205 replies to this topic

#21 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Its possible...Its been mentioned that he and other golfers have taken stuff.

But highlighting a 220 yard shot out of the bunker isn't a big deal.  With the way the equipment is nowadays, all of the pros are doing stuff like that.

They are hitting 3 woods further than people hit driver 15 years ago.

Yeah, but that bunker shot was 13 years ago. Muscling up from the fairway, I could see it. Even with today's technology, 220 is like 4 iron range from the fairway or long par 3 for some of the better guys. But out of a bunker, 13 years of technology ago? Thats ridiculous. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#22 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Is there any testing in golf?

I have no idea. Funny thing though, there is testing for PEDs in Nascar, which someone, can't remember who, failed a test for last year I think. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#23 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

http://www.journalno...19bb30f31a.html

According to this article, testing started in 2008. That's right about when Tiger started to come down to earth. Coincidence?

A player suffered a year long suspension in 2009 for testing positive for supplemental testosterone and a beta-blocker. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#24 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,275 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

I don't think they test for HGH and I believe he was linked to the PED doctor up in Montreal that got busted.

I think it's likely he took something, just like 75%+ of your world class athletes the last 20 years.

#25 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,167 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Mike, you must have missed all of Rob's posts about how physically grueling golf is. ;)

#26 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,167 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's used.

#27 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

When I made a joke about this on my FB wall, someone who is a big Tiger fan left a comment that he usually rents a house for the week at a tournment and brings in his own furniture including "special bed." They said he must've not done this for that tournament.

@levineps

#28 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

When I made a joke about this on my FB wall, someone who is a big Tiger fan left a comment that he usually rents a house for the week at a tournment and brings in his own furniture including "special bed." They said he must've not done this for that tournament.

Taking your bed with you where ever you go. Thats not uncommon at all.

Must be nice
  • Oriole85 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#29 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Movie & MMA Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he used steroids but that's not the first thing that popped in my head with the "soft bed" comment...
  • Ricker Says and BSLMikeRandall like this
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

ESPN: EA parts ways with Tiger Woods

http://espn.go.com/g...ar-relationship

EA's "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" franchise has sold $771 million worth of games over the course of its lifetime, according to market tracking company NPD Group.

Although EA officials publicly said Woods' extramarital affairs and the fallout didn't hurt his status, the company chose to have him share the cover in recent years with the likes of Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler and Arnold Palmer.

@levineps

#31 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,275 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Smart move by EA. Tiger's brand is losing some luster. He alone is not  going to sell nearly enough games to justify paying him the money to put his name on the game.

#32 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,349 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Good, now EA can finally focus their attention on ramping up production on this bad boy:

Leecar.jpg

• DuffMan and Don Quixote like this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#33 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Smart move by EA. Tiger's brand is losing some luster. He alone is not  going to sell nearly enough games to justify paying him the money to put his name on the game.

I heard that title brought in $770 million over the 15 years. They probably pay him a fraction of what is made off the game. But I agree, it probably doesn't matter who is on the cover. They can just call it PGA tour 2015 or something and sell the same amount. I usually buy this game every three years or so. I was glad they added Augusta a couple years back. But it'll probably be due for another radical gameplay change especially with the new platforms coming out.
@BSLMikeRandall

#34 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Disagree that it was a good move for EA. Could care less who is on the cover or what the name is, but this does it for me: 

The end of the deal means that the game won't contain Woods' name, he won't be on the cover and he won't be in the game.

Regardless of how you feel about Tiger, any simulation sports game that doesn't have the individual who has been the face of the sport for the last 15 years and is still the best player in the game is flawed and takes a credibility hit. I realize they haven't had Mickelson in prior years, which is comparable, so maybe they make a serious play to incorporate him now, but overall I don't know that this is a great move. As with all negotiations, though, Tiger may have come in asking for something ridiculous to continue or may have not been all that interested himself. Who knows.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

@AdamWolff

#35 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Didn't know that he wouldn't be In the game at all. That probably wont bode well. I remember Jordan was never in the NBA games that EA put out when I was a kid, and that was annoying.
@BSLMikeRandall

#36 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 66,104 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

He is in talks with a different company.
@BSLRobShields

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 90,511 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

CBS Sports: Woods turns 38
http://www.cbssports...-woods-turns-38

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 90,511 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sports on Earth: What will middle age bring for Tiger?
http://www.sportsone...ticle/66001490/

#39 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,275 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I fell like we've talked about this in 5 different threads already.

I think Tiger will always have a shot at the Masters. He just knows and loves that course. Seemingly always in the top 5-10 there. He'll be like Fred Couples at Augusta. Always a contender, except more likely to actually bring one home. I'd be shocked if he didn't win again at Augusta.

However, the other majors are going to come down to what courses set up well for him or that he has played before. For example, he's historically done well at St Andrews. He'll probably get 2 or 3 more legit chances there.

For the the US Open and PGA it'll likely come down to the courses like Bethpage, Torrey Pines, Pebble Beach.

I think he is still at 30-35% to tie the record. However, I'll go out on a limb sort of and say this. He wont win a Major at a course he hasn't won one at before. In particular, his best shot is if he can win the Masters 2 more times which I think is over 50% right now.

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 90,511 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Yahoo: See how many more PGA Tours players think Tiger will win
http://sports.yahoo....3687--golf.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors