#101 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

I had my volume turned down, what the hell is the deal with that garbage can on the Tennessee sideline? Is that where they plan to burn the remaining years on Butch Jones' contract?

#102 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 88,651 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

I had my volume turned down, what the hell is the deal with that garbage can on the Tennessee sideline? Is that where they plan to burn the remaining years on Butch Jones' contract?

Wasn't paying attention... some motivational thing.

#103 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

I had my volume turned down, what the hell is the deal with that garbage can on the Tennessee sideline? 

Whenever they force a turnover, the guy who got it runs over and dunks the ball into the raised-up trash can.  Not sure why...

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

#104 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Whenever they force a turnover, the guy who got it runs over and dunks the ball into the raised-up trash can.  Not sure why...

Tough loss last night. Several late mistakes, any one of which would have been the difference.

#105 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Tough loss last night. Several late mistakes, any one of which would have been the difference.

I would have bet everything I own that Tech was gonna convert that last two point try.

Tennessee's D had nothing in the tank. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#106 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

I would have bet everything I own that Tech was gonna convert that last two point try.

Tennessee's D had nothing in the tank. 

It looked like the exact same play they had just scored the TD on. I'm guessing that's exactly what the defense was expecting. Of course a lot of that offense is relatively predictable....stopping it is just much harder than it looks.

#107 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

It looked like the exact same play they had just scored the TD on. I'm guessing that's exactly what the defense was expecting. Of course a lot of that offense is relatively predictable....stopping it is just much harder than it looks.

They've got about 9 plays... but each one comes in 37 varieties...

They lost because the blocker failed to take out the tackler... he blocked him, but the tackler recovered from the block...

#108 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

3 myths you can count on hearing from the TV guys during a GT game...

1. Player-X is selfless, giving himself up blocking when he's a primo RB..   There is nothing selfless about it.   If a PJ player wants to not ride the bench, he will block like crazy, doesn't matter who he is.

2. GT can't come back, it's not a quick-score offense.  Total BS.  Not exactly sure about last year, but the year before something like 2/3 of GT's scores took drives of 3 minutes or less.

3.  It's a triple-option offense.  No, it is not.  Last time I looked, they ran the triple option ~30% of the time. It's more like the running-oriented equivalent of the run-and-shoot... 

#109 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

They've got about 9 plays... but each one comes in 37 varieties...

They lost because the blocker failed to take out the tackler... he blocked him, but the tackler recovered from the block...

That wasn't the mistake I was referring to....that was just a good job by the defense shedding blocks. It was the fumble that gave the ball to Tenn for the game-tying TD, and then the blocked FG. And while it was a forced error from pressure, Marshall's overthrow of a near-certain TD on that final 4th Qtr drive.

#110 RShack

RShack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

That wasn't the mistake I was referring to....that was just a good job by the defense shedding blocks. It was the fumble that gave the ball to Tenn for the game-tying TD, and then the blocked FG. And while it was a forced error from pressure, Marshall's overthrow of a near-certain TD on that final 4th Qtr drive.

Oh, sure.... but all that happened before the last play...

As for the last play.... https://www.sbnation...n-overtime-2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors