• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 85,711 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:36 AM

MASN: Do the Orioles face a tough call on Chris Tillman?
http://www.masnsport...is-tillman.html

#242 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

He didn't pitch that well in his three rehab starts so far and the last one was A ball. Seriously I don't think he is ready. Fastball barely touched 90.....that is not a sign of somebody who is ready to face MLB lineups, especially the Red Sox.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#243 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • Pip
  • 616 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

He didn't pitch that well in his three rehab starts so far and the last one was A ball. Seriously I don't think he is ready. Fastball barely touched 90.....that is not a sign of somebody who is ready to face MLB lineups, especially the Red Sox.

You think he's a worse option than Jimenez?

#244 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

BSL Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Could be. Tillman has always been a tight rope Walker so if he isn't fully healthy yet no reason to rush him back.

#245 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

No absolutely not. BUT given that Tillman missed time last year with the shoulder. Took treatments clear into December. Missed a lot of ST. Is barely hitting 90 on the gun. Then hell no I am not bringing him up. I don't think he's ready and am concerned about reinjury.  This team is already headed downhill fast. We have to have Tillman back. But only when he can be somewhat effective.

#246 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,027 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Biggest thing with Tillman is how he feels tomorrow morning. Can't afford any setbacks for the long term sake of this club, and our limited SP resources and continued Ubaldo implosion. We need to not push him and make sure he's truly ready, physically and mentally before throwing him in there. We need him to produce.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#247 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • Pip
  • 616 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Does he pitch for the Tides tonight?

#248 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • Pip
  • 616 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Never mind, I see that he is pitching for them in Charlotte.

#249 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Tillman is obviously not healthy and it's an open question if he'll ever be effective again even in a back of the rotation manner.  Put this guy on the DL.  I know we don't have much pitching but Tillman is a disaster waiting to happen every time he starts.  Bring up Lucas Long or someone, take a shot.  See how it goes because right now were being overwhelmed.

#250 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,892 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

The pitch on which he gave up the homer to Judge was essentially a BP fastball; straight and down the middle.

I mean, you have to DL him at this point just because SOMETHING is clearly wrong.

• B00E00N00 likes this
@DJ_McCann

#251 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

The pitch on which he gave up the homer to Judge was essentially a BP fastball; straight and down the middle.

I mean, you have to DL him at this point just because SOMETHING is clearly wrong.

Yep, 84MPH middle in, no movement.  That's not going to get it done in the minors, let alone the majors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors