#162 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Not knocking Duke, although, I like doing it, but CBB gets more screwy every year with kids dropping in and out of graduating classes.

I may be wrong, but isn't Bagley the kid that reclassified earlier and now moves into 2017.

The street agents maneuver these kids around, to get them to the NBA as soon as possible.   Bagley probably another one and done.

@mikeghg

#163 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Not knocking Duke, although, I like doing it, but CBB gets more screwy every year with kids dropping in and out of graduating classes.

I may be wrong, but isn't Bagley the kid that reclassified earlier and now moves into 2017.

The street agents maneuver these kids around, to get them to the NBA as soon as possible.   Bagley probably another one and done.

Bagley is 100% another 1-and-done. 

I have no problem with athletes using the system to their advantage. Until they can bypass, it's all they can do.

#164 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 68,033 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

Yea I have no issue with it because they want to get into the pros (i.e. Their future job) asap and that allows them to do it.

It's a weird rule though.
@BSLRobShields

#165 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

Sr. Orioles Analyst

• Moderators
  • 68,033 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

And yea, they said last night that a lot of people thought he would be the #1 pick of this last draft if he was eligible.
@BSLRobShields

#166 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Big 10 Conference Basketball Schedule

Just announced.

#167 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,078 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Conference games start in early December on account of the conference tourney ending two weeks before the first weekend of the NCAA tourney.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#168 BSLChrisBacon

BSLChrisBacon

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

Conference games start in early December on account of the conference tourney ending two weeks before the first weekend of the NCAA tourney.

Genuinely curious. Do you Terps fan / Big Ten fans even care about playing at MSG? Is it worth conference games in early December?

#169 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,078 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Couldn't care less about it being in MSG.

I know pretty much every B1G fan hated the tourney being in DC except Terps fans. So I guess they're having it at MSG for....Rutgers fans?
  • BSLChrisBacon likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#170 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,038 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

Genuinely curious. Do you Terps fan / Big Ten fans even care about playing at MSG? Is it worth conference games in early December?

Don't care at all about playing in MSG, and I think it's a really bad idea because of having to shoehorn games in early Dec and then sit around for a week in March while everyone else is playing conference tournaments.

And for a team like MD that will be relying on a lot of younger players I really don't like having to play Purdue on Dec 1. Would much rather face them after they've had a chance to get more games under their belt.

• BSLChrisBacon likes this

#171 BSLChrisBacon

BSLChrisBacon

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:10 AM

Agree with both of you. It just doesn't make sense. I know it will piss off most Maryland fans, but I've always felt like the Big Ten Tournament should rotate between Chicago and Indianapolis. 

If the conference would like to maintain an East Coast presence every few years too, keep giving it to DC. No way games at MSG will entice many Rutgers fans (if any Rutgers basketball fans even exist).

#172 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

If the conference would like to maintain an East Coast presence every few years too, keep giving it to DC. No way games at MSG will entice many Rutgers fans (if any Rutgers basketball fans even exist).

There will be more fans of teams like Michigan and OSU than there will be Rutgers fans in the seats at MSG, bet on it.

#173 BSLChrisBacon

BSLChrisBacon

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,236 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

There will be more fans of teams like Michigan and OSU than there will be Rutgers fans in the seats at MSG, bet on it.

Oh for sure. More Maryland fans and all the others too, I bet.

#174 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

I'm in agreement with everyone that screwing up the entire Big 10 season schedule just for the ego trip of playing at Madison Square Garden is stupid.  I wonder if the Barclay Center was available?  Still New York.  The Big 10 basketball tournament just doesn't have the cache that the Big East or ACC does to fill the Garden.  What a waste.  It will be interesting to see how having over a week off will impact teams in the first round of the NCAA tournament. 

#175 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

I'm in agreement with everyone that screwing up the entire Big 10 season schedule just for the ego trip of playing at Madison Square Garden is stupid.  I wonder if the Barclay Center was available?  Still New York.  The Big 10 basketball tournament just doesn't have the cache that the Big East or ACC does to fill the Garden.  What a waste.  It will be interesting to see how having over a week off will impact teams in the first round of the NCAA tournament. 

The Atlantic 10 held their tournament at Barclays during Tourney Week for a while. But I think the ACC is doing it there this coming season.

#176 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,570 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

This is part of the B1G onboarding program for Maryland and Rutgers. People need to get over it. I appreciate the gesture after being an after thought in the ACC.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#177 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

They could have done it at Prudential Center in Newark. Right across the river from NYC and even closer to Rutgers.

#178 BSLJimJohnson

BSLJimJohnson

Terps / Big Ten Analyst

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

ESPN's "Way Too Early" Men's Hoops Top 25

Not much to like here for Terps' fans-not much love for the Big 10 beyond Michigan State, no love for the Terps, and lots of love for Duke.

#179 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,570 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:00 AM

They could have done it at Prudential Center in Newark. Right across the river from NYC and even closer to Rutgers.

Sure, sure... but MSG! Benefits Rutgers that way too. They certainly want to increase their fan base in Manhattan. It's just not a big deal. It's a one-off anyway.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#180 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 92,832 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

The Ringer: Duke Is a One-and-Done School Now, and Its Coaching Succession Plan Is Suddenly Murky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

\