Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Their OC took the fall today

#142 Filmstudy

Filmstudy
  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSection 153

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:33 AM

One thing about Pees in this game I don't hear talked about much is how he never really schemed for anything (pressure, coverage traps, etc.).  He used 3 fundamental packages and only had 2 players blitz the entire game!  Here's a piece I wrote subsequent to my regular article on the defense with greater detail on these topics:

http://russellstreet...cruise-control/

• BSLChrisStoner and jkough1 like this

#143 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:55 AM

I agree with this on offense and defense. Plenty of time to get the team together. And keep working on scheme and coordination on both offense and defense. Hoping they can keep it simple again tomorrow. 

• Filmstudy likes this

#144 Filmstudy

Filmstudy
  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSection 153

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

I agree with this on offense and defense. Plenty of time to get the team together. And keep working on scheme and coordination on both offense and defense. Hoping they can keep it simple again tomorrow. 

Simple will mean they have the lead.  I vote simple also.

#145 Biggsy

Biggsy

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

The win @CIN had some of the shine knocked off of it after seeing how they played against HOU last night. That's a bad team. Still impressive what we did, but that's a bad team.

I agree to an extent. But Houston is a great defense as well. Watt healthy and Clowney on the same line isn't easy for a great offensive line.

Ultimately it comes down to the Bengals offensive line. They're terrible. Bengals have a ton of talent at the skill positions. But up front, They're terrible. Just goes to show how much of a difference a good offensive line makes.

#146 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

One thing about Pees in this game I don't hear talked about much is how he never really schemed for anything (pressure, coverage traps, etc.).  He used 3 fundamental packages and only had 2 players blitz the entire game!  Here's a piece I wrote subsequent to my regular article on the defense with greater detail on these topics:

http://russellstreet...cruise-control/

Thanks for posting this. You do fantastic work breaking down Ravens film.

I particularly like how you wrapped it up.

The playbook remains closed and that should terrify other AFC teams.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors