106 replies to this topic

#101 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,466 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

I know next to nothing about the food service business, but I get the feeling the reductions may represent a large % of the Ravens profit.

It would surprise me, if the supplier was taking much of a hit.

This is almost certainly the case, IMO.  The Ravens are either dramatically lowering their percentage on each sale or, more likely IMO, they don't even get a percentage but rather they just get a big lump sump and the vendor  handles everything inside and keeps all the revenue and the team and vendor renegotiated the deal so the vendor now pays much less but the Ravens got control over pricing.

#102 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

I would guess they are going to see significant increases in sales with this...whether that leads to more revenue or not will be determined. Either way it's a strong move to improve gameday experience though

@gabefergy

#103 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

This is almost certainly the case, IMO.  The Ravens are either dramatically lowering their percentage on each sale or, more likely IMO, they don't even get a percentage but rather they just get a big lump sump and the vendor  handles everything inside and keeps all the revenue and the team and vendor renegotiated the deal so the vendor now pays much less but the Ravens got control over pricing.

Cass said in the presser that the Ravens are absorbing the full amount of the reductions.

They anticipate losing 1.5 million.

@fuzydunlop

#104 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

Cass said in the presser that the Ravens are absorbing the full amount of the reductions.

Spare change to them. Glad they did something. It makes a difference for people like me.

#105 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

Could be worse. Could have Chris Davis on the payroll.
@BSLMikeRandall

#106 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,520 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

Could be worse. Could have Chris Davis on the payroll.

Or Flacco in non-Kubiak years.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#107 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

Also putting in escalators to upper deck in two corners by next season.

@fuzydunlop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners