741 replies to this topic

#741 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

You sound awfully confident about that Mercer game.

I think someone said the same thing to Rob a few years back during March Madness. :)

• BSLMikeLowe likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#742 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,576 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:47 AM

Heisman Thoughts of the Week:

Defending title-holder Lamar Jackson isn't getting enough love, probably only because Louisville as a team hasn't been nationally relevant this season. But other than the TDs his numbers are pretty much right where they were last season....and he's actually been a more accurate passer than he was last season. All the more remarkable because he has had to carry a lot more of the offensive load than he did in 2016 (his top 3 receivers from last year are gone as is their leading rusher, after Jackson himself). But he's spread the ball around a lot more this season and has 700 more yards and 10 rushing TDs more than Louisville's top RB. Considering all that, plus the target he is for every opposing defense, and that Louisville's lousy defense bears a lot of responsibility for their record, and I think he deserves more mention than he gets.

My other Heisman favorite, Bryce Love, had 30 carries/166 yards/3 TDs Friday night against the #1 rated defense by S&P+ coming into the week....all on a bum ankle.

But none of what I said above will likely matter, since it's Baker Mayfield's award to lose right now.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors