@BSLRobShields

#2 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,790 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

I would lean towards delusional. Seriously, Tiger will win some more tournaments and maybe a few majors but I would bet against him ever being #1 in the world again. Let alone a dominant #1.

#3 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

I hate saying it, but delusional...I don't think he has it in him mentally to be the #1 golfer in the world again. Wouldn't shock me if he won another major or two, but don't think he has it in him to become the #1 golfer in the world again.
@brobey1

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

After today and that shit on 16, perhaps he is on the verge of something. His last win was followed by some poor play. Let's see how he does at the US Open...which will be in prime time!
@BSLRobShields

#5 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

After today and that shit on 16, perhaps he is on the verge of something. His last win was followed by some poor play. Let's see how he does at the US Open...which will be in prime time!

I would say that shot may be a top 5 shot in Tiger's career, based on time in the round and everything. If not top 5, then top 10, and I thought there was certainly a chance he'd never add any moment like that again.

Awesome to see. My boy Rickie falling apart however was not!

@AdamWolff

#6 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,790 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

They way Tiger finished the Memorial was vintage Tiger for sure. Let's see how he follows it up. He's certainly had his moments this year but has been plagued by inconsistency.

#7 Don Olsen

Don Olsen
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Tiger was so machine driven in in his first few years on tour that anything he does now has everyone running for the hills when he fails to win and every time he wins "is he back".

What Tiger has done this season alone 150 PGA golfers would instantly take as a "career year".

I would never bet against him, because his iron play is the one of the best in the history of the game. If he holes them, it will always be his tournament to lose.
@Olsen_Don

#8 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

I have grown such a passion for golf the last two years, so I am patiently waiting for 2013 to come along. I love watching Tiger and Rory play, and I believe they will be paired together as much as possible. Here is where I am going to make a projection for Tigers 2013 season.

I believe he will win two majors. Why? The swing is there. He has worked hard on it and his drive off the tee is a lot better than any time before when he switched his swing to the Foley system. I believe he comes out strong and takes another green jacket at Augusta. He will be working hard on his short game, most notably his 8 and 9 irons and wedges. Distance control really hurt him this season, and may have cost him a few tourneys. I also believe he gets the PGA Championship. He plans on taking on less tourneys this season, so he should be relatively fresh coming into that tourney. This season, he seemed to be bogged down toward that time and after he took a couple of weeks off after that, he was raring to go for the playoffs and was highly competitive.

As for the other tournaments, I believe he captures three. Look for the Honda classic, Arnold Palmer invitational, the Memorial and the At&t. Also look for him at the WGC in Akron. He is always there and can always strike there. I predict he wins the Honda classic, Arnold Palmer and WGC Bridgestone invitational.

These are just predictions, and as you can see, I have him winning 5 tourneys this season. He won three this year, but should have had more. He is getting that look back, like he is ready to take tourneys again.

With that said, let me know what you guys think. How many tourneys does Tiger win in 2013, and how many majors, if any?
@Langley486

#9 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

I think you are right that this could be the year the old Tiger surfaces...Another year away from all the divorce stuff, another year away from the injuries and another year learning the new swing.

If he doesn't do it this year, it may basically be it for him and his chase to get to 18 and eventually 19 majors.
@BSLRobShields

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 97,475 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Yahoo: Nicklaus: Tiger 'better get going' on Major chase
http://sports.yahoo....2959--golf.html

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 97,475 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Golf.com: Tiger leads at Bay Hill, eyes #1
http://www.golf.com/...tional-bay-hill

#12 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Nicklaus certainly has a point, and I agree with a good run of form Woods can catch him. Mind, I'd rather that not happen. I tried at times to be a fan of the guy, but I couldn't. I tuned into golf years before he was on the scene, and there was always something off to me. He's had a great career, but I'd rather see a relative newcomer take off, or someone like Mickelson add a couple more and get in his way.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 97,475 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Sports on Earth: Tiger's major woes are a matter of course
http://www.sportsone...ticle/56766970/

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 97,475 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

Grantland: The Burdened Walk: Tiger Woods and the weary pursuit of Jack Nicklaus's record
http://www.grantland...ga-championship

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,572 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm a big Tiger fan, but he's not catching Jack anymore.  5 years ago I would've said he had a shot at 25, but he's not the same guy anymore.  Age, injuries, and maybe even some mental demons have caught up with him.

I'd be less surprised with him finishing with 14 than with him finishing with 18+ at this point, though I do think he'll win another major or two along the way, just not enough to catch or pass Jack.

#16 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Don't see how you can say he isn't catching Jack...Through 64 majors, they each had 14 wins.

His health seems to be solid right now...Its mental right for him.  he is trying too hard IMO.

I personally think if/when he wins #15, that you could see some kind of a major run...something like 3 out of 10 or thereabouts.

I made the comment on one our recent podcasts that I feel he needs to win at least 1 major out of the next 9 to have a chance to beat the record.....the PGA was 1 of those 9.

I do agree that he is less likely to catch Jack right now vs 5 years ago but I wouldn't say that he has no chance either.

@BSLRobShields

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 97,475 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Phil is what 5 or 6 years older than Tiger? So, you would think that Tiger still has 6-8 years where he is capable of winning majors.

Like Rob, I think the key to Tiger's run is getting his 15th in the next year or so, and getting the first one off his back.

#18 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,295 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Phil is what 5 or 6 years older than Tiger? So, you would think that Tiger still has 6-8 years where he is capable of winning majors.

Like Rob, I think the key to Tiger's run is getting his 15th in the next year or so, and getting the first one off his back.

Right...6-8 years of being able to be a top level guy and he may be able to be in contention later...Look at guys like Stricker(46) Miguel Angel Jimenez(49), etc....These guys contend at majors...now, they don't win but they aren't nearly as good as Tiger either.

@BSLRobShields

#19 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,757 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

So yeah, Tiger still has a decent chance because golf isn't that athletic and it's not hard to walk 18 holes, so guys can still be really good in their mid to late 40's.

:lol: ;)

#20 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,854 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

So yeah, Tiger still has a decent chance because golf isn't that athletic and it's not hard to walk 18 holes, so guys can still be really good in their mid to late 40's.

:lol: ;)

So, how's that Frobby-style posting going for ya? :lol:

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners