@bopper33

#2762 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:12 PM

I'm going in about an hour.  I noticed Nolan kept this under 2 hours.  Not like him at all.

• Ricker Says likes this

#2763 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

My least favorite Nolan film.  Honestly I thought it was kinda boring, but it did not try to whitewash war with a veil of heroism the way some war movies do.  I appreciated the grounded displays of heroism.  Tom Hardy was good, the plane scenes were the best.  He uses the Interstellar shot a lot and it works for dogfighting too.

#2764 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

I thought it was very solid. Went to White marsh because they are showing it in 70MM. Well worth the theatre experience. Length was just right. Wasn't filled with useless dialogue as the action from start to finish tells the story.

I think 3.5 stars is about right.

@BSLMikeRandall

#2765 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

I thought it was very solid. Went to White marsh because they are showing it in 70MM. Well worth the theatre experience. Length was just right. Wasn't filled with useless dialogue as the action from start to finish tells the story.

I think 3.5 stars is about right.

What no love story like Michael Bay did for Pearl Harbor? And ruined the movie...

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2766 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

What no love story like Michael Bay did for Pearl Harbor? And ruined the movie...

Kate Beckinsale though...

Nah that movie is awful I can't defend it.

• BSLBobPhelan likes this

#2767 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

BSL Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Saw Dunkirk...very visceral experience, in the moment film. No character development whatsoever. That's ok. It makes up for that in other ways. A tad overhyped based on reviews I've seen. Still a very good movie. Nolan can seemingly do no wrong.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#2768 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

Saw Dunkirk...very visceral experience, in the moment film. No character development whatsoever. That's ok. It makes up for that in other ways. A tad overhyped based on reviews I've seen. Still a very good movie. Nolan can seemingly do no wrong.

I think that might be why I don't like it as much.  I'll tend to forgive a movie it's flaws for characters (like the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies).

Again, I think it's decent.  I appreciate the art of it, it's just didn't wow me.

#2769 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Dunkirk” and “Girls Trip” are opening above expectations at the domestic box office, while “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” looks like a huge flop.

But let’s start with the good. Christopher Nolan’s World War II film from Warner Bros. is flying past earlier projections to a $50.5 million opening weekend from 3,720 locations. $11.7 million of that total came from Imax screens alone — that’s 23% of the total market share from 402 locations. That $50.5 million number is a good one considering it is expected to have a large multiple, and continue to play well through August. The movie’s production budget was reportedly just under $100 million, although earlier reports speculated that it was much higher.

Meanwhile “Valerian,” Luc Besson’s big-budget [$209m] adaptation  of the French comic series from his own EuropaCorp, and distributed in the U.S. by STXfilms, looks like a real clunker. The sci-fi epic should land in fifth this weekend with about $17 million from 3,553 locations.

http://variety.com/2...n-2-1202503892/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2770 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

James Bond 25 Gets 2019 Release Date

James Bond will be back in action in 2019, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Eon Productions said Monday.

The 25th film about the legendary super-spy will hit theaters on Nov. 8, 2019. There’s no word yet on whether or not Daniel Craig will be asking for his martinis shaken, not stirred. The companies said that additional details regarding the film’s distribution, including international release dates, its cast and director, will be announced at a later date. However, some insiders believe that there is a good chance Craig will return for at least one more outing as 007.

http://variety.com/2...aig-1202504961/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors