Photo

BSL: College Football Deified Dozen (Week 1)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,503 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

I have no concerns about biases, we all have some, but that's part of the fun. Mostly I'm just pleased with the group we've got and the commitment you guys were willing to make. Good group of college football fans who won't just regurgitate what the other polls put out.

Yep, so far so good. And I love Auburn but dropped them this week. I almost put the Terps at 12 though. ;) (I'm definitely kidding)
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#42 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

I'm not going to lie, I don't see anything special about Washington though.

I wasn't impressed with their showing. How much of that was due to opening week rust, Rutgers being better than expected, or just the rigors of a cross-country trip will eventually reveal itself. Although much like last season their OOC schedule looks really bad, so they leave themselves with little margin for error.

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 88,651 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

MD realistically appearing in this poll  at some point would be awesome.

#44 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,503 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

MD realistically appearing in this poll at some point would be awesome.

With Durkin, it's great feeling that it's realistically possible. Not this year, probably not next, but maybe.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

MD realistically appearing in this poll  at some point would be awesome.

Looking forward to making that graphic (no, I didn't make them for all 130 FBS teams, so I'll probably be generating new ones some weeks).

#46 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

BSL Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

Terps didn't miss the Top 25 by much in either poll this week.  Not quite sure about that yet-would love to see it happen though.

#47 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

Terps didn't miss the Top 25 by much in either poll this week.  Not quite sure about that yet-would love to see it happen though.

If they win (they should) the next two weeks, I suspect enough of the teams towards the bottom lose where they have a real shot of getting in there. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors