#41 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

Yea, no doubt.  

My biggest issue is swing tempo.  Just slowing down my swing changes my game a lot. That is the one thing I have to totally focus on and I don't do it with every shot.  My swing speed has always been too fast.  Caused a big slice.  I just never knew where the ball was going.  I was told by different coaches that I was really close because my swing was fine...its just that I was too fast around the impact zone.  Slowing down my swing allows for more of the natural motions to kick in and allow the club face to square up.  

The short game lesson I got just taught me things I didn't know about and didn't realize I was doing wrong, so that was a huge help.  It also has helped me in that 80-130 range, which was a big struggle for me.  If nothing else, it has helped me reduce those awful around the green shots that end up costing you 2-3 more strokes on a given hole.

I doubt you are going too fast at impact but going too fast at the start of the downswing.  You want impact to be the fastest part of the swing and you should build up to that.

@Miller192

#42 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

I just flat out can't putt.  Ruined two good ball striking days on Friday and today with my horrible putting.

I don't make anything.  I'd rather have a 25 foot putt than a 7 foot putt.  Its so frustrating but I think Im going to buy a new putter to try and get into a honeymoon period.

@Miller192

#43 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,579 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

I just flat out can't putt. Ruined two good ball striking days on Friday and today with my horrible putting.

I don't make anything. I'd rather have a 25 foot putt than a 7 foot putt. Its so frustrating but I think Im going to buy a new putter to try and get into a honeymoon period.

Putting is my consistent weakness. I can't roll the ball pure. Have done it on occasion but I have no idea how. You seem to know a lot about the game and equipment so I'm sure I'm not offering any real advice but I know a guy who is taller and went to one of the short putters and found some success.

#44 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,274 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

87 today at Bay Hills (par 70) despite being 9 over thru 4. Seven pars plus a bird over the final 14 holes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors