#1 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

Details announced via the graphic below. I'll be on hand for this one!

DLJU5YxWAAEBBGw.jpg

@BSLZackKiesel

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Inside NU: Northwestern-Penn State final score: Wildcats dreadful on offense in embarrassing 31-7 home loss

Inside NU: Northwestern vs. Penn State postgame press conference notes

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,862 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

The Wildcats have to be considered one of the conference's bigger disappointments this season, as I think many thought they'd be Wisconsin's biggest challenge for the division (even though they did put up a late fight in Madison). I think this could be a must-win for the Terps if they want to get to a bowl game,.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Agree Mike.  They (NU) are a disappointment this year. Still, I like Fitzgerald, and I expect they will play with some pride vs. MD.

It's absolutely a must win game for MD imo. Not just for bowling either.  Next week in Madison figures to be a loss. Probably ugly.
You beat Northwestern, you lose to Wisconsin... you beat Indiana and Rutgers.... that will have you 6-3 overall, 4-2 in the Big Ten with Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State remaining.

Win one of those last 3, and you can feel pretty good about the year... especially after losing Piggy and Hill.

Lose to NW at home, after getting waxed in Columbus, and facing a beating against the Badgers... the year has a chance to go real south, real quick.

#5 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

The Wildcats' offensive line is absolutely atrocious this year, and despite having one of the most talented running backs in the country on their roster, they have one of the worst rushing attacks in the country. Clayton Thorson has regressed this season, and the lack of protection is killing him. As a team, they have a -4 turnover margin, one of the worst in college football.

Their defense is mediocre, and typically the only reason they have had success this year. However, their 2 best defensive players (Paddy Fisher and Godwin Igwebuike) will be forced to sit out the entire first half of this game due to their second-half ejections for targeting against Penn State.

This is a game that the Terps need to win, and a game that they should win.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#6 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Agreed that Northwestern has been a big disappointment, especially if you pegged them as the team to challenge Wisconsin in the West-I really hate when a team makes me look as stupid as the Wildcats have.  That being said, they had a crappy first half of the season last year and played much better in the second half.  If they do the same kind of turnaround starting Saturday, the Terps will have trouble. but Northwestern's offense is terrible so they should not be able to run away.  Maryland has shown if they can stay in a game this year they can play well in the clutch.

#7 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

Weather looks great for this one (80 degrees and sunny). Anyone else going to be there?

@BSLZackKiesel

#8 BSLEricGarland

BSLEricGarland

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

This is certainly a must-win game in College Park this weekend, and I hate the must-win phrase. If this program wants to go bowling, this is a team they will need to beat. 

Northwestern is coming off of two losses, both to some of the best the B1G has to offer. They'll be hungry.

We need to get that running game going, especially with Bort banged up. If Maryland loses this game, that path to 6 wins is next to impossible.

#9 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Northwestern opens as a 3-point favorite.

@BSLZackKiesel

#10 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Testudo Times: Maryland football defensive back Alex Woods to leave the program

He was suspended indefinitely before the season started. Worth noting that he was suspended at the same time as Markquese Bell.

@BSLZackKiesel

#11 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,862 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

There's been a really tight lid on whatever the situation with those guys is/was. Usually that sort of stuff leaks out one way or another, or is of a nature that it's a matter of public record by now. I hope that's a good sign that it really is nothing crime-related.

Closest thing I can recall to this was about 10 years ago when Josh Portis was suspended for a year the morning prior to the first game of the season. No specific reason was given, but even then it got out after a short time that he had cheated on a quiz.

#12 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:48 AM

Both Woods and Bell enrolled early, so I'd put my money on some sort of academic issue (cheating, plagiarism, etc.) during the spring/summer. But it doesn't seem like we can expect Bell back until next season, if he stays in the program.

@BSLZackKiesel

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

Testudo Times: Maryland football needs a quick bounce-back vs. Northwestern after a blowout loss
https://www.testudot...owl-eligibility

#14 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

No changes at all to this week's depth chart. We should learn more about Bortenschlager's status when Durkin has his weekly press conference at noon today.

@BSLZackKiesel

#15 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

No update from Durkin on Bortenschlager. He's day-to-day, and will be evaluated later this week.

@BSLZackKiesel

#16 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

BSL: 5 Thoughts Before Maryland/Northwestern

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

I think I'd like to see Henderson start, and hope that Bortenschlager was available to play if needed.

Hopefully Henderson is getting the snaps this week and is ready to go.

#18 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,862 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

I think I'd like to see Henderson start, and hope that Bortenschlager was available to play if needed.

Hopefully Henderson is getting the snaps this week and is ready to go.

I agree. While I doubt there is much difference in their skillsets to warrant any alteration of the gameplan, if Henderson is taking snaps in practice and Bortenschlager isn't, then Henderson should start.

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

Is crazy to again be onto a 4th QB.

#20 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

Anish Shroff, Ahmad Brooks, and Roddy Jones on the call for ESPN2.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors