#22 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

The third time in US MNT history to score a point at Azteca! Arena had the team prepared so kudos to him. They had a plan and they stuck to it. In thinking more about the lineup I am guessing that he just thought that only three days was too soon to play so many guys a second match especially with a day of travel.

So my thoughts.

1. Ref you did a pretty weak performance but that half was slightly better than the first.  But I will clue you on something. The US did not foul half again as many times as Mexico did. That game should have been 50-50.

2. Mexico controlled the ball. But the US had every bit as many dangerous chances as Mexico did.In fact Cuzan had zero saves and Ochoa had one.

3. Beasley and Yedlin did their jobs. They kept their wingers wide and when they did get the ball they closed down on them. Clearly Arena wanted them to play the ball into our box in the air. The CBs all did well.

4. Bradley and Pulisic ran their guts out. I thought Puli was going to pull out a miracle at the end but didn't hit the ball square and it went wide.

5. Both teams had one from distance beat the keepers only to go off the posts.

6. Stealing a point was really good there since Panama stole one down in CR on Thursday. So we negated that one. Puts the US in great shape heading to September.

That was a very entertaining game all around by two well coached teams.  Very surprised the Mexican fans were streaming out of Azteca with a couple of mintues to go. Can't wait to read the Mexican news tomorrow....no doubt they will be in a frazzle. Love it!

• BSLChrisStoner and DuffMan like this

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 88,520 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

Sports on Earth: Golazo Gives U.S. Draw against Mexico
http://www.sportsone...-draw-vs-mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors