#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

http://baltimorespor...-north-week-15/

A look at the division race and the matchups this week. Odds are, the Ravens should move into a WC spot by the end of Sunday. A top the division if they get a little lucky.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,145 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

We control our own destiny at this point...win out and we are guaranteed a playoff spot.

http://m.baltimorera...65&media-type=N
@BSLRobShields

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

We control our own destiny at this point...win out and we are guaranteed a playoff spot.

http://m.baltimorera...65&media-type=N

That cant be. If the Ravens and Steelers both win out then they both finish 11-5. Steelers would have 4 division wins to the Ravens 3.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,145 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

That cant be. If the Ravens and Steelers both win out then they both finish 11-5. Steelers would have 4 division wins to the Ravens 3.

That doesn't mean the Ravens can't make the playoffs...just wouldn't win the division.
@BSLRobShields

#5 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

That doesn't mean the Ravens can't make the playoffs...just wouldn't win the division.

Oh yeah. My bad.

"Its a jump to conclusions mat."
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,145 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

Right now, I think we are the team that is most likely to win the division when you look at schedules and how everyone is playing.
@BSLRobShields

#7 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

Right now, I think we are the team that is most likely to win the division when you look at schedules and how everyone is playing.

I still don't feel like we should be sleeping on Houston. Also, I hope Cleveland's out of it by week 16 but you have to think they'll be coming to play in that game. 

I'd much rather have our schedule than Cincy's or Pitt's, however. 

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

If we win out we are like 75% to win the division. There is some chance Pitt or Cin can win out too, but neither are likely.

#9 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,145 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

I still don't feel like we should be sleeping on Houston. Also, I hope Cleveland's out of it by week 16 but you have to think they'll be coming to play in that game. 

I'd much rather have our schedule than Cincy's or Pitt's, however. 

Houston isn't a pushover.

That being said, we are the team that is most likely to win out in the division.
@BSLRobShields

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

Hou isn't a place where we generally play well. Also, FFitzpatrick has the capability to stretch and hurt this secondary. Definitely a game that gives me some pause.

#11 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

It's a win it for Kubiak game. We have it in the bag.

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 111,010 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

Russell Street Report: Will Bengals lose grip on the AFC North?

http://russellstreet...grip-afc-north/

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

So, I was just messing with the playoff generator.  A couple of things playing around. There are more scenarios where we can get in at 10-6 than I realized. Gonna try not to get to in detail here. Basically, its imperative that no AFC West Team gets to 10 wins. Its also imperative that if we lose a game its to Hou and not Cleveland. There is a scenario where we get the final spot over Pittsburgh if we both have 10 wins.

Point is basically this, as long as SD and KC each lose a game(hopefully they both lose next week) we are almost assured of being in the playoffs as long as we lose to Hou and not Cle. Denver beating Cincy is also big for us. On the other hand, our wildcard chances are much better if Pitt beats KC next week. Obviously, for our division chances we would want Pitt to lose.

It'll be interesting following the Pitt game as we play the game next week. You go in wanting Pitt to lose, but if things start to go bad in Hou you actually need to start rooting for Pitt.

#14 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,069 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

I'd still like to win the division.  Win out and hope Cincy and Pitt each lose once more (one of them is guaranteed to via week 17).

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#15 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,069 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

Sure would have been nice if Cleveland or Atlanta had done us a favor yesterday -- but counting on those guys is like expecting AAA to show up within the hour.

@bopper33

#16 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

Again, it'll be an evolving situation as the game goes on next week. We definitely want Buf and Cin to lose. If we are shitting the bed in Hou, we disgustingly become Steeler fans against KC. Also, we will know what SD does in SF as they play on Sat.

#17 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

Sure would have been nice if Cleveland or Atlanta had done us a favor yesterday -- but counting on those guys is like expecting AAA to show up within the hour.

Or DD to sign a high quality FA! I'm disappointed you missed the opportunity to call DDDD out :).

#18 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

Again, it'll be an evolving situation as the game goes on next week. We definitely want Buf and Cin to lose. If we are shitting the bed in Hou, we disgustingly become Steeler fans against KC. Also, we will know what SD does in SF as they play on Sat.

It's like you said, there are a lot more 10-6 chances than you originally thought. SD and KC playing each other and Cinci and Pitt playing each other really simplifies things.

I think we'll eat Houston up though. I don't think we'll drop 30 on them, but honestly it can't go too much worse than it did this week in terms of running the ball and drops. So I don't think we're going to need to worry about that.

#19 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hou is a bad matchup for our offense. There aren't a lot more scenarios but I didn't think we could get a playoff spot over Pitt if we are tied but we can.

Let me simplify one thing. If Den, SF, and Pitt all win next week we will control our own destiny for a playoff spot WK 17 if we lose in Hou. However, if we win, those teams winning would not lock up a playoff spot for us. That's where if we are going to lose a game, its better to be to Hou than Cle.

#20 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,069 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

Or DD to sign a high quality FA! I'm disappointed you missed the opportunity to call DDDD out :).

I don't want my shtick to get stale.

(cue everyone:  TOO LATE!).

• jkough1 likes this

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners