he didn't get booted for merely mentioning this board. They were snide, passive-aggressive, and derogatory towards the OH and exactly what pushes Tony's (rather easy to push) buttons. He knew the likely result of what he was doing.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

crimsontribe at twitter dot com

#5 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,568 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

I read that comment and knew he would get banned for it.
@BSLRobShields

#6 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

From guess where? And this time, it never ends...

First, he gave me an infraction just a couple minutes ago... and as I was reading his threatening PM about that, he changed his mind, banned me, and made it permanent...

What's funny is that he said the infraction was because I referred to an unnamed other site as a place where "people are treated decently"... he said that people over there are treated just fine... he forgot to add "when compared to other small banana republics that are owned by little tin dictators"... although I'm not sure even that would make it true... does anybody know of another site where the owner abuses his paying members, and enjoys doing that, the way he does?

Oh, well... it was a fun 2 days being back there because I was able to visit with some old friends...

svSGKJFSl-8
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,861 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

I'm certainly no "foxhole" guy or whatever, but those weren't innocent posts by RShack and he didn't get booted for merely mentioning this board. They were snide, passive-aggressive, and derogatory towards the OH and exactly what pushes Tony's (rather easy to push) buttons. He knew the likely result of what he was doing.

Like I said, not taking sides (although I can see why posting this here would seem like it), I just literally cracked up when I saw

RShack
Released

after two freaking days. Still making me chuckle.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,962 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

True. Of course the rather easy to push buttons is a reason not to be a foxhole guy imo. No reason to give loyalty when it is doesn't go both ways.

#9 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

Your Mom

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Like I said, not taking sides (although I can see why posting this here would seem like it), I just literally cracked up when I saw

RShack
Released

after two freaking days. Still making me chuckle.

I'm not taking sides either (I can be quite the instigator myself). Just being fair and calling a spade a spade.

#10 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,283 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, there was little doubt of what was coming.

Michael said in another thread that you have been invited back, but the ground rules have been explained - will you be re-joining?
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#11 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Ok, I know we are trying not to cross the streams with us and OH but, as I said in another thread, Tony is offering people a chance to come back for the month of June.

Six days in and RShack gets booted again. I literally laughed out loud at my desk when I saw that*

*Note this post is not intended to be a shot/dig at Tony or RShack, I just found the situation as a whole amusing.

http://forum.orioles... ... ost2784494

I wasn't there for 6 days... somebody over there emailed me about the June thing, and I thought about it for a while first... I think I was there for something like 2 days and a couple hours. Oh, well...

I guess that's how some folks go about earning "respect"... but you'd think somebody of his age and experience would have a better understanding of how respect actually works, wouldn't you? The sad and ironic thing is that virtually everybody starts out over there respecting the guy simply because it's his site. I know I did. The one and only thing that teaches people to not respect him is, well, him.

You'd think he'd have some friends who would sit him down and straighten him out about that... dunno if he doesn't have good friends like that, or whether he is just not capable of any insight and therefore cannot be helped... either way, it really is a sad story...

#12 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,568 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Which is why I knew he would get banned. LOL

Im not saying Tony was in the wrong either just that the ban was obviously coming.
@BSLRobShields

#13 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,283 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

I'm not taking sides either (I can be quite the instigator myself). Just being fair and calling a spade a spade.

Yeah, it's hard to argue with this.

And yes, being a Bama fan is quite the instigation tactic in and of itself. ;)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#14 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,568 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, there was little doubt of what was coming.

Michael said in another thread that you have been invited back, but the ground rules have been explained - will you be re-joining?

Weams has apparently said this but Weams doesn't really know what is going on either.

Tony did tell me something, in the message that I see when I log on that has me banned. I can not get ahold of Tony through OH. I don't have PM capabilities or anything like that. I suppose I could find his email but whatever. Weams belongs to this site and while I don't expect him to post, he knows he can reach me through here. Also, Tony probably can see my email on my OH profile, so its not like he can't get ahold of me(not saying he should, just saying he has a way to get ahold of me).

On top of that, I am not going back to OH unless Scottie and Tony publically apologize to Chris for how they attacked him when I got banned. Chris had nothing to do with that and it was absurd how childish Tony and Scottie got over all of that.

So, since there is no way either of them, much less both, will apologize to Chris, I will not post on OH ever again. As I said the other day, I miss OH a little bit but not as much as I thought. I will miss the business I got from it and maybe people know they can get me though here but it is what it is. Tony banned me for good reason, no issue there...but the ensuing attacks on Chris weren't warranted.
@BSLRobShields

#15 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

Your Mom

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, it's hard to argue with this.

And yes, being a Bama fan is quite the instigation tactic in and of itself. ;)

It's the other, jealous fans that are the instigators my friend. :lol:

#16 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,283 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

I'll let you have the last word... but... WAR EAGLE! :lol:

SG - Interesting stuff for sure. It's ashame how this all turned out.

#17 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,568 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'll let you have the last word... but... WAR EAGLE! :lol:

SG - Interesting stuff for sure. It's ashame how this all turned out.

Yes it is....it wasn't neccassary.

Tony could have given me a chance to respond to him instead of banning me...or, he could have just not said anything about Chris and perhaps I would have sought him out somehow and I would be back there.

I don't know. All I know is what didn't need to happen is how Chris got attacked and that is what is the real shame. My lack of presence on OH isn't a big deal..its not important. The site has gone on without me. Attacking someone and their character(and allowing other posters to do it without them having any freaking clue as to what they are talking about) is a joke...says a lot more about the character of others vs who they were talking about.
@BSLRobShields

#18 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

You are quite correct that I did not 100% edit myself because of fear of the tin man. However, I was not posting for his eyes, I was posting to talk to the people I was talking to. And I *did* edit what I would normally talk with them about. The problem was that (1) my posts were not pasteurized quite enough, and (2) as per usual, he thinks it's all about him when it's not. The most I would have hoped for was that he would have been willing to just ignore me. Doing that would have earned him some respect from more than a few folks... but he's just not capable of it. The only ones who will be thrilled by his actual behavior are toadies who like arbitrary authority.

Now, I can certainly understand how somebody might think that I somehow intended to push his buttons, but that's mainly because it is 100% normal for folks over there to walk on eggs for fear of him freaking out and being belligerent and punitive. Even a heavyweight poster such as Frobby who has nothing to fear from him has in the past been *very* careful how he words things whenever Tony's in one of his thin-skinned snits and Frobby might disagree with him. That's a statement of how he runs that place, and IMO is about 95% of the reason the general tone over there is so combative and small-minded. In truth, I was not trying to push his buttons, nor was I trying to pretend that everything was normal either. The fact is that the guy demands that everyone fawn to his over-inflated sense of exalted status just because he owns a message board, and I just wasn't interested in doing that.

For me, the big thing is that he is more than happy to hold people's Oriole Fandom hostage in order to get flattered and coerce submission. To me, that's an abuse of both power and Oriole Fandom. I don't really mind people being abusive in the heat of the moment. For example, there were times that SG was that way towards me, but I never held a grudge towards SG about it. I'd go back and forth with him in what seemed to me to be a sporting banter kind of way, but I never held a grudge. That's because it was just SG talking, it was not a case of him doing anything to anybody. And he certainly didn't do anything to put a personal need to force submission and flattery above the Oriole Fandom of others. In contrast, Tony is very reliable about equating the OH community with those who are willing to kiss his butt.
  • mweb08 likes this

#19 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Tony banned me for good reason, no issue there...but the ensuing attacks on Chris weren't warranted.

I don't know what you did (I can only imagine ;-) but I did read what Tony had to say about Chris... and it was actually kinda sick.

What's amazing to me is that he has zero idea how he comes across. He seems to think he's being a tough no-nonsense kind of guy, which is delusional. What he does is attack and smear people who don't comply. That's what he did to Chris. Then, if they subsequently knuckle under, he says they have become a "good member of the community".

It's also hard to believe that he actually *said* that anyone posting here was being disloyal to him and the OH... and that he'd be watching and keeping score... he later kinda backed off when more than several people challenged him on that, but the fact that he would say it out loud shows that he likes doing stuff like that and has zero reality testing about how it causes others to view him.

I'm not saying he's ever violent to anybody, I'm not even trying to hint at that, but I do observe that the so-called logic he uses to justify his own behavior is pretty much identical to the kind of logic that wife-beaters use: "she made me do it", etc.

#20 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,433 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'll really glad RShack is here and I always used to enjoy his posts, but I gotta agree with Pedro here, I do find this pretty funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners