61 replies to this topic

#61 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,036 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

Yea, unless he gets on a roll and finishes strong, he will have to take a make good deal.

I think, at this point, even if he finishes well, he will be better off taking the one year deal unless he is worried about his shoulder and just takes the best possible thing he can..even if it's a cheaper 2-3 year deal.

Take the 1 year deal and re-establish yourself and then get big money.

If he finishes strong, he may be able to get 10-15 million instead of 4-7. That's where that difference will be.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLRobShields

#62 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,613 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

I think, at this point, even if he finishes well, he will be better off taking the one year deal unless he is worried about his shoulder and just takes the best possible thing he can..even if it's a cheaper 2-3 year deal.

Take the 1 year deal and re-establish yourself and then get big money.

If he finishes strong, he may be able to get 10-15 million instead of 4-7. That's where that difference will be.

I agree, but free agency is weird.  It only takes one team to think they can get Tillman and what he was, at 3/30.  He would probably take that.

I don't see him getting hot though.  His velocity was better last night, but he still did not look like he did pre-injury

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors