• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

BSL Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

Count on me. I'll probably post mine on Sunday since that's when I write my column, starting this Sunday.  Looking forward to it.  If we do it for hoops, I'm in for that also.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#42 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Guess I wish I would have seen this sooner since its probably a little late. But I'll toss this out anyway. There is one issue I have with only doing the top 12 (and I get the making it easier thing). One of the major things a lot of us like to watch is where the G5 team sit and who is making some noise for getting the NY6 bid. In most seasons you won't see that in the top 12.

#43 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

Guess I wish I would have seen this sooner since its probably a little late. But I'll toss this out anyway. There is one issue I have with only doing the top 12 (and I get the making it easier thing). One of the major things a lot of us like to watch is where the G5 team sit and who is making some noise for getting the NY6 bid. In most seasons you won't see that in the top 12.

Not too late at all, if you can have it by tomorrow night, and by each Monday night thereafter. Whatcha got?

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 88,651 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Your poll. If you think a team in the G5 should be in your Top 12... with whatever criteria you are using... go for it.

Or do the Top 12, and additionally include mention of a team outside of the 12 you are 'keeping an eye on'.

#45 BSLCTSchwink

BSLCTSchwink

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

Ok, here we go! Out of my gourd excited for next weekend!

1-Bama
2-Florida State
3-Ohio State
4-Washington
5-Oklahoma
6-Clemson
7-Penn State
8-Michigan
9-Oklahoma State
10-Wisconsin
11-Louisville
12-Stanford

#46 BSLCTSchwink

BSLCTSchwink

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

I realize I omitted USC, but upon further review, screw the USC hype train. Need to see it on the field first.

#47 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

I realize I omitted USC, but upon further review, screw the USC hype train. Need to see it on the field first.

Cmon. You don't think USC is one of the 12 best teams in the country?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#48 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Your poll. If you think a team in the G5 should be in your Top 12... with whatever criteria you are using... go for it.

Or do the Top 12, and additionally include mention of a team outside of the 12 you are 'keeping an eye on'.

Ok I wasnt trying to add another poll member but to see if y'all would expand to more than 12. But what the heck I have nothing better to do so I'll play. However, I won't put in a poll until after the first week of games. I really detest preseason polls and with they didn't exist. In fact I wish there were no polls until after week 4 but thats for another discussion.

So I 'll chime in on Sept 4th!

#49 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

BSL Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Okay, here we go with the preseason poll:

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Florida State
  4. Southern California
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Penn St
  7. Clemson
  8. Oklahoma St
  9. Auburn
  10. Washington
  11. LSU
  12. South Florida

I think there is a gap between Alabama and everyone else.  I think 2-4 you could pretty much flip a coin, and it's hard to pick a lot out of the 5-12.  I like South Florida to have a chance to run the table in their conference and be the Group of 5 team to break through into the New Year's Six bowl selection. 

#50 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

Great, all present and accounted. I'll have everything together later tonight. Thanks everyone!

Here's mine:

1) Alabama

2) Ohio State

3) Florida State

4) Clemson

5) Oklahoma

6) USC

7) LSU

8) Penn State

9) Wisconsin

10) Oklahoma State

11) Washington

12) Florida

#51 BSLCTSchwink

BSLCTSchwink

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

Cmon. You don't think USC is one of the 12 best teams in the country?

Ok, I GUESS that I do, but everyone's been burned by USC hype in recent years, so I decided it's a happy accident and they'll stay out until they start winning games. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors