#102 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 70,608 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

Also from Ken:

The @Ravens allowed just 7 yards on their 6 blitzes with 6+. One of the reasons to gamble more was the inability of the receivers to catch the football in the frigid temperatures.

And yet, we did a weak 4 man rush on the biggest down of the year.

I’m so glad Pees is gone. I appreciate that the players like him and things like that but they need a new voice.
@BSLRobShields

#103 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 70,608 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:03 AM

Pay the man!

http://profootballta...ve-coordinator/
@BSLRobShields

#104 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,056 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Had a longer post written out but I'll shorten it to say Im on Team Ricker here. He was completely on topic  until Shields for whatever reason brought up Humphrey in this thread. Shields  handled it in a Shields type of way in post #57.  Ricker  responded to that in a completely reasonable manner in post #59. In fact he acknowledges his inability to let the game go and his lingering bitterness. That should have been the end of it. Instead Rob  continues the BS and ratchets up the personal stuff in post #62. From there everything RIcker says is justified. 

This type of stuff isnt uncommon around here and Stoner has to know outsiders take notice. Ricker was stating an opinion that was unpopular but he was on topic and responded to Biggsy and Sean's thought out responses to him in a respectful manner. For whatever reason this gets taken to a complete other place when Shields decides to go rogue and pick a fight on an unrelated subject. 

• Ricker Says likes this

#105 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 95,545 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Robs post #62 wasn't needed.

Can't have someone with the site telling someone that.

I had felt Ricker was on fire from the game Sunday through all day Monday. Posts with an edge.

End of the day, board mostly polices itself. Maybe over time emotions grow and have to be let out.

Everyone (here and in life) is responsible for how you respond to, and treat people.

I'll be away (very limited access) until later this afternoon.

I'd encourage people to treat each other as they would like to be treated...and instead of responding to me here..get back to discussing Pees.

#106 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,165 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Just doing my part to get to a million... I got you a solid 50 or so posts between the Ravens threads. You're welcome.
  • BSLRobShields, Mackus and BSLChrisBacon like this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#107 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Honestly, most of this discussion has been complete BS. The cussing, swearing, and name calling is juvenile to say the least. It will do nothing more than chase away other posters.

Just my two cents.... Pees is gone and likely would've been fired had he not retired as the group underperformed based on the talent and effort to bolster it. The run defense was horrible earlyand then was poor late imo. The Steelers, and Bengals had no trouble running on us.

I think there is little chance that Marty stays despite Flacco and his lobbying.

Hopefully Steve insists on bringing in strong coordinators....Hopefully Kubiak is open to returning and Pagano is nit looking for a vacation.

#108 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,059 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

If we are replacing both coordinators, we should go clean house and replace the head coach as well.  Roman and Rosburg are guys that I think are assets, and I'm sure there are other positional coaches who deserve to stay, but I'd be fine with a complete overhaul as long as it means Harbaugh is gone. 

#109 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

I bet Dick Cass is sorry that Pees won't be around.  He's probably pushing to replace him with Rusty Kuntz.

#110 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

If we are replacing both coordinators, we should go clean house and replace the head coach as well.  Roman and Rosburg are guys that I think are assets, and I'm sure there are other positional coaches who deserve to stay, but I'd be fine with a complete overhaul as long as it means Harbaugh is gone. 

Just posted in the MM thread, Marty's job is safe. 24 PPG and 34 PPG in the last 9 games.

The defense cost us the Steelers and Bengals games.

#111 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 70,608 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

It really doesn’t matter who the coordinators are if they don’t get legit playmaking talent.

People keep saying, where are we going to find the money to do this.

Well, figure it out...you can’t afford NOT to do it. If you want this team to get to the next level, that is what you need.

This team proved this year that they have enough secondary talent that can make them competitive and even contend for a playoff spot..easy schedule or not, that doesn’t really matter because the NFL is littered with 8-8 teams anyway..the league is watered down and it’s just not as good a game as it was..so, the easiness of schedules is going to continue to happen.

The difference are the teams with the elite playmakers..they make those 3-4 plays a game that make you a winner.

The Ravens don’t have those guys.
@BSLRobShields

#112 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Just posted in the MM thread, Marty's job is safe. 24 PPG and 34 PPG in the last 9 games.

The defense cost us the Steelers and Bengals games.

Has it been reported by the Ravens? Is so it's a plain poor decision. The guy is a moron and the team had been awful offensively. Even in the Bengals game they were horrible the first half.

#113 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Has it been reported by the Ravens? Is so it's a plain poor decision. The guy is a moron and the team had been awful offensively. Even in the Bengals game they were horrible the first half.

Because of the 10,000 drops.

#114 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 70,608 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

Them being horrible had nothing to do with MM though. It’s not his fault the OLine wasn’t run blocking or that WR were dropping passes.

I don’t mind firing him but we saw when Joe was healthier that the offense was fine.

I wouldn’t care if you fired him if you want to bring in something totally different or if you thought Roman was leaving but overall, MM being back isn’t really a big issue.

You have to evaluate how the offense looked as Joe obviously got more confident, healthier, etc...
@BSLRobShields

#115 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Thank god I don't have to defend this piece of crap any more. 

I'm just getting out of the fog of what was the worst loss I've ever watched...but Pees was/is a huge part of this problem. And John never pressured him to change or do something differently. That's the one thing that drives me the most nuts. Pees is actually good at adjusting to game plans, but he gets too cute and too predictable that he won't go with what's working in big moments. Teams latched onto that, looked for those changes and attacked them in big moments. 

It's too bad that even what would have been his very last playcall as a defensive coordinator, there was little to no aggression or confusion to end the game. Even a straight man cover 2 shell would have been better...

For all the key strokes I spent defending this guy, I couldn't be happier that he's gone. 

Sigh...

#116 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

I actually want Vic Fangio more than Pagano. 

#117 Biggsy

Biggsy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

Just saw a report saying the Ravens have contacted Pagano. Great news. Proven track record here. And I love his defensive style.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners