Hockili and his crew were awful yesterday, and they made some big mistakes, but that was not the reason or the only reason we lost.
1. Attrition on both O and D line really showed yesterday. Our d line fought hard but wore down and it hurt us a lot.
2. Oline, particularly our guards got abused. I really think Joe and the running backs played fairly well. They could have sued for non support.
3. The receivers. God Awful in so many ways.
- Perriman- they really needed him to step up. He got knocked out, not his fault-but his last play was one of the daggers. That ball was perfectly thrown. Spot on beautiful. He got clobbered. I have not watched the replay of the game....Was it as cheap as a shot as it looked and did he lose it before contact. I was up yelling because I thought it was a strike, then the ball flies out and is going the other way.
- Matthews- Joe steps out of pressure and rolls out. Matthews is wide open and falls down..An easy TD goes incomplete.
- Moore-started fast, and I think he is going to help...The pick 6 was right in front of me. He has to catch that ball....It hit him in the damn shoulder.
_Campy- did a few good things but the drop was a killer. Joe picked up the blitz, and hit Campy in Stride. Drop. Not sure it showed on TD but he had a lot of green grass in front.
- Maxx- fumble when he looked to have a key first down.
- Wallace- he was getting bracketed but he stops running to easy.
The group does not work hard enough - keep moving, get your asses to a spot where you can be a target and help your QB. Too many times Joe got pushed out of the pocket and escaped right. Too many times no one came with him.
Joe has been struggling, but he deserved a hell of a lot better yesterday. Same goes for Buck and Collins- Those too played very hard.