#1 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,576 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

I picked three under-the-radar games this weekend that could have some impact and why, even if it's indirect, on who gets into the Playoff. Terps fans might want to have a look.

http://baltimorespor...fe.com/?p=31071

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

BSL Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

Some good picks there Mike-I thing WV-VT could be a really interesting game. Two more below the radar Big 10 games to mention-Wyoming @ Iowa and Louisville @Purdue. I think Iowa could have trouble with the Cowboys, and I've got a hunch Purdue may hang with the Cardinal.
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,576 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Totally agree on the WY/Iowa game, Jim. I focused on head-to-head Power 5 games, but of course it stands to reason a Power 5 conference will take a hit if a G5 team knocks off one of its better squads on their home field.

Interesting take on Purdue. I'm sure Jeff Brohm is pretty excited about taking on his alma mater in his first game in West Lafayette.

#4 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

Don't buy too much of the Wyoming hype and their QB. Josh Allen has the physical stature that the NFL just drools over. And he has a big arm. But his decision making has been suspect and he lost his go to receiver in Tanner Gentry (who may make the Bears as an undrafted free agent).  Allen has the tools for sure. If he develops the mental aspect this year then he well could go #1 in the draft next spring.

But this game is at Iowa and the Cowboys haven't been the best team on the road.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 90,294 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

CBS Sports: College football Week 1 matchups, storylines: FSU is being disrespected
https://www.cbssport...g-disrespected/

#6 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

As projected WYO isn't doing anything against IOWA. Although to be fair to Josh Allen, the WYO receivers have been crap.

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,576 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

... and I've got a hunch Purdue may hang with the Cardinal.

Good call.

#8 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,576 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

The Big 12 took it on the chin, losing both games I discussed, though WV didn't look at all bad last night. Factor in Baylor getting upset by Liberty and it was not a good weekend for them. Texas does have a big shot at redemption at USC in two weeks.

None of it will matter if Oklahoma can get a big win in Columbus and then win the conference. But if not, then the questions will probably begin as to whether a 1-loss Big 12 champ has any shot of getting in the CFP.

Hard to say now how much last night's wild comeback by UCLA might have helped the Pac-12's profile. One thing for certain, it sure didn't help Kevin Sumlin's job security.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors