#601 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,616 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Btw, Kerr should have called timeout when that last possession fell apart.

#602 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 71,695 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Btw, Kerr should have called timeout when that last possession fell apart.

Yep...he didn’t need to call TO when the possession started but it was rushed and they didn’t react well.

Had plenty of time to call a TO.

Btw..if that shot of Curry’s goes in, it wouldn’t have counted I’m pretty sure.
@BSLRobShields

#603 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 71,695 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 PM

Warriors were 3-16 in the 4thQ. Worse shooting quarter of the year for them.

They took so many bad and dumb shots. Weren’t running their offense.
@BSLRobShields

#604 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,616 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:50 PM

Darren Rovell

702 Days: The last time the Warriors lost a playoff game at home (6/19/16, Game 7 of the NBA Finals)

Dd2fV7oV4AA0Q1T.jpg

• jkough1 likes this

#605 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 96,526 posts

Posted Today, 05:24 AM

Still like GS to win...but even if GS wins big in next two, Houston made it a series last night.

#606 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 71,695 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

Btw..after losing a 3-1 finals lead against Cle and if they lose this series, we can stop the talk of GS being the best team ever.
@BSLRobShields

#607 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,616 posts

Posted Today, 07:47 AM

Btw..after losing a 3-1 finals lead against Cle and if they lose this series, we can stop the talk of GS being the best team ever.

It depends on if we're talking single season or not.

They obviously they still have a solid chance at winning this series, but they're also facing a level of competition that many all-time great teams really didn't have to face while they were still at their apex. 

#608 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 71,695 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Today, 07:56 AM

It depends on if we're talking single season or not.

They obviously they still have a solid chance at winning this series, but they're also facing a level of competition that many all-time great teams really didn't have to face while they were still at their apex.

I don’t care. You can’t be the greatest team ever if you don’t win titles.

Now, I expect them to win this series, so I think this becomes a moot point.

But if they don’t win this series and you combine that with losing you Cle, up 3-1, they can’t be regarded as better than those Bulls teams.
@BSLRobShields

#609 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,616 posts

Posted Today, 08:03 AM

I don’t care. You can’t be the greatest team ever if you don’t win titles.

Now, I expect them to win this series, so I think this becomes a moot point.

But if they don’t win this series and you combine that with losing you Cle, up 3-1, they can’t be regarded as better than those Bulls teams.

If it's just last years team vs the '96 Bulls, they absolutely can be considered better. Same with pondering who would win a series between those Bulls and the Warriors. 

However, if it's a question of who had the better run, well that would not favor the Warriors if they lose this series. But if we're looking at who had the best stretch in the NBA and using titles as the determinant, the 60's Celtics have the best run. 

#610 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 71,695 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Today, 09:15 AM

If it's just last years team vs the '96 Bulls, they absolutely can be considered better. Same with pondering who would win a series between those Bulls and the Warriors. 

However, if it's a question of who had the better run, well that would not favor the Warriors if they lose this series. But if we're looking at who had the best stretch in the NBA and using titles as the determinant, the 60's Celtics have the best run. 

I am not talking an individual season.  I am talking over a period of time.  People are saying that the Warriors, with Durant, are the best team ever and some are saying that the Warriors over the last 4 years or so are the best team we have seen.  All I am saying is that can't be the case if they lose this series.

@BSLRobShields

#611 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,616 posts

Posted Today, 09:44 AM

I am not talking an individual season.  I am talking over a period of time.  People are saying that the Warriors, with Durant, are the best team ever and some are saying that the Warriors over the last 4 years or so are the best team we have seen.  All I am saying is that can't be the case if they lose this series.

It's too bad they can't play the late 90's Utah Jazz.

So the 60's Celtics are the best ever then, right?

#612 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 71,695 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Today, 09:51 AM

It's too bad they can't play the late 90's Utah Jazz.

So the 60's Celtics are the best ever then, right?

They can make the case, sure...little different in terms of a lot less teams, less basketball all over the world, etc..but sure they can make the case.

But you can’t make the case if you don’t win titles.
@BSLRobShields

#613 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,616 posts

Posted Today, 10:29 AM

They can make the case, sure...little different in terms of a lot less teams, less basketball all over the world, etc..but sure they can make the case.

But you can’t make the case if you don’t win titles.

The Warriors have won titles and now that you've established that we aren't just counting titles, I guess a case can be made. ;) But I wouldn't make it if we're talking about the best dynasty.

That isn't the same to me as the best team. The Warriors last year were better than the '96 Bulls IMO. 

#614 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,383 posts

Posted Today, 10:52 AM

What a great game. Actually watched that one start to finish. 

That third quarter Warriors team put on a clinic. For anyone that didn't watch, they were impressive there. But you knew they weren't going to sustain it. Even the defense on a few of those Curry bombs was good. Durant has been well defended all series and isn't hitting the fadeaway 10 footers at a 90% clip anymore (that wasn't going to sustain either). That was just amazing to watch the skill on display. 

CP3 was really good last night. Impressively so. He made some really clutch shots. He had a 3-pt in the 2nd quarter from the corner that got them back in it. And hit a huge 3 in the 4th that kept them in it too. 

Also not to go unnoticed in the 2nd period, two steals by Harden at the top of the key that both led to fast break points. And they defended the 3 line admirably outside of a few possessions and I think that threw GS off their game a lot. 

And Houston keeps missing gimmes. I don't know if they missed them at this clip in the regular season but if they stop doing that. They are going to give the Warriors a serious run for their money here. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners