#1 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 67,037 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

From Rappaport:

#Ravens RB Danny Woodhead (hamstring) is expected to be out roughly 4-6 weeks, sources say. The bright side is he'll be back this season.
@BSLRobShields

#2 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Yeah but hamstring injuries tend to linger. Hopefully he doesn't rush back.

#3 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

That's what I'd say. Let him take his time. Get him healthy for the last 1/4 of the year and the playoffs (I said it...). :)

• Mike B likes this

#4 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

From the way he reacted, I thought it could be season ending. I think this could be a dodged bullet, but who knows how reliable he will be if/when he does come back.

@gabefergy

#5 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

How often are Hamstring injuries season ending? It looked like a pulled hamstring right away. I don't know, I thought there was a lot of overreaction to this being an 8+ week injury. 

I think he came back too fast from the other injury and wasn't slowly worked in and hence the pull. Do we know if this was the same or different hamstring? 4-6 weeks feels par for the course of hamstrings to me...I would have thought maybe a little bit longer if it was a re-aggravation for the prior injury. But they dumped a pretty big work load on him right away considering he was already coming off a hamstring injury. 

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

4-6 weeks is great news imo. Definitely thought he was done for the year. No idea if he will be able to stay on the field after... but at-least it's a possibility.

#7 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

What about this made people think he was done for the year? He grabbed his hamstring. I just don't get where that was coming from? Thinking this was just another curses on Baltimore on it? 

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 91,583 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

What about this made people think he was done for the year? He grabbed his hamstring. I just don't get where that was coming from? Thinking this was just another curses on Baltimore on it? 

Was more thinking you were looking at an 8-10 week injury, and not going to be able to justify maintaining the spot on the roster... especially considering he had just missed pretty much the entire 2016 season with the ACL...  (which doesn't impact the hammy, but did add to my concern about his ability to get back, and stay healthy).

Anyway, it's good news.

#9 Biggsy

Biggsy

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

I didn't think he was done for the season in the sense of a torn ligament or anything like that. But soft tissue injuries can linger. Big problem with them is you think you're good after a few weeks and start pushing yourself to get back in shape, and boom, right back at square one. I dealt with a groin injury for all of my junior and senior years, for that exact reason. Now, I also didn't have world class trainers and staff tending me either. So hopefully he's 100% in 5 or 6 weeks.

#10 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

He was coming off of a hamstring injury, non contact, needed cart. A torn muscle is often season ending, but it always depends on severity.
@gabefergy

#11 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,457 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

Because if he needs surgery, it can take up to 6-12 months depending on severity.  Its not a far leap from what he was displaying outwardly to missing 3-4 months.  Don't be so flip.

• DuffMan likes this

@fuzydunlop

#12 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

I would not trust the injury timelines they give to the media.  We've been lied to before.

#13 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

Because if he needs surgery, it can take up to 6-12 months depending on severity.  Its not a far leap from what he was displaying outwardly to missing 3-4 months.  Don't be so flip.

Sorry wasn't trying to be flip. I just didn't see it as being all that bad. I think there is some drama around the Ravens injuries this year (and has been since Perriman missed the year) that isn't necessary. 

#14 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

The guy is fragile. Even if he comes back this year it's only a matter of time before he's hurt again. Woodhead looked great for the 3 mins we had him but if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Give Buck Allen the ball.
  • jkough1 and Dupin like this

#15 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

Schefter says 6-8 weeks.

@BSLZackKiesel

#16 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

Adam Schefter is now reporting 6-8 weeks. Would think he probably goes to IR.
@gabefergy

#17 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

Should have known this would happen when we signed the guy. I'm surprised it took him this long to get hurt.

#18 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

Harbaugh talked about using Camp as a Woodhead replacement. Hard to see him lining up in the backfield very often, but he can be used in similar routes, almost how KC uses Tyreek Hill.

Interesting from Flacco as well. Said he is fully capable of making throws even though he may not be 100%.
@gabefergy

#19 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,633 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

How many games does Flacco play this year. Im putting the over under at 7

#20 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester