• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

Detroit Free Press: Lions' playoff window closing; losing Teryl Austin would slam it shut

http://www.freep.com...stin/899952001/

BSL: Previewing Week 13: Lions at Ravens

BSL: What Case Keenum's breakout season suggests about Joe Flacco's future

BSL: Anytime is a Good Time For Change

#2 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,633 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

Short week for us. Long week for them. They should be desperate after their home loss. This is a litmus test game for us.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,527 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

If they can win this one I'll actually start to feel somewhat confident about making the playoffs.

We haven't beat a good QB all year.  Will be interesting to see if the defense can have another good game against a competent QB.  I'm sure they'll play ok and not give up a ton, but can they do enough to outright win the game for the team like they have in almost all of our victories.

#4 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,833 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Probably going to this one.  Only other game I went to this year was the Miami game so maybe that  bodes well?

• BSLBobPhelan likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#5 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 67,038 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

So, this game has very little to do with the playoffs.

I mean, obviously you want to win and keep  as many tie breaker scenarios out of the equation as possible but this is the one game you can afford to lose because its out of the AFC.

That being said, Mackus is right...I said a few weeks ago that I want to see how they play vs Detroit and Pitt.  If they play well against those teams, I feel a lot better about this team.

I hope Humphrey can play.  They like to throw...would be nice to have him in there.

@BSLRobShields

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 67,038 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

Detroit's defense is 17th in DVOA...Offense is 14th.

They aren't a very good run or pass defense though.  They are giving up 24 ppg.

They are 5th in the league in PPG and they are 5th in takeaways.

@BSLRobShields

#7 Biggsy

Biggsy

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

They are 5th in the league in PPG and they are 5th in takeaways.

This is the scary part. Our offense is almost guaranteed to give the ball up at least twice. Can we overcome those?

It will be nice to see how our defense does against a good passing offense. Avoiding turnovers isn't exactly at the top of Staffords list either, which could swing things into our favor.

#8 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Was M&T Bank really empty on Monday night? Heard a lot of people saying that was the case. 

@gabefergy

#9 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

DVOA loves the Ravens. I certainly don't think they are a top 6 team in the NFL, but the defense and ST are legitimately great. Best TO differential in the league. 

I agree that this week will be a strong test for the defense and the offense should be able to run the ball against Detroit. Just need to clean up the penalties and try to play mistake free football.

@gabefergy

#10 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,156 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

Was M&T Bank really empty on Monday night? Heard a lot of people saying that was the case.

It wasn't that bad. Probably at least 85% capacity. Peeps were leaving as early as halftime though. Wasn't too cold, so not because of that, but just the start time coming off a Holiday weekend.
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#11 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

It wasn't that bad. Probably at least 85% capacity. Peeps were leaving as early as halftime though. Wasn't too cold, so not because of that, but just the start time coming off a Holiday weekend.
This. I'm sick of people seeing a couple of empty seats on tv and saying it's empty. Unless you're at the game find something else to discuss. It's the same for o's games too.

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

This. I'm sick of people seeing a couple of empty seats on tv and saying it's empty. Unless you're at the game find something else to discuss. It's the same for o's games too.

I don't go to games.  I don't enjoy it.  I respect those of you who get up and go.

If I'm commenting on attendance with the O's, Ravens, Terps...  it's not me complaining that people choose to not go...  it's just noting it.

The seats were visible last night.  Rob Habib, and Pete Dilutis were also at the game last night, and they noted it.

The only time I'd make a real effort to go out (and push others to go) was if I thought the franchises were at risk due to limited attendance.

Past that, I'm good with being home.  If others like being at home, I'm certainly not going to judge them.

As far as the Ravens / NFL... there are a number of elements at play.  Not just those pissed at the league currently, but the league dealing with more people like me who would rather watch from home.  That is a legit story / issue for the league.

#13 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 67,038 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

I think it was closer to 70-75% full.

But they lost some fans over kneeling...they have lost some because of the offense. The NFL in general has lost some.

A lot of people like staying at home.
@BSLRobShields

#14 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:39 AM

They’re boring to watch, win or lose. That might be the main reason for any decrease in attendance.

#15 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

They’re boring to watch, win or lose. That might be the main reason for any decrease in attendance.

I agree but this is a league wide issue. It’s not unique to Baltimore. But if this team was exciting, if they were 8-3 or even 7-4 I think they’d have more fans in seats. I still believe this is a rabid fan base unlike some other cities that are having more drastic exoduses on Sundays.

#16 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

I agree but this is a league wide issue. It’s not unique to Baltimore. But if this team was exciting, if they were 8-3 or even 7-4 I think they’d have more fans in seats. I still believe this is a rabid fan base unlike some other cities that are having more drastic exoduses on Sundays.
I don’t disagree. Just saying it looks worse than the systemic problem itself because the team is boring. I can barely bring myself to turn the TV on let alone drive an hour to the stadium. That has nothing to do with kneeling, it has to do with games that take 3.5 hours to play and very few exciting moments.

#17 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,156 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

One thing I noticed Monday Night is the buzz just isn't there like it used to be. Even the noise on 3rd down isn't anything like it was in the past. Would season ticket holders agree?

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#18 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,633 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:08 AM

Tied for the second lowest rate MNF game of all time. Only below the game that went up against the 1st Presidential debate last year. Everyone in the country knows this team is boring.

#19 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 67,038 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Tied for the second lowest rate MNF game of all time. Only below the game that went up against the 1st Presidential debate last year. Everyone in the country knows this team is boring.

LOL...So, the low rating is only about the Ravens?  Not Houston?

@BSLRobShields

#20 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

One thing I noticed Monday Night is the buzz just isn't there like it used to be. Even the noise on 3rd down isn't anything like it was in the past. Would season ticket holders agree?

Agreed.

However it was the Texans with a back-up QB.

Like I said before....if this were an exciting team, the fans would be there. But it's hard to get excited about this team and the level of opponents they've faced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors