151 replies to this topic

#141 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:23 PM

If LBJ came out and said, I would prefer to be here but am willing to go elsewhere if that is what is best for the organization, I would be willing to do that.

No one would hold that against him.

I just don't agree. I think it would justifiably turn into a conversation about how he doesn't think he can win there, that he's undermining the team and thinking about the future on another team and demanding a trade and not winning this year. Yada yada.

It's easy to say there is a right path on this, but I just don't think it's quite that simple. Plenty of people want to get upset at James for any reason at all, I think you'd be surprised at people that didn't find your comment acceptable in the world of James. The vitriol against him is strong and pronounced.

But we're also in a weird part of the NBA. It's dumb that players can and are taking less to be on super teams. It means the NBA ownership has done a really effective job of shifting the responsibility of the future of the teams onto players when that's really not their role. Just because KD does it (and I view him as a selfish loser much more than Lebron) doesn't mean everyone should do it or be held to that standard. That's not fair to James or any player, IMO. And any player that has shifted that responsibility like Durant did has done the rest of the guys in the league a major disservice from an earning power perspective. 

#142 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,682 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted Yesterday, 01:49 PM

And yes Stoner, everything on LeBron's future is speculation. Some people like to state speculation as if it's fact though.

#143 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

BSL CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,881 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

ESPN/Zach Lowe: Which massive Kyrie Irving trade will actually happen?

Cleveland is seeking a bundle of assets, but the highest priority right now is snagging a blue-chip young player, according to sources across the league. That is not necessarily a signal they think James is leaving. They would like to get everything: one or two veterans who can help LeBron dethrone Golden State, that blue-chipper, and picks.

Good luck getting all that. Irving might be a bit of a safer bet with him being under contract for longer than other recently traded stars, but I don't know that he warrants that much of a return. And the one team that would probably be most willing and able to offer a blockbuster return (Boston), is the one place Cleveland probably doesn't want to see him.

#144 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 PM

I don't get Kyrie's logic of not wanting to play with Lebron either. If we're calling anyone selfish in all this, how is that Lebron is the one getting called selfish and not the guy that's on a championship team, that had more touches, took more shots, and sucked without Lebron on the floor.

Somehow this quickly evolved into being critical of Lebron, but let's for a moment discuss how stupid Kyrie comes off in this. Not just in terms of what he wants, but also in terms of how stupid it was when he chose to do this in the NBA calendar year. 

Durant took less money, a lesser role, and gave up being a hero in his own town to somewhere else just to win get to the finals and win championships. Kyrie wants to position himself I assume for a bigger role and to be a bigger hero in his home town in exchange for almost a lock for being in the finals and having a legit shot at a championship (repeating at that). 

It kind of bothers me that Kyrie isn't taking a ton of heat for this. Also...he thinks the world is flat. I thought this was him joking at first. But now...I think he might be serious and he's just an idiot. 

#145 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

Cleveland won't likely get everything they want, but both the Pacers and Bulls are kinda poor examples because both had turned down substantially better offers at the deadline and better offers this off-season, but they placed more value on some of the players they got back than the vast majority of others did, so that helps explain why their returns look so poor to most.

#146 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Kyrie does think the world is flat.

But other than that, I've generally been impressed by him when he is at press conferences or being interviewed.

#147 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 85,711 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:09 PM

The Ringer: The Kyrie Irving Chain Reaction

#148 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:19 PM

Btw, Kyrie to the Spurs isn't even realistic so him saying they're one of his preferred teams hardly matters.

#149 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,579 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 PM

LBJ is a loser who lacks leadership abilities but some people will blindly defend him no matter what.

#millinnealgoat

#150 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,036 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

http://www.espn.com/...g-trade-request

Jefferson, who is in the locker room doesn't buy that Kyrie has some issue with LBJ...believes he wants stability.

As someone said in a recent article, everywhere he wants to go has an elite coach, except NY and that's close to home for him:
@BSLRobShields

#151 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,579 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

He realizes he doesn't want to play second fiddle to a fake beta. Never would have done this to Jordan or Kobe. Happily would have known his role and accepted it

#152 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM

While holding the Cavs hostage, LeBron somehow helped recruit Derrick Rose to the Cavs.

Note that I don't think Rose is good anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors