#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,576 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Been some discussion in the Big Ten thread about this, but I think this whole scheduling mess just to play the tournament in MSG is a very bad idea. And I don't think it's good for the Terps either. Playing Purdue, who are a consensus preseason Top 25 team, on Dec 1 rather than during the typical conference season (after the non-conference "tune-up" games) does not benefit a young team like MD IMO.

• Mike B likes this

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Been some discussion in the Big Ten thread about this, but I think this whole scheduling mess just to play the tournament in MSG is a very bad idea. And I don't think it's good for the Terps either. Playing Purdue, who are a consensus preseason Top 25 team, on Dec 1 rather than during the typical conference season (after the non-conference "tune-up" games) does not benefit a young team like MD IMO.

At many points during the year, we will hear, how the priority is the Student Athlete.  Ignoring the argument about the phrase, for the time being, this schedule points out what the real priority is.  Money, first and foremost.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors