BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

http://baltimorespor...und-mock-draft/

I think there is at least a 50/50 chance Mike Williams is there at 16. Should be a good edge player in 2nd as well. After that hitting on a OT and CB makes sense. I could still potentially see those positions being drafted in any order, but WR in the first just makes the most sense from a value standpoint.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@gabefergy

#2 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams, Davis, Fournette, and Ross all gone by the time we pick.

#3 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

I think Davis and Williams will be gone by pick 16. Too many teams in the 5-14 range with the need to let them go.

Trubisky is definitely going top 10.

@BSLRobShields

#4 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams, Davis, Fournette, and Ross all gone by the time we pick.

I think the odds are against that happening, but anything is possible, especially if no QBs go top 15.

@gabefergy

#5 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

I think Davis and Williams will be gone by pick 16. Too many teams in the 5-14 range with the need to let them go.

Trubisky is definitely going top 10.

I see very small chance any WRs go top 5 simply because there are better players at other positions and these teams drafting high have major needs.

Most teams drafting 6-15 really don't need a WR, at least not a WR1. Teams like Cinci, Buf and Car need complimentary WRs, so would they really spend their first round pick on one? Maybe, but these teams also have big needs at other positions and probably think they can get a WR later.

The Jets could in theory be a landing spot for a WR, but they don't even have a QB and they also have massive needs elsewhere. Seems unlikely they draft a WR to me.

NO could draft a WR as they just traded away a very good one, but they also just drafted a very good WR last year and have major needs on defense. 

Philly and Arizona are the two teams I would be most concerned about taking WRs early, but likewise they both have more pressing needs at CB. To me they are both 50/50 in taking a WR. I think it is likely that one of them grabs a WR, but unlikely they both do. 

I guess what it comes down to is how highly teams rate these WRs. If they think they are top 10 players in this class, then there is a good chance 2 or 3 are gone. If they rate them more in the 10-25 range it's much more up in the air. 

@gabefergy

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 87,039 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

If they take a WR, I think I'm hoping for Davis.

Despite the obvious need, I won't be opposed if they go elsewhere vs. WR with the pick.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 87,039 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

http://baltimorespor...und-mock-draft/

I think there is at least a 50/50 chance Mike Williams is there at 16. Should be a good edge player in 2nd as well. After that hitting on a OT and CB makes sense. I could still potentially see those positions being drafted in any order, but WR in the first just makes the most sense from a value standpoint.

And Gabe this was excellent.... 

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

I see very small chance any WRs go top 5 simply because there are better players at other positions and these teams drafting high have major needs.

Most teams drafting 6-15 really don't need a WR, at least not a WR1. Teams like Cinci, Buf and Car need complimentary WRs, so would they really spend their first round pick on one? Maybe, but these teams also have big needs at other positions and probably think they can get a WR later.

The Jets could in theory be a landing spot for a WR, but they don't even have a QB and they also have massive needs elsewhere. Seems unlikely they draft a WR to me.

NO could draft a WR as they just traded away a very good one, but they also just drafted a very good WR last year and have major needs on defense.

Philly and Arizona are the two teams I would be most concerned about taking WRs early, but likewise they both have more pressing needs at CB. To me they are both 50/50 in taking a WR. I think it is likely that one of them grabs a WR, but unlikely they both do.

I guess what it comes down to is how highly teams rate these WRs. If they think they are top 10 players in this class, then there is a good chance 2 or 3 are gone. If they rate them more in the 10-25 range it's much more up in the air.

I could easily see Buffalo, Carolina, or Cincy taking a WR. Carolina has a major need AT WR. They lost Ginn Jr, Funchess has been pretty bad, and they really have no playmakers outside of Benjamin. Them taking another playmaker to put around Cam is almost as big of a need as any other position. Buffalo is in a similar situation, but I could see them taking a DB instead.

I have to agree with the earlier poster, I could easily see all of those players gone by our pick.

#9 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Tenn could take a WR too. I expect Davis and Williams to be gone. Ross could be gone too. I don't think any DL/OLB except Thomas, Garrett, and Allen to be gone in the Top 15. I consider Reddick an ILB. I also don't think more than 1 QB is going in the top 15.

Lets assume I'm right about now DL/OLB goes except for the 3 I listed plus 1 QB. That's 4 picks. Still have 11 more before our pick.

Adams
HOOKER
Lattimore
Fournette
OJ Howard

Still have 6 spots to fill. Maybe Barnett goes as a DE/LB too but it's tough to see more than that. Foster could go, Reddick could go, we could have a surprise who's not being mocked in the Top 20 go but for me it's hard to see a scenario where more than 1 of the WRs is left and all 3 gone iso probably gone IMO. I think we'd have to get lucky to have Williams or Davis fall to 16.

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

Excellent work Gabe

I want one of the receivers to fall.  Prefer it be one of the bigger targets so I am hoping you nailed it, with Mike Williams.

If no Williams go edge or DB and take Smith-Shuster in round 2.

@mikeghg

#11 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

I think at least 2 QBs go before us.

I think one if the Olineman goes higher than we think.

Lattimore, Fournette, Garrett, Adams, Howard and Hooker.

That's 9.

At least 5 teams could easily go WR before we pick.

We will have to trade up imo.
@BSLRobShields

#12 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

I could easily see Buffalo, Carolina, or Cincy taking a WR. Carolina has a major need AT WR. They lost Ginn Jr, Funchess has been pretty bad, and they really have no playmakers outside of Benjamin. Them taking another playmaker to put around Cam is almost as big of a need as any other position. Buffalo is in a similar situation, but I could see them taking a DB instead.

I have to agree with the earlier poster, I could easily see all of those players gone by our pick.

Cle too. They met with Williams the other day.
@BSLRobShields

#13 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

I think at least 2 QBs go before us.

I think one if the Olineman goes higher than we think.

Lattimore, Fournette, Garrett, Adams, Howard and Hooker.

That's 9.

At least 5 teams could easily go WR before we pick.

We will have to trade up imo.

I will add Thomas to this list too. That makes 10.
@BSLRobShields

#14 Biggsy

Biggsy

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Cle too. They met with Williams the other day.

Cleveland could do anything. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they somehow left day one without Garrett or a QB.

The more you look into it, the less likely you can see Davis or Williams lasting to 16. If we want one or the other, were going to have to do what Ozzie almost never does and trade up.

#15 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

Cleveland could do anything. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they somehow left day one without Garrett or a QB.

The more you look into it, the less likely you can see Davis or Williams lasting to 16. If we want one or the other, were going to have to do what Ozzie almost never does and trade up.

Yep.

They safely can go up to 8 and get one of them I believe.

Anything beyond that is risky.
@BSLRobShields

#16 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

Excellent work Gabe

I want one of the receivers to fall.  Prefer it be one of the bigger targets so I am hoping you nailed it, with Mike Williams.

If no Williams go edge or DB and take Smith-Shuster in round 2.

Thank you, and I completely agree with you. My ideal scenario is taking a WR, either Williams or Davis round 1. If they are gone I would like to trade back, but if that's not possible Edge rusher is probably the next best bet at 16. OL would be my third option. 

Smith-Schuster or Chris Godwin in the 2nd is still a fine haul imo.

@gabefergy

#17 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

Cleveland is a complete Wild Card because they pretty much need help everywhere.

Trading up would ensure being able to draft a WR, but I'm going to say that is very unlikely. For one I think there is a decent chance one of them drops to 16 and also, I think they will be okay with drafting a different position in the first round given the team needs.

@gabefergy

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Cleveland is a complete Wild Card because they pretty much need help everywhere.

Trading up would ensure being able to draft a WR, but I'm going to say that is very unlikely. For one I think there is a decent chance one of them drops to 16 and also, I think they will be okay with drafting a different position in the first round given the team needs.

I agree, in fact, I think the likelihood we trade back is far greater than we give up picks to go up.  I think on e of the receivers is there, but if not trade back, take defense or an OT and get a receiver in R2.

I think Smith-Shuster is a good pick in R2.

@mikeghg

#19 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

Williams and Davis will both be gone by 16. That's a near lock. You want one you have to trade up. Ross will probably be gone too. Trading back is possible but obviously you need a partner and I doubt the Ravens want to go back too far.

#20 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 62,987 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Williams and Davis will both be gone by 16. That's a near lock. You want one you have to trade up. Ross will probably be gone too. Trading back is possible but obviously you need a partner and I doubt the Ravens want to go back too far.

I agree this is possible....but its far from a lock or near lock.

@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors