#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 99,459 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

BSL: Previewing Week 8: Dolphins at Ravens

BSL: 5 Things I’m Thinking After The Loss In Minnesota

BSL: The Ravens lack identity and direction, and it could force sweeping changes

BSL: Countdown to Kickoff, vs. Dolphins

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

I expect there will be a lot of empty seats on Thursday.

Mine will not be among them.   It will be interesting to see if they get any of the walking wounded back.

@mikeghg

#3 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,341 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

I'll be there. Just got tickets to the BMore Around Town tailgate...$35 and benefits Tina Frost. So I'll be nice and lubricated at kickoff.

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,946 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

I'll be there. Just got tickets to the BMore Around Town tailgate...$35 and benefits Tina Frost. So I'll be nice and lubricated at kickoff.

I will be at the Adam Jones one for the Monday Night game.

Lots of good restaurants being represented.

@BSLRobShields

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

Cool, great benefit, good tail gate and hopefully a decent football game.

The night games are fun, and a reason to take off work the next day.

@mikeghg

#6 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,341 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Cool, great benefit, good tail gate and hopefully a decent football game. The night games are fun, and a reason to take off work the next day.
Oh I'll be going to work. Maybe a little late but I can't take off.

#7 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,398 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:31 AM

Tickets on Stub hub are under $30 for a few. Can easily get a seat for under $40. 

That never happened for Ravens games to my knowledge. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#8 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,341 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

Fan apathy setting in no doubt. If the team was 6-1, 5-2 it wouldn't be like that though.

#9 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,420 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

Tickets on Stub hub are under $30 for a few. Can easily get a seat for under $40.

That never happened for Ravens games to my knowledge.

Not for regular season games prior to December if the team is toast. $30 seats in October is a different era for this team.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#10 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:02 AM

This is why it's not insulting to the fanbase to completely rebuild next year. The apathy is already there. We already know we're going nowhere with this core. Don't drag out the apathy 2 or 3 more seasons and then rebuild. Rip the bandaid off next year

#11 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

Btw this could be the game where we look really good and some people fool themselves into reinvesting in the season. We just seem to have Miami's number. Plus it's a home game on a very short week. That's an added advantage

#12 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,946 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

All of the apathy really goes back to 1 game..the Bears game at home.

The goal was always to be 5-5 heading into the “weak” part of your schedule.

The thing is, a win tonight and that is still very possible. We really have no business talking about the playoffs with this team but if they win tonight and get a win at Tenn or at GB (a win you didn’t expect going into the season), they are still set up to potentially be right there.

Tonight’s game is probably your season. Lose tonight and any playoff talk should end. Win tonight and you do still have a chance. It’s been bad but with so much mediocre football going on this year, we aren’t too far off from most teams. If the team can get healthier and the young guys can develop as the season goes on, there is a potential for a turn around.

Of course, going 9-7, making the playoffs and losing in R1 is going to cause the team to stay status quo...that is probably not a good thing.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLRobShields

#13 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,341 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:43 AM

Btw this could be the game where we look really good and some people fool themselves into reinvesting in the season. We just seem to have Miami's number. Plus it's a home game on a very short week. That's an added advantage

I agree but if we can get some guys back, we could be in much better shape going down the stretch. Still don't think the playoffs are much of a possibility, but you always want to win your game each week and see how the chips fall moving forward. That's what the NFL has become -- a week to week league where things are continuously shifting. Ben R. could go down this week and really blow things open in the division. It happened to the Packers.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 99,459 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:35 AM

Who expects a win tonight?

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 99,459 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

Betting Line / Total: Baltimore -3.5 / 37.5 Points

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 99,459 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

Sun Sentinel: Dolphins' struggling offensive line faces a test against physical Ravens' defense
http://www.sun-senti...1025-story.html

#17 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,341 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

I don't. I expect an ugly game (have the Dolphins had a clean win all year?) and close. Team with less TO's probably wins.

17 winner

13 loser

#18 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,946 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

I always expect us to beat Miami.

I’m anxious to see what we do against Ajayi..he tore us up last year. You have to tackle well against him.
@BSLRobShields

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,463 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

Ravens 17 Miami 13

I think the defense has a good night, limits the Miami run game tonight and forces Moore into a mistake or two that gets us 6-7 points (or at least leads to a short field).  Joe's done a good job avoiding turnovers the past 3 games even if he's not making plays, I think that continues and the offense does just enough on it's own to make the defense's hard work stand up.

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,463 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

I’m anxious to see what we do against Ajayi..he tore us up last year.

61 yards on 12 rushes.  Very good average, but I wouldn't say tore us up since he never really got the volume.  The game was over at halftime, so Miami never really had a chance to pound the rock and see if Ajayi could really have a big game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners