Photo

BSL: College Football Deified Dozen (Preseason)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

Oh come on, suck it up Steve. I hate them too. Probably more than you, but consistency for this is very important, IMO.

I want to be inclusive with this project, so anyone who does want to get in a week late is okay. My only thing is that once you do agree to become a voter that you commit to it each week throughout the season. Like you said, the consistency is really important, or everything gets way out of whack if people are in and out.

Counting Steve there are seven of us. I'm pretty happy with that right off the bat, particularly since college football isn't one of the more heavily-discussed topics here.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLCTSchwink like this

#22 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

So what criteria did you all use? I pretty much based it off of who I thought the best 12 are right now, which is pretty much a crapshoot without having seen anyone play.

Balance of best on paper and projection based on schedule.

I didn't really account for schedules, though I probably will once we've seen and know more about everyone.

#23 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,503 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

I just didn't know how I could project without taking into account the competition.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#24 BSLCTSchwink

BSLCTSchwink

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

What team not ranked in the top 12 gets into the BCS bowl game(s) picture?  There is always at least one off the radar team that has puts themselves in position to make the playoff or, at least, be in one of those major bowl games.

I think USF is a player to run the table in their conference and get into the mix. Stanford's another that I could see, stealing the Pac-12 North title and getting a BCS bid. I'll peg Louisville in that "under the radar-ish" crowd. If they can get through the front portion of their schedule with 1-2 loses (Clemson, @NCSt, @ FSU are the toughies), then they could be a contender for a BCS bowl, possibly even showing up in the ACC title game. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#25 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Who are the best "group of 5" teams that have a shot at a New Year's Day bowl?

-USF

-Colorado State

-San Diego State

-Memphis 

-Houston

-Western Kentucky

• BSLCTSchwink likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#26 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'll go with Western Kentucky for the major bowl slot, just because they have the best shot of running the table. But just like Western Michigan last year that doesn't mean they are the best G5 team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors