HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

BSL: Maryland moves forward after disappointing finish

http://baltimorespor...ointing-finish/

As always good stuff.  I feel like Melo will move on and if he does, it may make it easier for one of the freshman to step up.  I really think Huerter and Jackson would benefit from being the go to guys on offense.  Either one is capable, but I think an assertive Kevin Huerter could become a All Big Ten type of player.  I rewatched the Xavier game and Huerter clearly stepped up his game but there were a number of times where he got to the middle of the zone, with a chance to get off a good shot and passed the ball.  If he was aggressive at those times, he may have scored 30 points.

Looking forward to next year.....Go Terps.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#3 BSLRaphielleJohnson

BSLRaphielleJohnson

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for reading. Always appreciated. 

I think Melo will ultimately move on as well, which would help with role allocation as it pertains to leadership. There would be no question that the freshmen would be asked to take on that role. I'm high on both Huerter and Jackson next season; interestingly Draft Express projected Jackson as a first-rounder in 2018. Both have the tools to give a much different look to the offense if they were to become main options given their size, which could work out well for Maryland. 

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

I think both Huerter and Jackson are smart players who can do a lot more.  I think Huerter has point forward skills and if he gets more aggressive the Terps can run the offense through him. Jackson  is really smooth, he certainly could have been used in the high post or to run the baseline against zone defenses like Xavier's 1-3-1.  Hopefully they are used differently next year.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors