jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

No, he didnt want to play with Flacco

#analysis 

I do think it's true. More by virtue of the fact the Ravens could have gotten Dez a 1/8 type deal on multi-years. Structured so it was say a 2/23 deal. $7 mill signing. $1 mill 1st contract year. Could have stacked more incentives into Year 2 ultimately would force the Ravens to cut Dez if he wanted to make it happen.

Additionally, I think the Ravens may also have hard lined and said, hey we won't give you more than $5 mill in Year 1. And we won't go public if you turn us down that we won't to hurt you market, even if you want to indicate that you didn't want to play here. There is really gain for the Ravens to publicly get into it with Dez. And who knows if he goes and proves it and they want to add him next year, why bicker publicly with him over pride when there is nothing really to be gained. 

If both sides really wanted him here, it could easily have happened. I think the Ravens only wanted it if had value. And I think this wasn't the perfect destination that Dez wanted either (Flacco risk of being done as a QB included in that rationale). It seemed like a fit on paper, but likely both parties ultimately rejected each other. 

#122 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

I think Dez thought his market would be more than it is.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners