223 replies to this topic

#201 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Car running, brake lights on, damage to the bumpers, two flat tires. He didn't just pullover to take a nap. He passed out and had an accident while high

#202 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Show me where I have stood up for "those people" doing bad things while under the influence. Trust me, as someone who has struggled with addiction, I'm well aware of how awful it can be. I know you've wandered out from the kiddie pool, but you're obviously missing every point I made with regards to treating addiction rather than throwing people in jail for using.

I'm not talking about the under the influence part. Not sure why you can't figure that out.

I'm talking about the intention. You are insinuating he did this all on purpose. If he is addicted, can you really say that? I'm sure you wouldn't want people to say depression is just a "cry for attention", right? But in this case, this seems to be how you are treating this in regards to his intent.
@BSLRobShields

#203 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

Car running, brake lights on, damage to the bumpers, two flat tires. He didn't just pullover to take a nap. He passed out and had an accident while high

Ugh...lucky he didn't hurt himself or someone else.

I hate to say this but I wonder if there was any suicidal thoughts in his mind here?

That's where I would worry about intent here.
@BSLRobShields

#204 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,854 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Show me where I have stood up for "those people" doing bad things while under the influence. Trust me, as someone who has struggled with addiction, I'm well aware of how awful it can be. I know you've wandered out from the kiddie pool, but you're obviously missing every point I made with regards to treating addiction rather than throwing people in jail for using.

I'm not talking about the under the influence part. Not sure why you can't figure that out.

I'm talking about the intention. You are insinuating he did this all on purpose. If he is addicted, can you really say that? I'm sure you wouldn't want people to say depression is just a "cry for attention", right? But in this case, this seems to be how you are treating this in regards to his intent.

Okay maybe it isn't fair to assume he intended on getting fucked up, but fucked up he was and there's no excuse to drive like that. Come on man. I'm just not feeling any better about it because it's pills instead of booze.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#205 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

This guys fall from grace is epic. Hard to think of anyone else close. Maybe Lance Armstrong

#206 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Okay maybe it isn't fair to assume he intended on getting fucked up, but fucked up he was and there's no excuse to drive like that. Come on man. I'm just not feeling any better about it because it's pills instead of booze.

There isn't one thing you are saying here that I have disagreed with.
@BSLRobShields

#207 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

This guys fall from grace is epic. Hard to think of anyone else close. Maybe Lance Armstrong

Armstrong is really trying to turn things around.

That being said, the fall from grace of these 2 were for way different reasons...but yea, the drop was incredible for the 2.
@BSLRobShields

#208 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,774 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

There is probably some depression issues there. Can't expect there not to be some demons with how his career has gone.

#209 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Do we even know what combination of pills he took?

Hell, he could've taken an ambien with his pain-pills and in some sleep-state decided it was time to drive to the grocery store. Shit like that happens all the time to folks on ambien.
  • McNulty likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#210 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

Do we even know what combination of pills he took?

Hell, he could've taken an ambien with his pain-pills and in some sleep-state decided it was time to drive to the grocery store. Shit like that happens all the time to folks on ambien.

Yes, exactly.  Just started taking ambien myself (shift work for 14 years caught up to me).  Some nights it doesn't work at all, and others I pass out in my chair with a ton of drool on myself.

@fuzydunlop

#211 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

I had sex with my wife after I took ambience and didn't remember a second of it. 

I must've been a real stud that night.

@Miller192

#212 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

Too bad Tiger doesn't post here - he could have started a thread about the Baseball Gods.

• Ricker Says likes this

#213 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

tio

• Nigel Tufnel likes this

#214 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

Police release photos, video from Tiger Woods' DUI arrest

http://www.fox23.com...rrest/528440320

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#215 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Xanax

http://www.espn.com/...ax-night-arrest
@BSLRobShields

#216 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,854 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:46 AM

Yes, I'm never inclined to believe the narrative being pushed from the legal and PR team following an incident like this. But if the facts align, I hope I'm wrong. I've always been a big Tiger fan. But to operate under the assumption that on Memorial Day Weekend, he has a whoopsie with new pills and it hit him on his drive home so he was a good saint and pulled over so he could sleep it off... come on. That is incredible heights of naivety and shows how loyalty to an athlete can really cloud one's evaluation of that individual. Home Sports Team are to Stoner what Tiger Woods is to you. Not surprising to see you defending him.

ESPN: 5 Drugs in Tigers System

http://www.espn.com/...stem-dui-arrest

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#217 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 97,475 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

ESPN: Time to let our appreciation of Tiger evolve in latest comeback

http://www.espn.com/...omeback-attempt

• Don Quixote likes this

#218 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,572 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Tiger with two nice rounds at his Hero World Challenge tournament in his return.  -7, 5 shots back of lead, but in 5th place (of 18 golfers).  It's a stacked field.

#219 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

I had a bunch of people offering me tickets to this.  I don't like golf at all but I was still interesting in going.  

@fuzydunlop

#220 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

Its so impressive that he can be off for a year, come back and be right in the mix.  He is outplaying some of the top guys in the world.

Everyone is commenting on how much better the swing looks...that he is moving better, etc...

Hard to get too excited at this point.  Just nice to see.  Hope it continues.  The sport needs him badly.

@BSLRobShields

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners