Photo

BSL: Ravens Bubble Watch vs. Rams. (PS1)

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

BSL: http://baltimorespor...eseason-game-1/

Here's may take on who is on the bubble and what they did or didn't do to help themselves tonight in the Ravens 33-7 win over the Rams. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Steve55

Steve55
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:32 AM

As long as Grant holds onto the ball he looks to be the return guy. He also could be the slot back up to Snead.

Maybe they look to trade some of the excess D to a team for an OL player. Or if there is no room for Maxx.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 99,459 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Baltimore Sun: Five Things We Learned from the Ravens' 33-7 preseason win over the Los Angeles Rams

#4 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

The roster is going to be tight. I've been saying it and we've seen flashed from a bunch of guys that are on the bubble. Let's go back to a list I made earlier. 

Offense: 20 locks QB: Flacco, Jackson, HB: Collins, Dixon, Allen, Ricard WR: Crabtree, Snead, Brown, Moore, Lasley, Scott, TE: Hurst, Andrews, Boyle, OL: Stanley, Hurst, Yanda, Lewis, Zeus, 

Defense: 24 DL: Williams, Pierce, Davis, Henry, Urban, Wormley, LB: Suggs, ZDS, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Mosley, Onwuasor, Young, DB: Humphrey, Smith, Carr, Young, Canady, Weddle, Jefferson, Clark, Averett, Levine

You're now talking about 6 roster spots left, I don't think Nacua and McLellan are making it. 

You have to carry 3 of 4 OL likely (maybe all 4): Siragusa, Skura, Bozeman, Eleumenor (I think the Ravens ultimately may carry all 4 guys). 

But let's assume Bozeman or Elumenor can get to the PS. So you have 3 spots for the above mentioned guys, who are you keeping right now? RG3, Maxx Williams, Mayle, Kaufusi, Correa, Sieler, Elliott, White, Grant, Perriman. 

I still don't see the math that RG3 being on the roster. Maybe Andrews and Scott end up on the IR. So White or Grant get in and Williams gets in. You still have to cut two of Kaufusi, Correa, Sieler and Elliott...and you have to cut Perriman who they were willing to give the $600k bonus. 

#5 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Yeah there is for sure going to be a roster crunch, and I get the feeling there might be a surprise or 2.

I could see some "vets" like Carl Davis or Kenneth Dixon not making the team just because they are in year 3 or 4 of their contract, and there is more value in keeping a rookie or 2nd year player.

Dixon needs to get healthy so maybe he's an IR candidate just because of the potential there.

Correa I can see making the roster if he can demonstrate ability at ILB. I know everyone seems to think he is a star at OLB now, but I don't buy it yet. There's a reason they are giving him snaps at ILB, and it's because he isn't good enough at a crowded OLB position and they need depth inside.

OL I think Siragusa and Skura will make it. Bozeman will be PS imo and Eleumenor I think makes the 53 as well.

I've gone back and forth about RG3, but I'm thinking he is on the outside right now. LJ can back-up Flacco. 

@gabefergy

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,946 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:58 PM

I think a trade or 2 happens, especially amongst the front 7
@BSLRobShields

#7 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

Yeah Davis should likely be moved out of locks and put on the bubble. think Seiler is now a lock though. So it really doesn't save you any space. Williams is probably going to get traded, send him to the Chargers for a conditional pick. That's fine but they seem to really like Mayle in ST, so maybe he makes it if McLellan doesn't. Averett looked great on ST so maybe he can relieve some of that pressure. And I didn't see Elliott in that role last night, but if he can take some of that on maybe Mayle doesn't make it. And I was pleasantly surprised that Andrews took so many snaps at TE even if not that effective last night. End of the day, you're not trading any of the "locks". 

Re: if Dixon doesn't make it, he's going to be replaced by someone I didn't name so that doesn't matter as much. RB is a place where you can find talent, IMO, so I'd take a chance and push Edwards to the PS, someone will likely roster Dixon. 

I agree there might be some surprises, I still think the Ravens overvalue their past draft picks, and I think Perriman making the 53-man could be the surprise, which will not be helpful for many of the guys fighting for a spot. 

It's interesting right now. 

#8 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

Dixon is far from a lock. RSR today said Scott has been silent ll preseason and they could be looking for a reason to IR him. Im sure there are a few more they could ve looking for a reason to IR

#9 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:03 AM

Dixon is far from a lock. RSR today said Scott has been silent ll preseason and they could be looking for a reason to IR him. Im sure there are a few more they could ve looking for a reason to IR

Yeah but that spot is going to Edwards or the other RB if he doesn't make it. It's not that it's not that he's a lock, but that spot is a lock for RB right now who is not listed within that bubble group. 

So if he doesn't make it, it has zero impact on Kaufusi, Correa, RG3, Maxx Williams. 2 of these 4 are going to ultimately need to get cut or we're really going to need to see some creativity.

To be fair, Davis is likely to get replaced by Sieler as more of the "lock" guy, so that's one roster spot that is going to go from someone that seemed to be in good standing to start the year to So if you want to call a lock guy out, he's probably the one that matters the most to the roster bubble right now. 

I'll be shocked if the Ravens cut a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick in one season before their rookie contracts expire. Esp. with Kaufusi and Correa having one more year beyond this one. 

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

My issue with cutting Correa and Kafusi is they have not had time to fail.

Correa spent most of year 1 on IR.  He was switched last year and really not given enough time to improve and learn the position.

Kafusi lost his entire year 1.  He played a little last year, but not enough to make any conclusion good or bad.

As for Davis, IMO he played pretty well last year.   I don't see them cutting him, but maybe a low level trade.

I expect Sieler to get some time against the veterans the next 3 PS games

@mikeghg

#11 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:53 AM

Sieler has flashed enough he's not going to the PS, IMO. Interior big men with his strength that get that kind of push and are on the Ravens will just garner their own attention. I'm ready to move him to lock already.

You MIGHT be able to sneak Bozeman out to the PS. You probably won't be able to get Elumenor there, though. 

Offense: 23 locks QB: Flacco, Jackson, HB: Collins, Dixon, Allen, Ricard WR: Crabtree, Snead, Brown, Moore, Lasley, Scott, TE: Hurst, Andrews, Boyle, OL: Stanley, Hurst, Yanda, Lewis, Zeus, Siragusa, Skura, Elumenor. 

Defense: 24 DL: Williams, Pierce, Sieler, Henry, Urban, Wormley, LB: Suggs, ZDS, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Mosley, Onwuasor, Young, DB: Humphrey, Smith, Carr, Young, Canady, Weddle, Jefferson, Clark, Averett, Levine

So now you've got 50 roster spots filled, pick 3: RG3, Maxx Williams, Mayle, Kaufusi, Correa, Davis, Elliott, White, Grant, Perriman. 

#12 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,946 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:30 AM

Elumanor is in trouble IMO.  

That being said, I think 9 Olineman being kept is something you seriously consider considering the injury issues we have up front.

Ricard can't make the team IMO...I think he will but I think its a poor decision.

@BSLRobShields

#13 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

Theyll find some IR injuries for a few guys. I havent paid close enough attention. Are ZDS and Levine really locks? Is a 3rd RB really a lock? If you got a guy like Edwards to the practice squad you can call him up if Collins or Allen go down. In game you could switch things up on the fly if both guys were to go down.

One of Grant or White will be kept for PR/KR. Perriman is out.

#14 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,946 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

No doubt they keep 3 RBs

@BSLRobShields

#15 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:08 PM

Levine is a lock. He's the dime back and he's a guy they love on ST. 

Even if Elumenor doesn't make it, he's going to be replaced by a OT, so his spot, like Dixon's is "a lock" though it might not be him. There is no way they don't carry at least 3 OL backups. Now if Bozeman needs a spot on the 53, that's 4 but you've got to keep one more tackle other than Elemenor on your bench. That still doesn't get you an IR spot. 

Agreed, I think Scott or Andrews finds their way onto the IR. Scott will give you one spot for your KR/PR if he does land on the IR but there is zero chance they cut him. Andrews would be replaced but he's come on strong or sounds like it. I sincerely doubt the phantom IR anyone else. Maybe Averett...

Assuming Perriman doesn't stay, you still have to pick 3 of the following: RG3, Kaufusi, Correa, Davis, and Elliott 

#16 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,946 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

They kept saying on Golic and Wingo today that RG3 isn't making the Ravens.

I don't think they have any knowledge about it, just what they were assuming.

@BSLRobShields

#17 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

There is 0 chance Ricard gets  cut. 

I would put Griffin at about 50/50 right now, with a slight lean towards not making it. I just don't see the need to keep him with the roster crunch the team is going to face.

Kind of remarkable no one has gotten seriously hurt yet considering the Ravens luck with injuries in recent seasons...maybe Bowser gets put on IR? who knows. There probably will be 1 or 2 serious injuries before TC is over, so that will be a factor.

@gabefergy

#18 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,992 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

LaCanfora keeps saying that they'll cut him (RG3) since they know no one else will pick him up. You just resign him if you need a QB. Seems smart to me.

@fuzydunlop

#19 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

LaCanfora keeps saying that they'll cut him (RG3) since they know no one else will pick him up. You just resign him if you need a QB. Seems smart to me.

This is what I've been saying.

Hell cut him, sign him as a "private coach" for Lamar since he's been such a good mentor. And then if Joe goes down in a game and you don't trust Lamar to get you to the playoffs and you're in contention at that point put him back on the roster. 

He'll have still be at the facility and hearing the terminology and seeing things just not have been directly on the field. 

I said before I would have been shocked to see him on the final roster and still feel as such. 

#20 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

I don't agree with LaCanfora there, partially because he's almost always wrong about everything, but mostly because RG3 has demonstrated that he would be a quality back-up in the league and he wouldn't be expensive.

@gabefergy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners