#701 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,230 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

No sink in my basement, not even for the washer which is weird. So even though it wouldn’t be for the pipe in question it would still help?

@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#702 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 68,557 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

I would think it couldn’t hurt.

I’ve always been told to run water when it gets this cold.

http://www.redcross....rm/frozen-pipes
@BSLRobShields

#703 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,230 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

Cool thanks. I’ll definitely try it. A burst pipe would be a nightmare.

@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#704 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,541 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, definitely run the water in that sink once you have it flowing again. Like Rob said, just a trickle to keep some flow .

I'm having a similar issue in my apartment, where the cold line in my kitchen, which runs along the outside of the building, seems to be freezing overnight while the bathroom lines are fine. Problem is I keep forgetting to do this, so I need to find some way to remember to turn it on in the evening.

@DJ_McCann

#705 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,186 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, definitely run the water in that sink once you have it flowing again. Like Rob said, just a trickle to keep some flow .

I'm having a similar issue in my apartment, where the cold line in my kitchen, which runs along the outside of the building, seems to be freezing overnight while the bathroom lines are fine. Problem is I keep forgetting to do this, so I need to find some way to remember to turn it on in the evening.

Siri can remind you ever day if you ask her nicely.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#706 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,541 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

Siri can remind you ever day if you ask her nicely.

Buying an iPhone might be more expensive than a burst pipe...

@DJ_McCann

#707 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,230 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

I’ve been recommended to buy some heat tape. Hopefully it’s easy to install lol.

This didn’t happen last tear but it also wasn’t this cold, this consistently. BGE bill is insane with all electric heat...

@PhelanToTweet

#708 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,628 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Buying an iPhone might be more expensive than a burst pipe...

Especially considering it'll only work a few years.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#709 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

I’ve been recommended to buy some heat tape. Hopefully it’s easy to install lol.

This didn’t happen last tear but it also wasn’t this cold, this consistently. BGE bill is insane with all electric heat...

Definitely easy to install. I'd also recommend a thermostatically controlled device that once the temperature reachs 35 degrees, it comes on and than goes off at 45 degrees. I have one on my water line from my well on a spot of the line that is exposed to outside temperatures. Home Depot has them...

https://www.homedepo...t-TC3/100210525

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#710 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,230 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

Definitely easy to install. I'd also recommend a thermostatically controlled device that once the temperature reachs 35 degrees, it comes on and than goes off at 45 degrees. I have one on my water line from my well on a spot of the line that is exposed to outside temperatures. Home Depot has them...

https://www.homedepo...t-TC3/100210525

That’s good to hear and that outlet sounds like a great idea as well. Thanks!

@PhelanToTweet

#711 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,757 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

http://nationalpost....ning-everything

All this F-ing salt. It's everywhere. We've got more salt on roads and sidewalks than we've gotten snow so far. It's tracked through my house. I'm convinced that it's screwed up a sensor in my brand new car. It completely covers your car and you can't freaking see through the windows. It's supposed to rain tonight -- I hope it pours. Wash all this damn salt away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners