Photo

BSL: Everybody Remembers The Headlines, But…

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisKnoche

BSLChrisKnoche

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:11 AM

BSL: Everybody Remembers The Headlines, But…

http://baltimorespor...bers-headlines/

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLZackKiesel like this

#2 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

Very nice but are we looking at probation? Hopefully Strock is not heading the investigation. LOL

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,463 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

I don't see any sanctions coming for this beyond vacating wins that season for using an ineligible player.

Maybe there is more to it that will be revealed and there will be clear dirt on the Terps, but what has been reported so far doesn't sound like anyone with the program was involved in giving that money to Diamond. Sounds to me like it was an agent trying to get an in for Diamond to sign with his agency later on.

#4 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

Its Maryland. Im programed to believe that whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

#5 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

I'm more interested in seeing this coaching staff cleaned out. I would trade two years of probation for a reset.

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

I am not interested, nor do I think it is a good trade off, to see a probation, just to get rid of Turgeon.  

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#7 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

I am not interested, nor do I think it is a good trade off, to see a probation, just to get rid of Turgeon.  

We would survive and prosper under a new, solid coach just like we did years ago with Gary Williams. We're not competing for a national title any time soon realistically. I would definitely make that trade off to get somebody in here who knows what he's doing .

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 99,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

So...MD on probation, buy out the last 5 years of Turgeon and his staff...and hire someone new...while on probation?

Yeah, not a fan of that idea.
  • Mike B likes this

#9 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,420 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:38 PM

Again, these subpoenas to me are basic legal due diligence and nothing more until we hear otherwise. To this point, nothing we've heard indicates MD was involved. I think we will be fine, but fingers crossed. It's certainly uneasy. And what birdwatcher is suggesting is akin to wishing that wherever you work goes out of business, so you don't have to deal with your difficult boss anymore.
  • Mike B likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 99,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:39 PM

Agreed Ricker...dont really think there is much here. If I'm wrong, throw the book at them.

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

So...MD on probation, buy out the last 5 years of Turgeon and his staff...and hire someone new...while on probation?

Yeah, not a fan of that idea.

Yea,  there is no guarantee, that the next Gary Williams is walking through that door.  Gary came back in part, because it was his Alma Mater in need.

@mikeghg

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

Again, these subpoenas to me are basic legal due diligence and nothing more until we hear otherwise. To this point, nothing we've heard indicates MD was involved. I think we will be fine, but fingers crossed. It's certainly uneasy. And what birdwatcher is suggesting is akin to wishing that wherever you work goes out of business, so you don't have to deal with your difficult boss anymore.

Perfect analogy.  

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners