Photo

Netflix: The Keepers - Who Killed Sister Cathy?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,036 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

Disgusting.

I wanted to reach through screen and choke that woman lawyer. What a giant C word she is.
@BSLRobShields

#22 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,036 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

The connections they tried to make with the necklace in the last episode were really bad. Cathy certainly could have bought it but thy didn't connect things well there.
@BSLRobShields

#23 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

BSL Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

The connections they tried to make with the necklace in the last episode were really bad. Cathy certainly could have bought it but thy didn't connect things well there.

I don't know. I think it's pretty much spelled out that Edgar was involved with the killing somehow and he gave the necklace to his ex wife.

#24 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,036 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

I don't know. I think it's pretty much spelled out that Edgar was involved with the killing somehow and he gave the necklace to his ex wife.

I think you can assume that if you want to and maybe that is what happened...but the connection they made with it and the theory they used was pretty poor. I mean, it could mean anything.
@BSLRobShields

#25 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

BSL Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

I think the dots were connected pretty well. All circumstantial but the whole show was built on that. And people have been jailed for life on circumstantial evidence.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 85,711 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

Collider: ‘The Keepers’ Director Ryan White on Burning Questions, Theories, and New Developments
http://collider.com/...hite-interview/

#27 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:52 AM

I just finished the series this past weekend, and wow. I grew up Catholic in this area, and my grandmother lives a few minutes down the road from Keough so I know the Catonsville area very well. In fact, growing up my pastor was Fr. Art Valenzano, who is the priest they mentioned who Jean went to in the early '90s and referred her to the higher-ups who wound up doing nothing. My mom watched the series also, and was telling me that one of her friends is/was very good friends with that Bishop Malooly guy, and she's pretty freaked out after watching it.

One thing that amazes me is how little the Archdiocese has changed in all these years. Just the blatant lying and victim-blaming that they've done to this day. It's scary to think that this could happen again, or may even be happening right now, and I don't have much confidence that their response would be any different. I haven't been a practicing Catholic in a while, but this just pushes me further away from it, especially in this region.

And to think that their negligence eventually allowed Maskell to leave for Ireland, where he was a psychologist working with child sex abuse victims? Absolutely horrendous.

• BSLChrisStoner, Ricker Says and BSLSeanJester like this
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors